What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Locke Rumor

webShark

Agree.

Bad move for Mills.

Lucky to crack a spot even with Hodges injured. Behind Reed for sure. Qld Cup feeder player. It they get Barba and Milford , even Hoffman may budge to the centres. Corey Oates better too.

Got English parentage , so Super League a better option.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
I don't get the Mills hate, yet people on here want Stapo in firsts.

Mills was over hyped to early, and as a result, the fans turned on him.

He played 2 games in the centres this year and showed he is worth persisting with, yet Pomeroy is gifted games because he is Gals mate.

I hope Mills goes to the Broncos and succeeds, he would take Maranta's wing spot in a heart beat.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I agree no Mills hate here, he played NSW Cup and was in the team of the year. You can only play what is in front of you.

Young centres always take time for thier defence to improve. Mills improved this year in defence quite a bit.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
The only time Mills was horrible this year was when Flanno dumped him at fullback in a game which we won. Its sad to see him go, because he is one of local juniors. Chad too. I honestly think Mills is worth keeping, but it wont happen.

ghoti

Bench
Agree that Mills is worth holding onto for depth, but if Ferguson comes, our centre stocks are then: Ferguson, J Wright, Leutele, Pomeroy, possibly Feki and possibly Kevin Locke...Mills is in the bottom half of that list.

Similar situation at Brisbane, but you could understand why he might choose to leave if Brisbane blow smoke up his arse

RUBIKS

Juniors
I've said it elsewhere, I think it was to backup Carch.

Mills is worth persisting with but he's hopeless under the high ball. So centre it is. Which, unfortunately I think his papers have been stamped as a no go with Flanno.

webShark

The only time Mills was horrible this year was when Flanno dumped him at fullback in a game which we won. Its sad to see him go, because he is one of local juniors. Chad too. I honestly think Mills is worth keeping, but it wont happen.

Correct.

Shame his spell at FB lost him all credibility. I am pro local juniors but that was like watching Albert Kelly at FB. I think injuries stuffed Mills. 2 season ending ones at 19/20. Now he is just a centre in the Jono Wright mould. Not a huge fan of Jono but better than Mills. Plus we have already signed Stapo who can do the job Mills can. I don't think Mills is a first grader but I was no fan of Limmo either. Hope Mills gets a start and does well elsewhere.

Iafeta

Referee
According to Locke's agent in an article the other day, the Warriors told him he won't be granted a release for 2014.

cb4

First Grade
We said the same thing the day before we released Jez.

If it happens it happens. Would much prefer Fergo, as he is needed more than Locke.

Marchad

Juniors
Mills has the skills to be a very good centre but he is psychologically weak. Like in the NSW cup grand final after he had that cheap shot put on him he had a shocker. Mills biggest problem is what is in between his ears. There is also no room for Mills in our NSW cup side next year with The Pom and Johno Wright will be playing NSW cup next year.

It would be good to see how Feki goes in the centres next year he seems a little lost on the wing sometimes and doesn't have the speed to be a winger. He also is suspect on the high ball.

We need a winger preferably a big fast black one with good hands and that is not injury prone.