What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston - Imppressive

lingard

Coach
very true keating is a toiler.. far far better with kingston out there... quality passing and great running game..

i loved when keating wasnt even looking at the play the ball abnd missed an opportunity to flick the pass back for a field goal...

Keating is sh*t and needs to go back to wenty!!!

kingston a much better hooeker!!! why has he not been given a chance?

Umm...he`s been injured. :sarcasm:

lingard

Coach
Sure i'll expand, your previous comments about perhaps putting keating into the backrow is totally ludicrous.He has not shown any signs of someone that could be a competent backrower, and thats putting it midly.The kid has talent but until he's able to work out the problems he has between his ears whilst on the field as far as the decisions he makes, he'll only be that kid with potential.Not to mention not having the build, but hey this is a forum and if you think he'd be a backrower more power to you

Sure, it`s a forum and all that; but my idea is stupid and ludicrous, right?

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I always thought a two hooker team suited us. The only problem is where MK could play. A ball playing lock maybe? I really think Kingston and MK have to be in the 17 together. I think Kingston, when he came on, really kept us in the game.

My 17 for the sharks:

1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Tautai
5. Grothe
6. Reddy
7. Mortimer
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
13. Smith

14. Kingston
15. Cordoba
16. Latimore
17. Mannah.

Anyone agree?

spiderdan

Bench
very true keating is a toiler.. far far better with kingston out there... quality passing and great running game..

i loved when keating wasnt even looking at the play the ball abnd missed an opportunity to flick the pass back for a field goal...

Keating is sh*t and needs to go back to wenty!!!

kingston a much better hooeker!!! why has he not been given a chance?
i wouldn't say he's sh*t he was just shown up by a bloke that had a blinder by comparison. i've seen mk do plenty of good things but kingston definitely did better last night than mk has this year. just keep in mind jayjay that it is only one game. don't forget how finch went after that one good game against the dogs last year.

if kingston can back up his souths performance then yes, he probably should be given the starting role.

da i think has some dilemas for the end of the year and for next. depending on what playing strategy he adopts you would think there are a couple of players that wont be in nrl soon.

(assuming we keep kelly) we have kelly, mortimer, kris keating, matt keating and keving kingston (if we keep him) to fit into 6,7,9 and 14 if anderson uses and interchange rake. one of those guys will miss out, and two if we go for an 80 minute rake. intersting times ahead.

bartman

Immortal
I'm not assuming we'll keep Kelly tbh... I fear he wants to chase massive dollars and a Mundine crew lifestyle.

In which case next year: 6: KKe, 7: DM, 9: MK, 14: KKi (if re-signed).

spiderdan

Bench
I'm not assuming we'll keep Kelly tbh... I fear he wants to chase massive dollars and a Mundine crew lifestyle.

In which case next year: 6: KKe, 7: DM, 9: MK, 14: KKi (if re-signed).
if we play an interchange hooker then that probably will be our line-up (if kelly leaves). otherwise either mk or kki will miss out. it wouldn't surprise me if da went that way.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I just have a feeling Albert's asking price will be too much for us.

I'd like us to spend our money on one more class forward if possible.

And I'd be happy having either MK or Kingston start in the 9 - DA often swapped the starter out of Cunningham or Roby around at St Helens, to make things less predictable for the opposition.

Fathead

Bench
I thought Kingston was great. Did DA hook MK after that awful pass ?
I cannot sing Kingstons praises highly enough.
Passes were crisp and meaningful
Great defence.
He was excellent.

I have noticed MKs form slip away in the last few weeks and if you are going to play both we need to have kinga in the 9 jersey.

cgee221

Juniors
Great defence.
He was excellent.

I have noticed MKs form slip away in the last few weeks and if you are going to play both we need to have kinga in the 9 jersey.

I wouldn't say the last few weeks, but certainly the past two games haven't been his best. I think that's a result of the KK injury, it's his brother and a half he understands. Something tells me the communication between Robson and Keating was not that great last night, however Kingston who would have played with Robson for a few weeks in NSW Cup would have a better combination together.

I agree your comments re: Kingston, his service and passes were definetly crisp!

caylo

Bench
Great defence.
He was excellent.

I am thinking we will see both MK and KK start, with one at 5-8 or halfback along with Robo, Reddy will push back onto the wing and Burt to fullback. Mortimer will probably come off the bench IMO just for cover if Robson is having a shocker.

I think having MK and KK on at the same time is a positive because they are both good defenders and would tighten up the ruck area while adding more creativity to the team. I actually think we looked our best in the last 30 odd min when both Kinga and Keating where on (looked like Keating was playing lock, but played more of a 5-8 role). This would also give us another option on the 5th tackle (wow Robson is a horrible last play exponent of the game). I think we will see:

6 MKeating
7 Robson

9 Kinga

caylo

Bench
I always thought a two hooker team suited us. The only problem is where MK could play. A ball playing lock maybe? I really think Kingston and MK have to be in the 17 together. I think Kingston, when he came on, really kept us in the game.

My 17 for the sharks:

1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Tautai
5. Grothe
6. Reddy
7. Mortimer
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
13. Smith

14. Kingston
15. Cordoba
16. Latimore
17. Mannah.

Anyone agree?

I would play

Burt
Reddy
Inu
Tautai
Grothe
MKeating
Robson
Cordoba
Kinga
Fui
Hindmarsh
Cayless
Joey.G

Mortimer(cover for Robson)
Lowrie
Mannah
Latimore

Fee

Juniors
I like that team Caylo, but who will we put in for Inu, I think he will go, even if it is only for 1 game.:(

slippery_sucker

Juniors
my 17 for sharks...

1. Burt
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe
6. Robson
7. M. Keating
8. Mannah
9. Kingston
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galuvao
13. Smith

14. Mortimer/Kelly
15. Tautai
16. Cayless
17. Latimore

caylo

Bench
I like that team Caylo, but who will we put in for Inu, I think he will go, even if it is only for 1 game.:(

Reddy into the centre and Etu comes in, not rocket science IMO. DA will be conservative and I think it is best to. If we start blooding players left right and centre the season will be over very quickly.

eel4life

Juniors
I would do the following ..

1. Inu
2. Etu
3. TT
4. Reddy
5. Eric

6. Mortimer
7. Robson

8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. MoiMoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Joe
13. Ben Smith

14. Kingston
15. Mannah
16. Latimore
17. Horro

@@@@@@@

I think Inu could have the same type of game that Hayne provides, if he touches the ball enough he can have an impact, i think he did ok on friday night and he is starting to be more consistent in his efforts.

Something different, but Lowrie will be in and so will burt, but if the guys can put the same numbers on the board in hit ups and effort then we will be ok against the sharkies, their danger will come from Barret, Toups and Gallen if he does not make the origin side ...

this will be an interesting game coming up ..

Latest posts