What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin is a Knight

Pumba

First Grade
Kevin is a Knight

YOUNG Fiji Bati fullback Kevin Naiqama has secured a contract with Newcastle Knights to play in Australia's National Rugby League (NRL) competition next year.

Newcastle Knights administrator Amanda Keyes yesterday confirmed the 20-year-old, who made his international debut against Cook Islands on Saturday had a contract with the club for the 2010 season.

Speaking from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea yesterday, Kevin said he had signed the contract prior to coming home for the Fiji Bati trials.

"I'm looking forward to our first training which is on Wednesday," he said.

"Playing in the NRL will be good with heaps more to learn."

Just like in the Fiji Bati colours, Kevin will feature alongside his elder Wes and Bati pace-ace Akuila Uate for the Knights.

"It will be a big step up and I'm up for the challenge," Kevin said.

Fiji Bati coach Terry Gilogley said it was great news for the team ahead of Saturday's test against Tonga.

"Kevin is a Fijian superstar of the future.

"In the game against Cook Islands, him and Akuila Uate were two of our best performers," Gilogley said.

Kevin said the Fiji Bati was looking good for a win over Tonga on Saturday.

"Everything is good so far, we've finished with another training session and we'll see what happens on Saturday," he said.

Fiji Times

Yosh

Coach
Is he a better option at fullback than Macdonnel? Crap forgot if thats the name of the dude... You know the small guy? Is Kevin a better option when/if Kurts on rep duty or still no where near?

Big Tim

First Grade
Is he a better option at fullback than Macdonnel? Crap forgot if thats the name of the dude... You know the small guy? Is Kevin a better option when/if Kurts on rep duty or still no where near?

Talk about Rogers being rocks or diamonds, this bloke is far worse than that........

Smith Machine

Juniors
I have never seen this guy play but have heard he is a similar player to shannon walker. He is the player that the titans have who is a speed machine but injuries have hampered his progress and i think is playing with his head too. If he is like shannon he will be a good player

macavity

Referee
Newcastle Knights administrator Amanda Keyes

im pretty sure she is the receptionist.

Kevin is an interesting signing. his Naiqama hands are nearly as bad as his brother's - but he is probably the best broken field runner we have ever had.

roopy

Referee
im pretty sure she is the receptionist.

Kevin is an interesting signing. his Naiqama hands are nearly as bad as his brother's - but he is probably the best broken field runner we have ever had.
He is Uate's mini me.

Latest posts