What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Locke Rumor

Marchad

Juniors
One week good next two shite that is in the reggies. If Mills ever makes the origin team I will go bare back on a aids victim.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I'm not sold on Locke. I heard James Roberts is getting itchy feet at the mountains. I know we nearly got him for this season and I really think he has something we don't have at the club...speed

Card Shark

Immortal
I cannot BELIEVE Broncos signed him! Bennett would never have allowed it!

Yes he would've. Bennett would've turned him into a first grader.

So perhaps our 3 most promising juniors all gone....whose fault is it that they haven't been good enough to play more first grade?

cb4

First Grade
I'm not sold on Locke. I heard James Roberts is getting itchy feet at the mountains. I know we nearly got him for this season and I really think he has something we don't have at the club...speed

I'm sure James just re-signed.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

So perhaps our 3 most promising juniors all gone....whose fault is it that they haven't been good enough to play more first grade?
Bennet needs 3 centres at newcastle. Obviously wasnt interested.

One Warrior

Bench
Sorry guys looks like Kevin Locke definitely staying with us next year and possibly beyond, here is confirmation.

NRL: Kevin Locke staying with Warriors
By Michael Brown @Lionsden08
7:05 PM Tuesday Oct 15, 2013 ✩Save

Fullback Kevin Locke is remaining with the Warriors next season and the club are also hoping Jerome Ropati signs on for another year after offering the centre a new deal.

Locke, who still has one year left on his present contract as well as an option for a further year, had been linked with a move away from Mt Smart Stadium after the club secured England fullback Sam Tomkins.

A handful of NRL clubs showed interest, including the Bulldogs, but nothing has eventuated and the Warriors have agreed with Locke that he will return in 2014. They wanted the matter resolved before the 24-year-old left with the Kiwis for the upcoming World Cup - the New Zealand team flew out of Sydney on Monday.

"We have told him that he's highly valued and want him to stay and he said he would love to stay,'' Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said. "It's been our intention to see him stay and compete for a first-grade spot next year.

"Kevin has consistently said he wants to stay and we have consistently said we want him to stay and that's where we have got to.''

Locke will provide backup at fullback, along with Glen Fisiiahi, and is interested in a move to the halves where he played his junior football.

It's an increasingly congested picture there, however, with the impending arrival of Chad Townsend from Cronulla alongside Shaun Johnson and Thomas Leuluai.

Locke could also play on the wing, where he has played at NRL level before, or as a utility off the interchange bench.

Ropati will be offered a one-year deal to extend his Warriors career into an 11th season. The 28-year-old has had a wretched time with injuries over the past three years, playing only 15 games, so it's expected he will be offered a vastly reduced contract from his last deal.

"It's our desire to keep Jerome,'' Scurrah said. "Everyone would acknowledge that he's had an injury-interrupted last period with us but we still think he's a more than capable player. He ticks all the boxes off the field so we would love him to have another chance at the club next year.''

The Warriors have freed up some room in the salary cap following the release of both Russell Packer and Todd Lowrie, who this week signed with the Broncos, and are on the lookout for centres and back-rowers for next season.

- APNZ

By Michael Brown
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11140583

Special K

Coach
James Roberts would have spent the season in first grade for us.. Still puzzled on why he went to the panthers. Must of offered him a real shit deal

webShark

Would like Roberts. Not getting either. But Snoop one thing Locke has is speed. For that alone ,I would have liked him. Can't see Flanno trying Locke as a half and he would have made an expensive winger. At least we didn't get Vidot.

Make a play for Brenko Lee. Raiders stacked with backs. He is 17 , looks about 40 and maybe the next Vatuvei. Hopefully without the errors.

bluefox1968

Juniors

You reckon? If you used that logic, then he should've kept Taufua and de Gois at Newcastle and turned THEM into first graders.

Bennett has tapped many players on the shoulders over the years (incl. Neville Costigan 3 times)...

Pig Champion

Juniors
It would be nice to have at least one junior on the books. One who could play.

Wait 'til that Yarrawarra side your boys play against get to grading age. They win everything like Mills and Townsends teams did. Maybe that's a problem, you learn more from a loss than a win, except that doesn't apply to the sharks.

There are plenty of good juniors in the shire, plenty of dud coaches, plenty of other options for kids as they get into their teens.

I remember the teams with plenty of local juniors, not all good, but the good and great ones helped the others rise to the occasion, almost. But more almost than our the later imorted models have.

Since 73

First Grade
Be a good battle if he lines up against Pom.

Be a friggin slapstick routine for the whole 70 minutes.