What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

Eels Dude

Coach
If the running of our football operations is to be judged on the installation of escalators then someone needs to hurry up and get their finger out and separate it all properly.

It probably didn't help that when Osborne was shown the door Bob Bentley pretty much just hired himself to take over his job too combining the Leagues club CEO role with the Football Club CEO role once again. Surely there needs to be someone with football knowledge overseeing Kearney and the overall operations.

strider

Post Whore
i don't think bob bently hired himself - he was appointed to do both

which apparently only the devil would have done in the past, but suddenly became acceptable

Hurry up and sack the prick you stupid merkins!

whats the point of sacking him now? the season is almost over we might as well keep him until the end of the year and save some payout money but they should announce now that he will be terminated at the end of the season (i mean fired not killed put your hand down maroubra)

strider

Post Whore
get out clauses aren't even necessarily about players wanting to go to the coach's next gig - its just about getting out of somewhere you don't want to be

if i was a player i'd get my manager to work in whatever get out clause he can - even if you don't love the coach, you get the opportunity to bail if you aren't happy

for example - hoppa could be thinking, what a basketcase that place is, I don't care about SK but I don't wanna be there - so if he had a clause he could just bail for greener pastures

Maybe the tactic is:
a. make Kearney wear the wooden spoon himself (after just having escaped the last one at the death)
b. send Kearney packing in September, saying the Board offered him every support
c. announce a new coach in October for the next 2 years - someone at least with recognised experience
d. campaign for FC re-election on the back of this "decisiveness" through November/December

Pretty much how I have foreseen this one playing out.

The campaign may also get very nasty, how nasty? I have a feeling in my bones this is going to be a very tough couple of months and no matter who wins. . . we all lose.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The campaign may also get very nasty, how nasty? I have a feeling in my bones this is going to be a very tough couple of months and no matter who wins. . . we all lose.

Sounds like everything else Eels fans are involved with.

Eels Dude

Coach
get out clauses aren't even necessarily about players wanting to go to the coach's next gig - its just about getting out of somewhere you don't want to be

if i was a player i'd get my manager to work in whatever get out clause he can - even if you don't love the coach, you get the opportunity to bail if you aren't happy

for example - hoppa could be thinking, what a basketcase that place is, I don't care about SK but I don't wanna be there - so if he had a clause he could just bail for greener pastures

I don't think clubs would be agreeing to contracts where the player had a get out clause where they can leave whenever they like just because they have a change of heart.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think clubs would be agreeing to contracts where the player had a get out clause where they can leave whenever they like just because they have a change of heart.

It's always disguised as something else - usually a change of coach clause, or something else that indicates instability at the club.

strider

Post Whore

i never said that

It's always disguised as something else - usually a change of coach clause, or something else that indicates instability at the club.

what pou said ..... u just use it to your advantage - you don't have to love the coach (or whatever the clause says) - but if the clause happens, you can use it

bartman

Immortal

Ah. Kind of how the two years since the last elections have turned out, it seems.

Noise

Coach
I keep thinking back to the meeting my brother had with Sk towards the end of last year. They were both on the same flight home following the 4 nations tournament. My brother said hi and that he was a parra fan. Kearney made mention of it being a tough year but then offered "don't worry we'l come good next year"

I'm glad we came good

Latest posts