What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayal Iro debut

Craigshark

First Grade
Anyone remember Ronaldo’s debut? f**k thought they must have dragged the bloke out of the crowd to play.

he reminds me a lot of holmes. He’ll be fine.

Chimp

Bench
Looks and moves like Val, hands more like Pom early on…. Good debut overall - great energy!
Im sure he doesn’t really have Pom-esq penis fingers.

Shark67

Juniors
He’s too good for the reggae’s. Will only get better when he’s playing first grade. He’s not going to develop further playing reserves, just like dykesy,Trindall,Miller and the other two young forwards. Iro has more upside than Ramien.

bluefox68

Staff member
Cameron Smith (and others) have been death-riding the Sharks re: the back 5 being on the open market on Nov. 1…

Firstly, they don’t realise that Ronnie (the best of the 5) has re-signed (or is close)…

Secondly, they don’t realise who is coming through. Already Dykes and Iro have been standouts for the Jets, and Miller is looking promising…

So, even if we were to lose Ramien and Katoa, we’d be fine…

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Tracey
4. Talakai
5. Iro

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Cameron Smith (and others) have been death-riding the Sharks re: the back 5 being on the open market on Nov. 1…

Firstly, they don’t realise that Ronnie (the best of the 5) has re-signed (or is close)…

Secondly, they don’t realise who is coming through. Already Dykes and Iro have been standouts for the Jets, and Miller is looking promising…

So, even if we were to lose Ramien and Katoa, we’d be fine…

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Tracey
4. Talakai
5. Iro
Ramien is already done.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I'd be pretty happy with this for 2024

Dykes
Ronnie
Iro
Ramien
Stonestreet/Katoa (I like Katoa but not paying overs and Stonestreet is very good, or going to be)

Talakai moves to edge when Graham retires.

Dykes is the future at FB imo.

He's only been playing Centre and a bit of Fullback for the Jets. He plays left centre there, Sifas spot. I'm guessing thats why they changed Ronnie to the other side for the Dogs game.
Ok so potentially a Sifa back up player next season and maybe take his position in the future and Sifa go back to the forwards as he gets a year or two older.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The IROny of post #54 in this thread…

I feel for Kayal, he is up to play his 2nd game, and in a side that is decimated. Great for confidence of the kid.

We will give you a shot when we are desperate! Not when you can thrive but when we as a club are under the pump.

In ya go! Good luck. Crap development approach in my opinion.

DJDL

Bench
The IROny of post #54 in this thread…

I feel for Kayal, he is up to play his 2nd game, and in a side that is decimated. Great for confidence of the kid.

We will give you a shot when we are desperate! Not when you can thrive but when we as a club are under the pump.

In ya go! Good luck. Crap development approach in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree.
Poor kid's on a hiding to nothing.

Brit is back after the bye as well, so it's probably only the one match he'll get.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Wrapped for the kid albeit because of a decimated side. Could have been worse if Fitz hadn't given him a shot given the circumstances. Would have devastated the poor merkin.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am going to take the alternate view, Nikora back next week
We come out and blitz Raiders, Iro bags a couple sets up Ronaldo, he comes off field he gets compared to ET and Sludge.
Talakai goes well in forwards.
What would Fitz do then, if he sends him to Reggie's, Iro will demand out and you can't be him, this game could be very interesting