What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaufusi the man to put punch in Parra

Avenger

Immortal
Parramatta have decided desperate times call for desperate measures and have launched a massive bid to sign Melbourne's tough prop Antonio Kaufusi in a bid to give them more presence up-front.

A powerhouse 23 year old who played for Australia in 2006, Kaufusi has been an integral part of the Storm pack that has dominated all others in the past two seasons and would be a handy gain for the struggling Eels, who are being hammered in the forwards.

Source : The Mole , Rugby League Week

TheRam

Coach
Yeah with supposedly what money? It's to late, the place stinks now to all players, and the coach sucks as well. We have buckleys.

Bigfella

Coach
On the right lines.

Hope we don't pay too much given the injury issues.

Certainly the type of player we desperately need. encouraging to hear; but the source is questionable.

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Parramatta have decided desperate times call for desperate measures and have launched a massive bid to sign Melbourne's tough prop Antonio Kaufusi in a bid to give them more presence up-front.

A powerhouse 23 year old who played for Australia in 2006, Kaufusi has been an integral part of the Storm pack that has dominated all others in the past two seasons and would be a handy gain for the struggling Eels, who are being hammered in the forwards.

Source : The Mole , Rugby League Week

So what we will pay massively over what he is worth?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd love for it to happen (big Kaufusi fan).

But, and this is not a potshot at the struggling Eels, why would you leave the reigning Premiers (who will most likely see much more success with the great structure they have in place) unless you were forced out? And at 23, I doubt he's being squeezed out of Melbourne - specially with Folau leaving.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'd love for it to happen (big Kaufusi fan).

But, and this is not a potshot at the struggling Eels, why would you leave the reigning Premiers (who will most likely see much more success with the great structure they have in place) unless you were forced out? And at 23, I doubt he's being squeezed out of Melbourne - specially with Folau leaving.

He's been relegated to reserve grade at the Storm this year

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ah.

Well, I'd still take a punt - he's young, and a change of scenery might just do the trick. Worked for Paul Stringer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I really think Antonio should have a quiet chat to his manager about which club he chooses to be his bargaining tool....

oldmancraigy

Coach
IF we sign him, it better be for 50k

I'd be happy to have the guy here - even if he doesn't play, at least he has something different to offer than our current stock of props in that he's big and mobile and a tough runner of the ball (when his head is on right).

Gronk

Staff member
FMD he has played SoO and had a Kangaroo jumper in his cupboard. At 23yo he must have something to offer ??

Latest posts