What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidley

Super Sub

Juniors
Can I just say...

WHAT A RIP!!!!

Our best player, who has been by far the best player in the comp so far gets 10 minutes in his first origin game and dislocates his shoulder. No other injuries in the NSW camp except for Mason, but he went back on anyway...

WHY!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!????????????

Why doesn't Tighe or Perry get injured??? The players that do very little week in week out!!!

But no Gidley who deserved to be playing origin more than anyone else cops it!!!

What's worse is that this could affect his whole ORIGIN career!!! Robbie Farah will get selected for game 2 now and Gidley probably won't get another shot till next year! And that is IF he is able to get the same kind of form on the board!!! Plus if NSW win the series with someone else in Kidley's position then he will have to work doubly as hard to get it back!!!

FATE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

Bench
Damn that really does suck. I was hoping it only popped out and straight back in. That would be one to two weeks. But if he has been rushed to hospital its something serious. And to think everything was starting to fall into place.

Dutchy

Immortal
Murray is a cockstain

Gidley should have been on after 25mins with Anasta moving to lock and Gidley at 6

Bad news..really bad...top player...1 of my favs

Frederick

Staff member
Just found an article on FOXSPORTS from yesterday, and here's a snippet
He is likely to come off the interchange bench midway through the first half replacing Buderus or slotting somewhere into the Blues backline.

Buderus expected Gidley to mainly chime in at hooker to give him a well-earned break.

“I don’t think you can play a quality game of Origin for 80 minutes but we’ve got Kurt Gidley there that can up the tempo,” Buderus said.

“Who knows how the game is going to pan out. We might tackle for the first 10 minutes and be spent so he (Gidley) might come on after 20 minutes.”

Murray also kept Gidley’s options open.

“Maybe a bit of hooker, certainly it wouldn’t surprise if he turns up at the backs but I’m not sure how much time he’ll get either,'' he said.

“I’ve spoken to Danny about it. He’s aware that Kurt may come on at hooker, depending how he feels.

“He (Buderus) will make the call.”
LINK
Could Bedsy be the real villain here? :|

Matt23

Staff member
Hopefully he's not gone for the season, or it could be BIHK hunting season.

shane1970

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
So Tighe might actually do something in a game? Stone the crows!
We'll have to score first for him to be the goalkicker.
Very, very worried. Arguably the Worlds current greatest player up against a 'rookie' in a pivotal position. A side now without it's most potent attacking weapon, along with a couple of other things doesn't mix well for mine. I have a BAD feeling for this weekend.

B-dos

Referee
i heard Mullen on the radio this morning saying Gidley did his AC joint and he should only be out for 3 to 4 weeks.

Not the best result but far better than the worst case scenario.

Not great but not catastrophic either.

Unlucky, he was used so wrong it was disgusting he really only should have come on in the back of each half with tiring forwards @ lock.

PrideKnight

Bench
Frederick said:
Just found an article on FOXSPORTS from yesterday, and here's a snippet
LINK
Could Bedsy be the real villain here? :|

Freddy, i read that to say that Bedsy would have the call if he was to go on at hooker (i.e. "i wanna come off, i'm buggered", but murray still would have been able to put him on elsewhere.

Great news if it is only the AC

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It says what now :|

Please tell me I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing :(

The signing of Cooper Vuna should ease all the pain. By all accounts this kid is something very special. The thought of him and Uate on the wings will be nothing short of a try fest in years to come. Oh yeah and Brad Tighe is not a first grader, or at least not yet. What a flop! Graham Murray is a good coach but he needs to overhaul the side for game 2. Anasta played very well it must be said. Probably our best along with bedsy. I think Jarrod is as good as gone for game 2 though. Terrible kicking game last night. Kimmorely will get his second chance and frankly he deserves it. He is playing quite well for cronulla.

B-dos

Referee
Newie is God's Country said:
I think Jarrod is as good as gone for game 2 though. Terrible kicking game last night. Kimmorely will get his second chance and frankly he deserves it. He is playing quite well for cronulla.

dropping Mullen now would be absolutely ridiculous. Sure he didnt set the world on fire but thats hardly a reason to drop him.

It was his first game of Origin. at Suncorp. Behind a beaten pack (2nd half moreso than the 1st, admittedly). His kicking game was substandard but that can be forgiven. To drop him now would be the worst thing to do to the kid. I honeslty cant remember but i doubt Johns played a blinder in his first orign game?

Mullen was under massive pressure all week. He will be so much better off for his first game and playing back at Telstra in game two i can see him improve 100%.

Jono078

Referee
If Gidley is out for the season...

That's just bullsh*t.

Our backline had nothing before the season, then Gidley came and stood up and made us look good.

Sure weve got Vuna now, but to expect him to be a Gidley would be insane.

Gidley was the perfect player for us, he done everything, Fullback, Hooker, halfback etc.

Just as things were looking up and we might shake the comp, not looking great :(

[furrycat]

Coach
Of course it could possibly be the season. If he has broken a bone in his shoulder or torn ligaments/cartlidge, then thats it as it needs to be reconstructed. Take a look at Benji for example.

If he has just damaged ligaments or his AC, he'll sit out a few weeks and be back in no time. But its just a matter of waiting for scans.

Jono078

Referee
Hmm, if we can win a few games until he comes back, we will be looking good to make teh 8.

Either way, good news it's not the season, let's hope he can recover asap.

General Knight

Juniors
Innconu said:
Fox Sports confirming that it is a grade 3 AC injury adn should be only several weeks.

Link Foxsports Report 120PM http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21786373-23214,00.html

Phew thats a relief. On the Mullen issue, I wouldnt mind seeing him pushed to No. 6 with Kimmorly brought in at 7 and Anasta pushed to Lock. This should give NSW some experience in the halves and extra kicking options with Anasta at Lock.

Latest posts