What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston - Imppressive

sooperdooper

First Grade
kingston was very good out of dummy half.
on that performance alone he should get a start and Matty keating to drop to the bench.

lingard

Coach
I always thought a two hooker team suited us. The only problem is where MK could play. A ball playing lock maybe? I really think Kingston and MK have to be in the 17 together. I think Kingston, when he came on, really kept us in the game.

My 17 for the sharks:

1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Tautai
5. Grothe
6. Reddy
7. Mortimer
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
13. Smith

14. Kingston
15. Cordoba
16. Latimore
17. Mannah.

Anyone agree?

Mostly. I`m not sure about Ben Smith. I might prefer to give Oake a bit more time to see if he can improve. I actually think Smith might be dead and buried, sadly.
Also, I wonder is it a good idea to blood Mortimer while we`ve got Hayne out and maybe Inu out (suspended?) and Reddy at five-eight. I`d hold off another week or so.

lingard

Coach
I always thought a two hooker team suited us. The only problem is where MK could play. A ball playing lock maybe? I really think Kingston and MK have to be in the 17 together. I think Kingston, when he came on, really kept us in the game.

My 17 for the sharks:

1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Tautai
5. Grothe
6. Reddy
7. Mortimer
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
13. Smith

14. Kingston
15. Cordoba
16. Latimore
17. Mannah.

Anyone agree?

Double post.

lingard

Coach
I'm not assuming we'll keep Kelly tbh... I fear he wants to chase massive dollars and a Mundine crew lifestyle.

In which case next year: 6: KKe, 7: DM, 9: MK, 14: KKi (if re-signed).

You might be right, Bart. I hope not. Maybe I`m being an old romantic, but I`d love to see Parramatta with a star aboriginal five-eight. We`re the only club in the NRL with an aboriginal name, after all.

lingard

Coach
I am thinking we will see both MK and KK start, with one at 5-8 or halfback along with Robo, Reddy will push back onto the wing and Burt to fullback. Mortimer will probably come off the bench IMO just for cover if Robson is having a shocker.

I think having MK and KK on at the same time is a positive because they are both good defenders and would tighten up the ruck area while adding more creativity to the team. I actually think we looked our best in the last 30 odd min when both Kinga and Keating where on (looked like Keating was playing lock, but played more of a 5-8 role). This would also give us another option on the 5th tackle (wow Robson is a horrible last play exponent of the game). I think we will see:

6 MKeating
7 Robson

9 Kinga

I like Matt Keating. But I`ve seen no indication he could make a fist of either half or five-eight. If he`s being criticised for being a bit pedestrian at hooker, then why would he make a good half?

bartman

Immortal
You might be right, Bart. I hope not. Maybe I`m being an old romantic, but I`d love to see Parramatta with a star aboriginal five-eight. We`re the only club in the NRL with an aboriginal name, after all.
Yeah, I'd love the guy to stick it it through to top grade as well... But from the stories posted on here, he doesn't exactly seem like the humble Beetson, Liddiard, Simon or Widders type. Wouldn't be the first young player these days to get impatient and chase the money elsewhere though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah, I'd love the guy to stick it it through to top grade as well... But from the stories posted on here, he doesn't exactly seem like the humble Beetson, Liddiard, Simon or Widders type. Wouldn't be the first young player these days to get impatient and chase the money elsewhere though.

1 David Liddiard
2 Glenn Liddiard
3 Ronnie Prince
4 Steve Ella
5 Jason moodie
6 John Simon
7 Brad Garrett
8 Arthur Beetson
9 PJ Marsh
10 Terry Clarke
11 Dean Widders
12 Daniel Backo