What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Performance Indicators

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Discipline - outstanding tonight. To anyone who was able to watch on FOX they would of noticed that every time Bean called for movement, they moved. They looked mentally strong in that they didn't give up on anything. Even at the end when the Cows looked like getting a consolation try the Sharks came out of the woodwork to ensure they didn't.

Commitment - to each other and to their jobs looked to be outstanding from a lounge chair.

Enthusiasm - you only have to look at the chasing team tonight. Brought back memories of the ET led chases on EVERY kick. Once they got there the web was formed and there was no way out. It also showed in their keeness to get in and have a dig. The scrambling in defence can only happen if all the KPI are in place.

Skills - considering it was a bit wet the skills were exceptional. Not many errors made. Techniques in defence were generally good. Passing was good.

Obviously the best game of the season. They've moved the bar a bit higher for themselves now. Can they maintain the rage?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
All this despite the piss poor rotation of that bench.

Gallen and Thomo are awesome.

Inferno

Coach
I was glad we were able to grind out the win, something we weren't able to do in the past. Last year if the game wasn't played the way we wanted it to we wiltered.

Bench was definately sh*te.

coolumsharkie

Referee
And Bird and and Williams.

Seriously we have the best backrow combo I've seen at the Sharks for a very long time!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Williams has a problem with his option taking and reads in attack. He missed getting the ball to Albert and he missed an 8 man overlap. He played well technically. Ran hard and tackled well, but geez his awareness was off tonight.

Bird was again good.

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Discipline - outstanding tonight. To anyone who was able to watch on FOX they would of noticed that every time Bean called for movement, they moved. They looked mentally strong in that they didn't give up on anything. Even at the end when the Cows looked like getting a consolation try the Sharks came out of the woodwork to ensure they didn't.

Commitment - to each other and to their jobs looked to be outstanding from a lounge chair.

Enthusiasm - you only have to look at the chasing team tonight. Brought back memories of the ET led chases on EVERY kick. Once they got there the web was formed and there was no way out. It also showed in their keeness to get in and have a dig. The scrambling in defence can only happen if all the KPI are in place.

Skills - considering it was a bit wet the skills were exceptional. Not many errors made. Techniques in defence were generally good. Passing was good.

Obviously the best game of the season. They've moved the bar a bit higher for themselves now. Can they maintain the rage?

Fluffy! :p

Frenzy.

Post Whore
chili pepper said:

Hardly.

Take note of the question at the end.

As I sadi, they've upped the bar now. If they are to be a force this will just be a stepping stone. Hopefully it's not as good as it gets. It still could pan out like that.

Big game next week against the Sea Eagles.

fatshark

Bench
All this despite the piss poor rotation of that bench.
Absolutely. I thought the first interchange was 2 minutes to late. Any other team on their day would have put 20 on us. Scott came into the game too late.

Interchange bench needs to be looked at, that is our big weakness.

With Hutch,Hilder,Williams & Scott, that combo doesnt work.

Williams yes, he is now a 80 minute player coming off bench, the backrow we have are 80 min players, so he can either give one of them a short breather, or rotate with Douglas.

Hutch Still not sure Raper knows how to use him off bench, he seems to be the rotating prop with Stosic, but doesnt give the same in defence, Hutch if going to be used is needed for 10 min stints only.

Hilder Basically he is being held till 2nd half when Kingston is starting to feel pinch, he dosent offer same, go forward as Kingston, i would say basically when Dykes is back, Kearney will replace Hilder on bench.

Scott off bench, is there to cover injures to backs, then given some time in 2nd half.

Wouldnt mind to see this forward rotation mins approx

20 mins Hutch on Stosic Off
25 mins Williams on Douglas Off
30 mins Douglas On Hutch Off
50 mins Hutch On Douglas Off
60 mins Stosic on Hutch Off
60 mins Douglas on either Williams/Bird/Gallen or Thompson off
70 mins the one of quartet that went off on Stosic Off

That still leave 5 interchanges, at no stage do you have Stosic & Hutch on field at same time, nor does hutch play more then 10 min at a time

Gives Douglas near 60 mins, which may have to slighty tinkered, but he is good enough to do it

Surely

Post Whore
Just remind me, how many points did the cows score in the 2nd half, oh hang on thats right the interchange bench isn't working !!!

Inferno

Coach
so using your logic then because they did score in the first half that means it wasn't working then, but then was working in the second half because we kept them scoreless?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
so using your logic then because they did score in the first half that means it wasn't working then, but then was working in the second half because we kept them scoreless?

Well Inf as the game panned out I'd have to say it did work like that to an extent. We had 10 interchanges left starting the second half. That' s a big advantage to have. Means just about everytime someone starts to blow a bit he can be hauled off.

This is an extremely fit football team by the look at it. Although the Cows weren't exactly red hot we were still able to get to halftime, with a lead, after only 2 interchanges. I'm starting to see reason in Raper's thinking. This is all preparation for semi final time. His bench use could well be the innovation I have always claimed he lacks. Nearly all of our forwards, bar the props, have played 80 minute games. Imagine going into semis with half a dozen forwards conditioned to playing 80 minutes? HUGE advantage.

If we don't peak too soon and come through the inevitable mini slump we will probably have the team is looking good. Especially with Dykes to come back and Ross possibly to get back by the semis.

Latest posts