What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy or Mason?

Kilkenny

Coach
Kennedy without a doubt.

His ability to single handedly lift a side through his drive, determination and commitment is second to none.

He is an amazing footballer who get's better with age, injuries notwithstanding.

Manly have done amazingly well recruiting the likes of Orford, Bell, Kite, and now Jamie Lyon but I feel they will not be half the side unless they resign BK for at least one more year.

petetheileet

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
Mason on his day is the best forward in the world, but I'd prefer BK.. His ability to lift his team-mates is just second to none and he's very consistent

i dont think he is that consistent...there is an optimum level of arousal known as the inverted 'U' where ones arousal at its peak can lift team-mates...while if it goes past this point (yelling and screaming at team-mates and ref's) it can have a negative effect on the group.

quinnm2006

Juniors
Mason has too much size....penash....hair....and footalling loyalty than BK who simply floats between clubs before leaving for the dollars. Mason will be a bulldog for, you heard it hear first

***MH***

Bench
From most of the responses here so far, some people would interpret the question as a popularity contest rather than an abilty of skill that these players possess....

Lets put the question in another perspective....
Who wouldn't you want to go up against in the lead up to the finals, BK or Mason?

Danish

Referee
I'll take Mason.

The odds of Kennedy ever supplying you with a quick play the ball on the attack are zero given his perchant for whinging to both touch judges and the referee each time he is tackled.

CharlieF

Juniors
Danish said:
I'll take Mason.

The odds of Kennedy ever supplying you with a quick play the ball on the attack are zero given his perchant for whinging to both touch judges and the referee each time he is tackled.

Kennedy would normally have at least 3 tacklers on him at any give time. Quick play the balls are not his forte at the best of times. But he makes up for it by carrying the 3 defenders and offloading or be in a position to offload 99% of the time.

Ben Kennedy for the remainder of this season. Although Mason has plenty of time to go. But you have to give credit where credit is due, Mason has definately improved on and off the field this season and good luck to him!

Danish

Referee
CharlieF said:
Kennedy would normally have at least 3 tacklers on him at any give time. Quick play the balls are not his forte at the best of times. But he makes up for it by carrying the 3 defenders and offloading or be in a position to offload 99% of the time.

Kennedy is but a few games away from being sin binned for dissent. He is going to cost Manly a game very soon.......

Mason, on the other hand, doesn't have an ounce of whinge in him. In fact he must have an excellent relationship with refs. He is consistently 2-3m offside every play on the dogs line and never gets pinged.

I'll still take Mason any day of the week. Even more so on Mad Monday (he's got the sweet hook ups ;-) )

domdom

Juniors
as its BK's last season, i'd go with him. just for the fact that you would need a shotgun to keep the guy off the field.