What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kimmorley needs to go for game 2

The Colonel

Immortal
Frailty said:
What did the forwards do? they rarely got outside their own half in the five tackles.

When the forward couldn't get the ball outside the 40 what does Kimmorley do? Instead of kicking long or even for the sideline to settle the play down he chip kicked. When your halfback can't clear the ball past the halfway and your made do seventy extra tackles in a half its a telling factor in the game.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Kimmorley is a disgrace the first half he didn't give Barrett the ball once, the second half baz did some kicks and got some repeat sets. Kimmorley is a dud, he is gone fore SOO2, he can't handle it.

The Colonel

Immortal
The only people from NSW supporting Kimmorley are from the shire. Surprise, surprise. Worlds best halfback? Kimmorley should be charged with fraud.

RICHO

Juniors
Didn't convert the line breaks?
NSW - 4 tries
QLD - 3 tries

Isn't it the job of the fullback, wingers and centres to back up the man who breaks the line? Not the halfback. Anyhow, didn't NSW score directly from 2 or 3 of those line breaks?

How about having a go at the blokes who gave away the penalties? That was the difference in the end. Minichello? Buderus?

Or the blokes in the pack who didn't get dirty.
Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon tackled themselves stupid. Other guys were missing in action.

As for 'stupid kicks', lok no further than Barrett in extra time. A grubber kick inside his own 40, when the game is directly on the line?!? WTF???

sunny

I said before the game that I would have selected Gower, Sherwin and possibly even Orford before Noddy. Noddy's first half was crap, his 2nd half was much better, and then of course you had the pickoff in OT. I'd probably get rid of him for game 2. Mind you, he was quite as bad as Barrett, who did even less. I expected Kimmorley to be a bit of a dud, but I expected Barrett to be good! Simpson was a waste of a pick in the first place and the front rowers generally did nothing. The back rowers did good though. Mini was superb for NSW, he kept us in it in the 1st half.

More thoughts tommorrow, champions league final is 2 morrow and i have to get to bed.

MC

Juniors
If it were up to me, i'd get rid of the #7 and the whole bench.

Does anyone else beleive that Craig Wing is a shadow of the player he once was. Even for the Roosters over the last 18 months his performances have been lagging, whilst the once "super-sub" impact that he could generate is not occuring anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what they do, without a lot of genuine prop depth in NSW. Maybe Kite would get a run?

Joel Clinton is hopeless, one of the worse players to ever wear the Green and Gold. He will make 2 good carries and pull of a few good hits in the first 20 mins then will not be seen for the rest of the game. He is soft and would be found out heavily in the origin arena.

jamesgould

Juniors
RICHO said:
Didn't convert the line breaks?
NSW - 4 tries
QLD - 3 tries

Isn't it the job of the fullback, wingers and centres to back up the man who breaks the line? Not the halfback. Anyhow, didn't NSW score directly from 2 or 3 of those line breaks?

How about having a go at the blokes who gave away the penalties? That was the difference in the end. Minichello? Buderus?

Or the blokes in the pack who didn't get dirty.
Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon tackled themselves stupid. Other guys were missing in action.

As for 'stupid kicks', lok no further than Barrett in extra time. A grubber kick inside his own 40, when the game is directly on the line?!? WTF???

Barrett only grubbered because Kimmorley passed it to him! Kimmorley was too shallow on the last and panicked, passed to Barrett who had two defenders on him and had little option but to grubber.

James.

ozboy

Juniors
He tried his best, I'll give him that and he was quite decent in defence, though he has once again shown that at the highest level he is incapable of performing to the standards we expect of him.

Why, who knows, but I think that a player like Kimmorley to be a star needs a team to be built around him, like the Melbourne and Sharks team were and are hence the great form, but come Origin and the different game plans and tactics he fails.

lotti

Bench
Noddy needs to stay at the sharks until he learns how not to pass the ball to the other team.

gregstar

Referee
noddy needs his legs cut off so that he passes more to world class backline - nsw that is!

macavity

Referee
Just got back from the game. Was consensus amongst NSW and QLD supporters alike that 2 people won that game for QLD - Kimmorley and Simpkins.

Both should never be allowed near origin again.

mickdo

Coach
macavity said:
Just got back from the game. Was consensus amongst NSW and QLD supporters alike that 2 people won that game for QLD - Kimmorley and Simpkins.

Both should never be allowed near origin again.
Amen... on both counts

Sharkie73

Bench
Apart from Hindmarsh we had a piss weak forward pack that was out played from the kick off and as soon as Carl Webb got stuck into them most of them they went missing, apart from Hindmarsh I wouldn't feed any of them. The backs can't shine when the forwards don't lay the platform for the 1/2 and 5/8.
Its easy to throw blame on Noddy but the whole team needs to take a good hard look at themself.