What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Bulldogs Rd 18 2024

Bunker costs us a game again.
Storm try taken off us with no proof.
No call on high shot and late on our kicker in front of post!
Sure there is another 1 I have forgotten.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
As gutting as that is, we were never in this game. It was scripted for the Dogs fairy tale.

Congratulations to the NRL script writers you penned another Sydney epic.

JJ

Immortal
Tough one…

Burton is such a good talent, Penrith are astonishing in what they’re doing and the talent they’ve had to let go in recent years.

Dogs on the way up, but both a long way from the best 3-4 teams

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Bulldogs were absolute dogshit today, let’s be clear. In no way did they suggest that they were a good team.
Yep, tbh it was one of the worst attacking games I have seen in the NRL era, the halves on both sides were awful

Dogs have the smallest pack in the NRL, Warriors pack is strong, and the outside backs of the Warriors are absolutely shot. Yet Sexton just kept rumbling it up the middle relentlessly, and never tested the edge. With Capewell out wide they should have been trying kicks in behind the line for Crichton to chase. They barely used him in attack today

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep, tbh it was one of the worst attacking games I have seen in the NRL era, the halves on both sides were awful

Dogs have the smallest pack in the NRL, Warriors pack is strong, and the outside backs of the Warriors are absolutely shot. Yet Sexton just kept rumbling it up the middle relentlessly, and never tested the edge. With Capewell out wide they should have been trying kicks in behind the line for Crichton to chase. They barely used him in attack today
Pretty sure it was wetter than it looked on the tv, but still, the Dogs in particular were pretty unadventurous. Us I can forgive given the injury situation, though I’ll say it again, we missed SJs kicking game in that second half.

sup42

Juniors
Talk about a timely bye. For us fans too. Need a break from the stress of the NRL dodge carry ons.

The situation is that we will be doing well to make the eight. All aboard. I said at the start of the year that I would call and eighth place finish a good outcome. The priority has to be to stop missing finals and string appearances in a row.

At least our team is playing with guts and Mana again.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So many other thoughts out of last night's game. I don't remember a game where I was that gutted at the end. I was begging for it to be a draw because that's all anyone deserved.

There was a lot of heart to play on with our back 3 gone, one on the bench etc. A lot of guys emptied the tank and we're lucky we have a bye, that would be hard to physically and mentally back up from.

And I've never been someone who's really had any interest in blaming refs for defeats, and certainly I've never ever suggested there is a week to week agenda on who wins and who doesn't. But either Adam Gee is shit at his job, or he completely ignored the most blatantly obvious high contact for more nefarious reasons. That is so hard to take

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Don’t attack the messenger here lads, but this is what I suspect Analsleeve will come out with tomorrow morning

Bunker can only intervene if it is an incident that could be put on report, and the collision was a head clash, so they don’t have any grounds to intervene. I see the weak gutted dogs jaw is broken in 2 places

Latest posts