What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killer instinct

Godz Illa

Coach
The Dragons are hot, and the X factor is Barrett. If we are going to win this year, it will be because Trent was at his absolute best. He's been on fire lately, and I pray to Jesus Christ Superstar that it continues. Hosanna hey.

Jamesy

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
If the Dragons can win away in cronulla.

We don't play the Sharks at Cronulla this year. We only play them once, and that in Round 20 at Oki.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Godz, I have no doubt whilst fit the boy can terrorise any team, keeping him on the field is the challenge.

Barrett fit, Saints every chance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Angry said:
:lol: I am too slow
lol, no Charlie is the one who's slow.

Charlie Saab said:
The Dragons most recent wins have been against teams they were really expected to beat.
Saints most recent wins:
R10 v Panthers
R9 v Rabbitohs
R8 v Tigers
R7 v Roosters

I can only see one match we were expected to win.

Before that lot, Saints were coming off a 1-5 win-loss record and were being touted as the competition easy-beats.

Credit where its due Charlie.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow i did say most RECENT...meaning the rabbits, tigers and panthers.
Roosters was a 50/50 game. The rest, with the dragons lineup, were "expected to win" games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And I'm saying credit were its due. The only match they were 'expected to win' was against Souths.

Any team in this comp is capable of rolling any other team.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
And I'm saying credit were its due. The only match they were 'expected to win' was against Souths.

Any team in this comp is capable of rolling any other team.

As well as the tigers. Please. Dragons were on the start of their "Comeback" and the dragons were expected to win that game.
Vs the Panthers the dragons were held in the regards that they "should" win.
I backed them -5.5 with little concern.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
So are the Broncos 'expected to win' all their matches?

No.
but they are expected to beat (at full strength, like the dragons have been recently) the tigers, rabbits, knights, eagles, and raiders.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You've contradicted yourself Charlie.

You say Saints were expected to beat "the rabbits, tigers and panthers" - they were sure bets. This is despite Saints being below the Tigers and Panthers on the ladder at the time.

Now you're saying that the Broncos are not expected to win every match. This despite them leading the competition and fielding a strong team with lots of depth.
By your logic, they should win every match. But we know better than that eh?

My argument is that prior to kickoff, no match outcome is a sure thing. And if the win is deserved, then it should be recognised as such.

You claim that they Saints were 'expected to win' their 'recent' matches, using the science of hindsight to illustrate your point. But really, its just you not being able to give credit where its due.

Mr Saab

Referee
dont use positions on the ladder as a reason. The tigers might have fluked 3 wins to start the yr, but they are not in the same league as the Dragons as far as player talent goes.
So brisbane are on top of the ladder, doesnt mean they are EXPECTED to win EVERY match. Just those vs teams with much less player talent and i stated those teams. When the broncos (not sure if they do again) they play the Dragons in WIN or Kogragh they wont be 100% certainies, even if they are on top of the ladder.
Brisbane do have a strong team, but it is matched by the Dragons (on paper)
Brisbane were not "expected" to beat the sharks away, or the cowboys away...they were 50/50 games. They were expected to beat Manly who have not been THAT impressive.

I may have missed the panthers in my other post, but the dragons, down at WIN were expected to beat the Panthers. The Panthers are just "off" in recent times. I am not using "hindsight" whatsoever.
Some matches...like Saints vs Souths are SURE things.
This all comes back to the post of Gregstar and what he said...and he spoke the truth. If you are blinded by the truth then you should see OPSM.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
Some matches...like Saints vs Souths are SURE things.
You must be a bookies dream come true.:lol:

So are the Broncos overated then?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
I am not using "hindsight" whatsoever.
Charlie Saab said:
If you are blinded by the truth then you should see OPSM.
Charlie, you do understand of course, that 'hindsight' doesnt mean having eyes on your backside.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
You must be a bookies dream come true.:lol:

So are the Broncos overated then?

i am in front ($$$ wise) for 2005.
If you think the rabbits, playing with zero confidence, a new halfback and ben walker were a chance vs the dragons then you dont rate your club toooo highly.
Broncos are not over rated, but dont just use their position on top of the ladder as a means of saying they are "morals" every game.
They were far from morals vs the cowboys and they conceded 50 vs the eels the week before. And they were far from morals at shark park with players backing up after the test match.

Saint 60

Juniors
LoL Charlie..Brisbane should win the competition every year...

There is a huge player base - money - land - they Honesly should of won the title the last 15 years...their player roster is usually awesome ----

For me Id really like to know when the NRL are going to put another side right in the middle of Brisbane...that would certainly calm a few things down :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Saint...

If there was no such thing as origin then yes, they should have won the comp the last 10 yrs. However we have origin and that hampers the Broncos in the back end of the yr.
If you cant see that then, like Willow, you are BLIND.
Hopefully this yr, with less players chosen than ever before and Webcke not playing, that it will see the Broncos thru to October.

Saint 60

Juniors
But unfortunately...Qlders are(were) the main stayers on SoO.. :)
a monster was created that creates the best football in the world - which is also good...
I think A.Beetson is credited with starting the feeling which is now known as SoO
if you cant c that then you are BLIND....

When are they going to put another side up there to ease the burden on Brisbane -
or do they just wish to keep the territory and the players all their own and try to tell ppl they are the best?

:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
i am in front ($$$ wise) for 2005.
A lot of chronic gamblers will say that.
"Its a sure thing"
"I'm in front."
:lol:

As for the rest of your post(s), I gotta love how your opinion here is the only one that counts.

Typical Broncos supporter said:
If there was no such thing as origin then yes, they should have won the comp the last 10 yrs.
RATFLMFAO!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: