What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Kyle

As they say - "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" 😊

Personally, I’m optimistic regarding Kyle, who’s unwanted by all due to recent experience with Gus’s Goons.

This year with KF at 5/8 Dogs lost 7 out of 10 yeah? Without KF at 5/8 did they improved drastically?

They lost 10 out of 14 – so I’d reckon that stat is more a reflection on the Dogs and them using KF as their ‘scapegoat’.

In 2019, under coach ‘Dad’ at Sharks, he came to the attention of one of the league best talent recruiters (Rorters)

In 2020 for the chooks, he was the third highest point scorer in the NRL at the ripe old age of 21

His goal kicking alone was 78% – 6th in NRL

He was surprisingly released 1 year early. All reported KF was very hard done by, and it appears Roosters thought they had identified the next JT in Sam Walker.

There’s not enough paper to record all the shit he endured at the Dogs (which has got to affect your confidence)

Jamie Saward couldn’t crack a regular first grade spot at Roosters before Dragons. When Bennet coached Soward he installed the confidence that enabled JS to go from ‘speed hump in defence who never takes on the line in attack’ to the man who guided us to our last premiership.

Who better than Dad to re-install, in son, the self-belief?

f**k, I hope I’m right and ur wrong!
Yes I am tooting my own horn.
Always felt Kyle was a quality, untapped resource
I am just so happy for Kyle and his involvement improving the Dragons 2024

Our position with halves has given Kyle an opportunity to show us that he belongs to be in the run on team every week as Half, not 14, not 9.

He's a genuine 7 who can inspire the team.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Yes I am tooting my own horn.
Always felt Kyle was a quality, untapped resource
I am just so happy for Kyle and his involvement improving the Dragons 2024

Our position with halves has given Kyle an opportunity to show us that he belongs to be in the run on team every week as Half, not 14, not 9.

He's a genuine 7 who can inspire the team.
I think he has been pretty solid all year whilst not a marquee player he is a great team player. You pretty much know what you are getting each week. Willing to play wherever, defence is reliable and IMO unfairly cops claims of nepotism and not first grade standard. He's ok for mine

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
From everything I have observed Flano is playing the 7 role with less kicking the main difference

With all the extra time that Hunt is now getting he gets to pick and choose but still does majority of the kicking

I don’t really see a 5/8 out there

two halfbacks for me is what I see

Benny already said he loves playing with Kyle as he brings a half organisation to the attack

When our forwards are on the march flano is setting and supplying our left edge / middle

flano is also shifting the ball left to right late in the count for Hunt to attack middle and right

flano is ducking into dummy half when it’s on for quick lateral movement

Since last years SOO where Hunt wanted out , I have been very vocal in regards to pissing him off.

Looking at last nights game, combined with Hunts role in SOO (More 5/8 combining with DCE, than Hooker) I'm hoping that Coach Flanno is being very strategic regarding an extension for Hunt.

If Hunt finally wakes up regarding how he combines with KF, then I would be as happy as a pig in mud.

I (and coach - I suspect) just need to see it regularly before extension is signed or we go another path.

kit66

Bench
I’ve noticed in a lot of games this year opposition players having a go at him/giving him a spray. Is he a pest or something on the field?
Love the way he’s been playing for us

I've noticed that and also noticed that he handles it all pretty well, looks very stoic and humble and gives the offender a pat on the head (literally a couple of times). I'm not seeing a pest there at all. They probably ride him because his dad's the coach, it's an easy cheap shot. I'm loving what he's brought to the club and it's a bonus he's playing as good as he did at the Rorters, maybe even better, his combo with Hunt and his left side mates is coming along really well. He reminds me a bit of Hornby, mr reliable.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee