What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayal Iro debut

Frenzy.

Immortal
That's what I thought as well, Frenz. I'm sure I've seen footage of him playing both sides.

Really looking forward to watching him go around this afternoon.

Played fullback for Cook Islands in rep round this year as well

Frenzy.

Immortal
It will be interesting to see where they play him…

He plays left centre normally…

I would love to see him put on the left wing, with Mulitalo switching to the right wing, where he HAS played before…

Been thinking about this. I reckon this is what happens. Defensively better balanced Sifa and Earo stronger than Ramien and Earo IMO. My only doubt on the theory is we have 2 players on the right who can produce clangers and can have a tendency to rush up.

But you wouldn't put a rookie on Joshie AC who will be a big change of an intercept off a Ramien to Ronnie ball

Ozzi_78

First Grade
See the video of him telling his parents?

I love this kid…

Sounded like dad can’t make it but same same it’s still a great day for the family.

DJDL

Bench
You had to feel for him early. An error with his first touch, spilled a bomb, and a heap of god-awful passes thrown his way. I had thoughts of a Declan Caseyesque debut there for a while.

Thankfully he acquitted himself well, though there was pharque all in the way of opportunities for him.
But he was strong coming out of our own end.
2nd highest run metres for the night is a solid effort on debut.

Good eye opener for the guy that he still needs to do a lot of hard work. Hope he recognises that.

He does have some talent.

R-15-3

Bench
Reminds me a lot of 2022 Val Holmes with his running style.
Best thing about dropping a few in his first and probably only game in 22 is he will work extra hard all off-season on his hands and high ball so it won’t be an issue going forward.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He has had no issues with his hands in the 8-10 Jets games I have seen this year. It's not a problem. I'd be surprised if it was anything more than nerves on debut. I think 2 of them were rebounding balls off grubbers where he didn't give up the ball at least. Might have been one. Whatever. Others had the same fate off Pissflap's shit grubbers that couldn't get through the line LOL

Would be wrong to brand him as being a bad handler after that.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It was pure bad luck to be honest. The very first one I have no doubt he felt like vomiting with that hit up. Nowrvous as. Did you see his video telling his parents. It meant so much to him.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
he was thrown straight into the fire. they bombarded him from kickoff. i think he handled himself well he's got a big motor and a level head
bar the nervous errors, he made almost 200 metres, 80 post contact and with 12 tackle breaks showed he's determined

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Plenty of quality players have had ordinary debuts. Showed a fair bit of resilience in the second half. As others have said... Shit balls and greasy conditions didn't help.