What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KFC Big Bash Twenty20 Final - NSW v Victorians

Winner?

• NSW

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Victorians

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Tie/No Result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
should really be NSW C vs Victorians

atleast there will be no excuses coming from our end but the Victorians have already lined their's up

aussies1st

Staff member
I was liking Henriques at the top but hell I'll take this. We always find a way to screw Victoria over in a Finals :)

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
im from NSW and i do have a problem with this. i think its fair enough to bring people in from overseas, but to recruit them this late in the series? come on

but at the same time McCullum harly makes up for half the team being injured or on international duties

willvillain

Juniors
Dan Smith won't be dropped, his batting has been too important. They'll drop some neville batsman and get McCullum or Smith to field at fine leg.

As for McCullum, I reckon it's great - he's a gun. Also gives the game some publicity, and will ensure the match has a few stories in the newspapers...but what would the odds be on him getting clean-bowled by Nannes in the first over?

Also interested to see El Diablo's thoughts on this one! Poor bloke must be spinning around right now.... a Kiwi playing for the Blues!

given the likes of clarke, clark, haddin won't be able to play in the champions league i'd say this is more for that competition than the final here

eddiesmith

Juniors
Why wont they? Last years CL got moved around so much because they had to have a break in the International calendar as the IPL sides need all their International superstars to be competitive, so isnt this years during a break as well? Would be hilarious if after screwing up last years they changed their mind for this one, poor WA

eddiesmith

Juniors
because if they haven't played they can't play and they haven't played have they?
I dont see why not, they are apart of the NSW squad during the tournament

You cant sign a player after the big bash and then use them in the CL unless you have lost a player to another side

For example if Warner's IPL side won and then he represents the IPL side, from what was said last year NSW could recruit someone from outside their squad to replace him. Last year Murali was looking for a side but the Vics couldnt have him because we hadnt lost anyone

But if no players are lost then a player who joined NSW after the Big Bash is unavailable, but those currently in the squad should still be eligible for the CL

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Hope it'll be a cracker. It'll eb interesting to see what (if any) impact Brendon McCullum will have. Also wonder what sort of crowd they'll get. Being the Olympic Stadium it'll probably look smaller than it actuall is.