What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killer instinct

gregstar

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Saint...

If there was no such thing as origin then yes, they should have won the comp the last 10 yrs. However we have origin and that hampers the Broncos in the back end of the yr.
If you cant see that then, like Willow, you are BLIND.
Hopefully this yr, with less players chosen than ever before and Webcke not playing, that it will see the Broncos thru to October.
origin wasn't a problem in 92, 93, 98 & 00 was it

Dragonheart

Juniors
Eric1/2B said:
You're a bit pessamistic Saint60.

Give Penrith some credit for the first half as they played very well defensively. To the Dragons credit, they were quite controlled and patient even though they couldn't get the points. It was the control and patience of the first half that helped us to score plenty in the second half when Penrith tired from their defensive efforts.

Dragons controlled the game and we won well. The good thing there is plenty of improvement left.

Couldn't have said it better......spot on!

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
A lot of chronic gamblers will say that.
"Its a sure thing"
"I'm in front."
:lol:
As for the rest of your post(s), I gotta love how your opinion here is the only one that counts.

why do you have a problem with me betting? I dont have a problem and i can afford to gamble. Go crawl back under your rock.
When did i say my opinion is the only one that counts? This is a forum where people debate topics...i state my case, you (and whoever else) state yours.
And you call yourself an Admin on here :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
origin wasn't a problem in 92, 93, 98 & 00 was it

law of averages will say the broncos will win comps with the talent they have...but they wont win every yr. Salary cap and injuries will dictate that.
Look at the dogs. Most people said they would win again this yr, but look at the injuries that have smashed that club.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
why do you have a problem with me betting?
Where did I say I have a problem with you betting? I'm merely observing that you have all the hallmarks of a mug punter.
Charlie Saab said:
When did i say my opinion is the only one that counts?
Just call it another observation. If someone doesnt agree with you, then according to you, they are BLIND. You dont like opposing views Chuck.
Charlie Saab said:
And you call yourself an Admin on here :lol:
A very childish prejudice Charlie... even for you.
You're a gimp but but you dont see me bringing it up to try and win an argument.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
Where did I say I have a problem with you betting? I'm merely observing that you have all the hallmarks of a mug punter.
Just call it another observation. If someone doesnt agree with you, then according to you, they are BLIND. You dont like opposing views Chuck.
A very childish prejudice Charlie... even for you.
You're a gimp but but you dont see me bringing it up to try and win an argument.

mug punter...whatever you want to believe willow. :rolleyes:
I dont say everyone is blind, just you in this instance as you want to sugercoat the last 3 wins of the dragons. The way you talked it was as though the Rabbits and tigers were a "premiership contenders" and that the dragons were no sure things to beat them...i mean please Willow.
I will say that too when the Broncos play the Rabbits...who bythe way will be backing up after origin next sat avo. Even with the 5 players backing up (i dont think all 5 will anyway) the Broncos are SURE things to beat the Rabbits.
Gregstar said that the Dragons last few wins have been against "Weaker" oppositon...you have not seen him bag me for what i have said about the wins.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
The way you talked it was as though the Rabbits and tigers were a "premiership contenders"
Where have I said this Charlie? Stick the facts, telling lies doesnt support you well.
Charlie Saab said:
and that the dragons were no sure things to beat them...i mean please Willow.
Still embellishing the facts? Of course there's no such thing as a 'sure thing' - its not that hard to understand.

I said the only match Saints were "expected to win" was against Souths. You on the other hand think they were "sure things" for the last 3 matches. One can only wonder what tune you'd be singing if Saints dropped one of those matches.

Tell me Charlie, before the Broncos played the Storm, say I gave the Broncos a 20 point head start... would you take up the bet? Given that you're a mug, I reckon you would.
Ever heard of upsets? The betting industry thrives on people like you.

The botton line is that someone started a thread about Saints developing the killer instinct. A positive thought given the dismal start to the season. Then you troll in and devalue the wins with your notion of 'they were expected to win anyway.'

And btw, saying the Broncos would have won 10 premierships if it wasnt for the State of Origin is one of the lamest excuses ever. It was the Queenslanders who pushed for a SOO to replace the old series because they got tired of NSW clobbering them every year. You can't have it both ways.
Brisbane were invited to join the old Sydney competition and had a huge backyard of talent to draw on.
What it shows is that every year, the Broncos had an abundance of depth and were fielding a near State strength side almost every week.

Mr Saab

Referee
i said, the way you came across it was as though the rabbits and tigers were premiership contenders. I NEVER said you said they indeed were. It was just you talking up how great the dragons were vs (IMO) weaker opposition.
Had the dragons lost to the rabbits i imagine even you would have thrown your hands up.
As for the melb/broncos game, yes i would have taken the 20 point start...i am a betting man. I like to bet, what is your problem with that i ask again? There are people in this world that bet, and those that dont. I dont have a problem with those that do or with those that dont...we are allllllllll different willow.
Melb at the time were in "FORM"...they touched up your "mighty" dragons down at WIN. Good luck to the Storm, they smashed a then pathetic broncos team. Brisbane have recovered from that loss with 6 straight, the storm have come back to the field.
I am not Knocking origin, i love origin and never want it to change...i just used the excuse that if there was no origin brisbane "should"...i am not saying "would" (big differnce there)...have won 10 comps.

I didnt troll in here and devalue it..i just backed up what Gregstar (a respected member of this form) wrote about how the dragons should not get too carried away. Capiche? Prob not.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I never said I had a problem with you betting Chuck. I just think you're a mug punter. Are you having trouble reading?

Do you know what a mug punter is? I suspicious that you still think the word 'hindsight' means having eyes in your backside, so perhaps the problem lies elsewhere.

I like to gamble as well.... for more years than I care to divulge. But I dont walk into the betting ring saying, "ooooh, that's a sure thing!" in ear shot of the bookies. LOL

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
I never said I had a problem with you betting Chuck. I just think you're a mug punter. Are you having trouble reading?

Do you know what a mug punter is? I suspicious that you still think the word 'hindsight' means having eyes in your backside, so perhaps the problem lies elsewhere.

I like to gamble as well.... for more years than I care to divulge. But I dont walk into the betting ring saying, "ooooh, that's a sure thing!" in ear shot of the bookies. LOL

yeah and i say sure thing within earshot to the bookies :rolleyes:
you think i am a mug punter? for saying the dragons are "sure things" over the tigers and rabbits. Please...thats like saying Our Maizcay had a chance to beat Doremus over 3200 back in 1995. You dont rate your "mighty" dragons too highly do you?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thats the second time you've put the "mighty" in quotations Chuck. Sure you're just not here to put the team down?
Another troll in denial.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
Thats the second time you've put the "mighty" in quotations Chuck. Sure you're just not here to put the team down?
Another troll in denial.

the only one that is in denial is you willow. Denial in the fact that Stg had it all over the rabbits and tigers BEFORE the game was played.
Hindsight? no way, not in this case. If you think the dragons/rabbits/tigers games were 50/50 then your nuts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As I said, any team can beat any other team on their day... it happens. And even Phar Lap lost a few races.

Yes Charlie... you were knew the outcome before kickoff. lol. Thanks mate... you've served your purpose. The fish stocks are now replenished.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
As I said, any team can beat any other team on their day... it happens. And even Phar Lap lost a few races.

Yes Charlie... you were knew the outcome before kickoff. lol. Thanks mate... you've served your purpose. The fish stocks are now replenished.

comparing horse racing to league is like comparing andrew johns to stu galbraith :rolleyes:
I knew the dragons would win yes..problem is?
This week vs the knights is an unknown as the dragons are minus their stars.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
comparing horse racing to league is like comparing andrew johns to stu galbraith :rolleyes:
You mean like how you compare horse racing to league?
Charlie Saab said:
you think i am a mug punter? for saying the dragons are "sure things" over the tigers and rabbits. Please...thats like saying Our Maizcay had a chance to beat Doremus over 3200 back in 1995.
:lol: Too easy.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
You mean like how you compare horse racing to league?
:lol: Too easy.

i meant relatively speaking :rolleyes:
Form in league is different to form in horse racing

Willow

Assistant Moderator
C'mon Chuck... there's no shame in admitting that you put your foot in it.

Here mate, I have a few of these to spare... take your choice of emoticons: :rolleyes: or :rolleyes: or :rolleyes:
I'm running out of these though: :lol: