What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayo ad issues on phone

bileduct

Coach
Doing what? Freezing? Not scrolling properly? Sitting on top?

Screenshot?
Half the page will load and will then freeze until the background advertisement fully renders which takes about 10 seconds or more. During that time the page is unresponsive when clicking on links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-121658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-121658_Chrome.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 11

Bazal

Post Whore
It's completely unusable on mobile (Sony Android, Chrome)

It just locks entirely whenever you change pages, either clicking a link or going back. Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes I have to refresh the page. And often when you click a link it takes you to a page you've not clicked

I'm not actually sure which ad it is because I find that by the time I can actually use it again, the ad's gone? It does seem like the one with Finchy's head is particularly bad for it, but then sometimes it seems to happen almost at random.

Which is probably zero help but it's hard to work out when the site is frozen sorry.

bileduct

Coach
To me it seems that the background advertisement is the one causing the issue. I just reloaded this page a few times and had no issues at all. But then I noticed that the background advertisement wasn't there.

A few minutes later I reloaded the page and got the same issues I was having before. Only a portion of the page loads at first, then freezes for a while. No links work. That time the background advertisement did (eventually) appear.

Also, on the partial page loads, some of the posts that do actually appear are missing content.

I was finally able to capture a screenshot showing the partial page load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-021857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-021857_Chrome.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190913-022355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-022355_Chrome.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I’m the same on my Samsung Galaxy with google. Page freezes, can’t click on threads, or they take a long while. Can’t log in.
In saying that, no problem with the iPad or my work phone, which is a HTC with google.
As someone said above, I thought it was my phone, I truly went to the shop a little earlier to get another phone but changed my mind. Then got linked to this thread.
Glad to see it’s being looked at. I appreciate that there is a lot of work that goes into this place and thank you for all the effort that is put in.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The new wrap around ads, causes the page to load multiple times, bits at time. Backgound then reload with content, then reload for the secondary ads, then one more reload, not sure why.

Windows 10, Chrome or Firefox or IE (did that just to see)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Desktop or mobile?

I'm currently on mobile, android, firefox and scrolling is pretty good. I see Finch grinning from ear-to-ear and just scroll down.

On desktop l have an on old windows OS. l noticed some jumping but I get that on most websites and was only temporary. So I put that down to the old OS.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Samsung s9. Same issue.

Scrolls fine for me, but there's no way to tell when a link can be clicked. So if I click one and nothing happens I know that it's going to take me to a random thread once it's loaded.

Even while loading clicking does register, but where you think you're clicking isn't actually where you're clicking so while you can scroll it's not accurately reflecting where you are.

Desktop works normal without a problem for me.

Rocket man

Juniors
Huawei TAG-L22
Build number TAG-L22C567B142
CPU 8 core 1.5GHz
RAM 2.0GB
Resolution 720 × 1280
Android version 5.1
Kernel version 3.10.65

Cannot screen shot as phone takes to long to respond

Bazal

Post Whore
Ok the ad is back and the site has gone down t the shitter again. Same problems as reported before, only now it seems worse. Freezes are longer and there's more of them.

Yep.

At keast I can guarantee it's the Kayo ad this time

It took me six minutes to make this post. The site doesn't work at all for me while the Kayo ad is displayed.

It won't load at all around the ad while the NFL vid plays and then the links can't be clicked when it does load. I've had to refresh until a different ad pops up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-071422-540x960.png
    Screenshot_20190916-071422-540x960.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts