What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael in the hunt as Broncos No.6

salivor

First Grade
And so does Hunt and it seems to have slipped your radar that he does actually possess a kicking game, it's not required when he has a set of halves doing the job one of which is one of the better kickers in the game.

You simply don't have the slightest clue about league if you think a player can step from fullback to halfback for just 2 games and just roll with the punches. Give a bloke a season and then let it rip, but 2 matches? You've got nothing.

And Karmichael does that at the moment dazza.
Utter bullsh*t.. he comes up into the line to run off locky or create an extra man.Locky used to come up into the line to create something out of nothing, put a chip up or a bomb or a 30 mtr cut out pass...when was the last time cutie put in a decent kick of any sort?
Locky was the most complete Fb i have ever seen ...& cutie is nowhere near his class.

lockyno1

Post Whore
And where is ANYONE and I mean ANYONE saying he'll be as good as Lockyer was. It took Lockyer TWO YEARS experience at 5/8 to get to know that position. It will not happen automatically!

salivor

First Grade
dazza62 said:
Utter bullsh*t.. he comes up into the line to run off locky or create an extra man.Locky used to come up into the line to create something out of nothing, put a chip up or a bomb or a 30 mtr cut out pass...when was the last time cutie put in a decent kick of any sort?
Locky was the most complete Fb i have ever seen ...& cutie is nowhere near his class.

Nobody is trying to say that Hunt is as good as Lockyer. But by your own logic, if the most complete fullback that you've ever seen who had more playmaking ability than Hunt took 2-3 seasons to adapt to the 5/8 role then how can you bag Hunt out for having 2 average matches at halfback?

Nobody is trying to say that Hunt is as good as Lockyer.

Not even in the same ball park

But by your own logic, if the most complete fullback that you've ever seen who had more playmaking ability than Hunt took 2-3 seasons to adapt to the 5/8 role then how can you bag Hunt out for having 2 average matches at halfback?

Because you get sick of hearing how great he is when nearly everything he does in attack is set up by someone else.
If he s the great player he is made out to be he should be able to produce WITHOUT someone holding his hand.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dazza..how many times does someone have to say it..it took Lockyer TWO YEARS to perform as a half, so why can't you give Hunt the same leniency!

salivor

First Grade
dazza62 said:
Not even in the same ball park

Because you get sick of hearing how great he is when nearly everything he does in attack is set up by someone else.
If he s the great player he is made out to be he should be able to produce WITHOUT someone holding his hand.

Do you know anything about football? Just about every man on the football field bar the halfback, 5/8 and hooker are playing off and being set up by someone "holding their hand". The key objectives in a fullbacks resume is to defuse kicks, return the football, be the last line of defence and support play. A fullbacks role is not to "produce" play or be a playmaker, if he can chime in like the Hunts, Bowens and Burts of this world then that's a bonus but it's not a requirement to be a good or even great fullback.

Your logic is about as stupid as saying that Slater is a nuffy as a fullback because he's never done anything in his career without Orford or Cronk holding his hand.

Your logic is about as stupid as saying that Slater is a nuffy as a fullback because he's never done anything in his career without Orford or Cronk holding his hand.

I have seen Slater do many many brilliant things ...without help from anyone . So that arguement is out the window.
Tell me if that was cutie in SOO 2004 gathering Locky's kick..could he have done what Slater did?..Not in 3 lifetimes

lockyno1

Post Whore
And here we go again..all you care about is flashy stuff. 98% of a fullbacks job is not to be flashy. Why do you think Slater and Bowen are overlooked continuously in Origin..could it be because in rep you don't need flashy players so to speak!

Dave Q

Coach
cutie is a disgrace to the New Zealand jersey!

It seems to me, that he could play almost any position with some modicum of respectability.

Of all of the young runt next big things, cutie is the one of the few displaying signs of genuine long term elitism.

But I would prefer watching Matty Bowen play.

The term"explosive" is an understatement for this gem.

Putting all that to one side: Words cant describe how good Darren Lockyer is. It has been a privilige to witness his era.

In my eyes, not even Joey Johns could overshadow Darren Lockyer.

lockyno1 said:
And here we go again..all you care about is flashy stuff. 98% of a fullbacks job is not to be flashy. Why do you think Slater and Bowen are overlooked continuously in Origin..could it be because in rep you don't need flashy players so to speak!

Your stupidity knows no bounds.
No the flashy stuff is not all i care about .... i care about the complete package .... & this is not about Bowen,Slater or anyone else... This is about cutie stepping up to a playmaking role ,& when anyone dares question what he has done in the past to suggest he can do it the Bronco fans jump up & down `.
When asked of what he has shown(creative wise) without locky,Jt or others the same fans get all upset again.
I sincerly hope they put him in the no6..cause when he is shown up as being as creative as a turnip i will be laughing.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Top 5 top pressure players in the game:

1. Lockyer
2. Thurston
3. Smith
4. Petero
5. Hunt

These are the guys that stand up when it matters most. Check their performances in big games and rep football. They have that something special.

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
No the flashy stuff is not all i care about .... i care about the complete package .... & this is not about Bowen,Slater or anyone else... This is about cutie stepping up to a playmaking role ,& when anyone dares question what he has done in the past to suggest he can do it the Bronco fans jump up & down `.
When asked of what he has shown(creative wise) without locky,Jt or others the same fans get all upset again.
I sincerly hope they put him in the no6..cause when he is shown up as being as creative as a turnip i will be laughing.

And all anyone asks is to give Hunt time. It too Lockyer 2-3 yrs to become a good 5/8, Hunt deserves the same amount of time to become a good 5/8. These transitions do not happen overnight!

Kid Dynamite

Juniors

How can you do both of these things?

Laugh at Broncos supporters because THERE IS NO EVIDENCE that Hunt will be good at 5/8

Be so confident that Hunt will fail at 5/8 although THERE IS NO EVIDENCE.

Terrific argument.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dave Q said:
He looks "bro" to me!

Last time I looked he has been living in Australia since he was young, he is Australian, but lets not go into this, it has been done to death!