Kearney

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Far Canal, Nov 13, 2011.

1. lingard

lingard First Grade

Who would have thought - this is what it took to finally get some action. Thanks, M.E.

2. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

3. Tony Bongo

Tony Bongo Bench

I agree and who knows how things would have gone for Kearney if Hayne had been available more often. By the look of things Melbourne are missing Slater just as much.

4. lingard

lingard First Grade

Who cares, mate? Who cares? Don`t worry about who`s right or who`s wrong. It doesn`t matter anymore. This is celebration time! We just got rid of that f#cking gumby coach. Join us in the celebration. All is forgiven. It`s over. You can be the winner if you want, and we`ll bake you a cake with 'winner' on it. Just celebrate! Hard times are over!
    GO PARRAMATTA!

5. Casper The Ghost

Casper The Ghost First Grade

:lol::lol::lol:

6. The Colonel

The Colonel Immortal

I've heard some older fellas have a bit of a problem along the lines of being a little premature....... keep the powder dry old man. :lol:

7. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

Does make you wonder why the numbskulls at Origin level haven't managed to pick him at fullback yet.

It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that with Hayne at FB for Origin we would've been a massive chance since he'd be in a position where he could take the game by the scruff of the neck!

Ah well, at least that coach won't be doing Origin again next year...

8. Casper The Ghost

Meanwhile, Stephen Kearney is almost certain to move to Auckland from Sydney and into a full-time role with the New Zealand Rugby League in the coming weeks. The Kiwis coach announced on Friday his resignation from Parramatta after less than two years in the coaching hot seat. He oversaw his final game in charge last night and NZRL boss Jim Doyle confirmed yesterday that talks with Kearney about becoming a full-time employee were already at an advanced stage.

There is also a strong chance, Doyle added, that the Kiwis coach will relocate from Australia to New Zealand. ''There is a very high possibility of that,'' Doyle said of Kearney agreeing to a full-time role. ''What I would say is that in every dark cloud there is a silver lining.

''Obviously, there is not enough work there to be just a full-time coach of the Kiwis.
    ''But as we continuously grow the game, having Stephen engaging with our Kiwis and future Kiwis could only be a good thing.''

Doyle suggested that as well as coaching the national side, Kearney could be used as a mentor for the country's best coaching talent and would spend more time identifying future stars and persuading them to pull on the black jersey.

''We talked to Stephen when he was working at the Melbourne Storm … about potentially becoming a full-time member of the New Zealand Rugby League,'' Doyle said. ''I'm not talking about sitting here doing nothing until the Test matches but being someone who engages all the time.

''We will certainly - and we already have been because this is not something we are reacting to - be having discussions with Stephen,'' Doyle added.

9. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

You reckon you'll never have anything to whinge about again? :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you're right.

10. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

absolutely!!..didn't you know that we will no longer drop a ball and miss a tackle???

happy times woohoo!!!!

11. born an eel

born an eel Bench

poo poo always likes to put in a "but"
    I think it makes him feel better

12. Casper The Ghost

He intentionally leaves out the extra "t", butt, because he knows he's always talking out of his arse.
    The subliminal exposes him......

13. lingard

lingard First Grade

And you`re not happy about Kearney leaving? Give me a break. :lol:

14. lingard

lingard First Grade

Mate, we just got rid of the worst coach we`ve had (statistically) since 1960! Be happy! :)

15. lingard

lingard First Grade

'Hard times are over' might have a different meaning for me, you think? Not yet, mate. Not yet. :lol:

16. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/n...chael-hagan-kearney-never-had-right-support//

17. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Thanks Hages, hiw about you being successful. Gee some of these pundits have very short term memories, the board is there to make funds and facilities available , not cuddle the coaches.

This sort of comment has the sincerity of Cam Smith on BSB this morning, " what did I do to Mannah and others, I have no recollection of pulling or twisting his leg, I am hurt by Sterlo suggesting it". How transparent are these knobs.

18. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Agree. Stop blaming others just cos you couldn't swim in the deep end either.

19. Western_Eel

Western_Eel Juniors

I still cant believe Hagan was our coach, there was no way we would win a comp under him unless we had Andrew Johns in our team!

20. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

I always thought a board of directors was there to direct the club. To provide a vision for the club, and set short, medium and long term goals to reach that vision, then to appoint the right people to execute that vision. Admittedly, the Board only have the direct responsibility for hiring the CEO and from there they would have a say in head coach.

So the question has to be asked, are our board members setting achievable goals for our football operations that see the entire club, from the lower grades to NRL developing and improving toward the ultimate success.