What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KFC Big Bash Twenty20 Final - NSW v Victorians

Winner?

• NSW

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Victorians

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Tie/No Result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussies1st

Staff member
BTW just on the qualification, Matthew Wade was in the Victorian squad for India despite never playing for us beforehand, but he was in the Victorian squad during the tournament as are those internationals so all should be eligible, it only means you cant sign someone afterwards and use them unless you lost a player to another franchise

Lol the rules are so iffy no one gets them. I've given up on trying to figure them out cause everyone tells me different rules.

BTW just on the qualification, Matthew Wade was in the Victorian squad for India despite never playing for us beforehand, but he was in the Victorian squad during the tournament as are those internationals so all should be eligible, it only means you cant sign someone afterwards and use them unless you lost a player to another franchise

on foxsports news the other day they when it was announced mccullum would be playing they said you had to have played atleast one game in the series -including the final- to qualify for the CL which is why players like haddin and clarke won't be able to play because they haven't played a game :?

wade will play because he played atleast once

willvillain

Juniors
I think Eddie is saying that Wade was in the squad for the last tournament (ie the one that never got off the ground), depsite not playing in the Big Bash last year.

The rules are too much for me though. I don't get it.

Third Umpire ... Paul Reiffel

the home team couldn't even get the third umpire

can i ask you what was going through your mind when that Victorian fell over in the deep and rolled over the ball that went for four? ended up costing you the game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't change the team too much for the IPL

the baby blues won the gf and guys like Clarke, Lee, Haddin ect have had bugger all 20/20 experience

eddiesmith

Juniors
on foxsports news the other day they when it was announced mccullum would be playing they said you had to have played atleast one game in the series -including the final- to qualify for the CL which is why players like haddin and clarke won't be able to play because they haven't played a game :?

wade will play because he played atleast once

McCullum has never played for NSW before though so that would be why he would have to qualify but as someone else said, I meant last year with Wade before he had played for us, Finch I think was also there having yet played a T20 game

Really it would be a bit hard to limit to just those who played it, some teams might go through the tournament never changing their batting lineup. The tournament is so quick plenty can miss with injury. But I'm pretty confident any current member of the NSW or VIC squad at time of qualification is eligible. Although as another person said, not sure how much change you would want to make to the team who actually won as they are possibly better T20 players than the Internationals missing, although Lee would most likely have to go as he can be a great weapon

I think Eddie is saying that Wade was in the squad for the last tournament (ie the one that never got off the ground), depsite not playing in the Big Bash last year.

The rules are too much for me though. I don't get it.

Lol the rules are so iffy no one gets them. I've given up on trying to figure them out cause everyone tells me different rules.

Yep, i dont think anyone outside the BCCI completely understand the rules, they just write the rules that IPL sides get everything, who cares about the rest :lol:

Last year when harbi tried to join us Victoria said no but they werent even sure of the rules, but believed they could recruit outside the squad if they lost someone but we hadnt

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
Well if you added Clarke, Haddin, Lee the team would be near undefetable

Warner
Hughes
McCullen
Clarke (2 overs)
Haddin (wk)
Katich (captain)
Henriques (3Overs)
S.Smith (3overs)
Lee (4 overs)
Bracken (4 Overs)
Bollinger (4 overs)

McCullen, Warner, Clarke, Haddin and Henriques could just simply smash and get close to 12 runs an over for the 20 overs. Guys like Hughes and Katich can rotate the strike and let the stroke makers get the jobs done.

dubopov

Coach
Well if you added Clarke, Haddin, Lee the team would be near undefetable

Warner
Hughes
McCullen
Clarke (2 overs)
Haddin (wk)
Katich (captain)
Henriques (3Overs)
S.Smith (3overs)
Lee (4 overs)
Bracken (4 Overs)
Bollinger (4 overs)

with that bowling attack they'd be chasing 200+ .. Lee would be caned for 50 or so for starters.

McCullen, Warner, Clarke, Haddin and Henriques could just simply smash and get close to 12 runs an over for the 20 overs. Guys like Hughes and Katich can rotate the strike and let the stroke makers get the jobs done.

Latest posts