What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston to Storm

Isurus

Juniors
I have been told by a source very close to the Sharks that Kingston has not signed with the Storm and is still negotiating with us. Club has been very impressed since he debuted in the top grade!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
pogo said:
kingston = mediocrity personified

How do you come to that conclusion after 3 games Pogo.
Add to that he is clearly, faster, stronger, fitter & more skillfull than that 50 game verteran in Bird, you once again look foolish.

imasharkie

Coach
Isurus said:
I have been told by a source very close to the Sharks that Kingston has not signed with the Storm and is still negotiating with us. Club has been very impressed since he debuted in the top grade!!

I hope your source is right Isurus. I've been impressed with Kingstons game. IMO he's the best hooker in the club and should have been in 1sts all year in place of Sullivan.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
imasharkie said:
I hope your source is right Isurus. I've been impressed with Kingstons game. IMO he's the best hooker in the club and should have been in 1sts all year in place of Sullivan.

Id even say he should of been there the start of last season IMA!

pogo

Juniors
yeah.......

its obvious kingston is a top class hooker , hes only been at cronulla five minutes and has stood out like backflips labradors testicles.

definite rep material.

by the way the comparison with greg bird makes me even laugh at you blokes more as bird has been able to admirably fill a number of positions, and makes more ground than all of the reserve graders you talk up combined.
rather than compare kinston with bird (a back rower ) compare him with priddis,woolford,wing,perry,buderus........even latu!

ohh hang on...you probably havent seen many of them play.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
latu
barter card cup player , age 24. Cant make the warriors team.

Give kinga anotehr 40 games & see how he rates.
I have no doubt he will play firsts all year next year at the storm & will excel in an attacking team like the storm & stiffen up their ruck defense.

pogo

Juniors
good to see you think latu is a bartercard player, its the same bloke who played for his country before contarcting tuberculosis.

he is in a different class to kingston and that will be clearly evident to all sharks supporters next season.
its a blessing in disguise he got crook, we would never have snared him otherwise.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hes been healthy for a long time.
Not rated at the Warriors.

may come good, probably wont.

another mediocre purchase by the sharks.

Mako

Juniors
I don't know how anyone can be comparing Kingston to anyone else at this stage.

He has played 4 games - 2 of those he hardly saw the paddock, one was fairly limited and the other I thought he was pretty solid.

I all cases he was all about defence and distibution - practically no attack. This might very well have been on instructions and he is yet to play his natural game.

Still, his distribution has been the best we have had so far and his defence is solid. I see no problem with hanging on to him and seeing how he develops. Could be a good interchange with Latu and a backup in case of injury or performance issues and lets Hilly get to the back.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Warriors rate his so highly they never even made him an offer & he does not play in their side.

I'd hate to see what they would do to somebody the ydont rate.

HAHAHAA

pogo

Juniors
ask ivan cleary directly idiot, if you get a chance.

others on this forum know how highly rated the bloke is.

tell us next season after you wipe the egg foo yung off your face....again.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
pogo said:
ask ivan cleary directly idiot, if you get a chance.

others on this forum know how highly rated the bloke is.

tell us next season after you wipe the egg foo yung off your face....again.

so he will be good next year, but hes no good this year huh?

BTW, he is playing reserve in the barter card cup.

& why would Cleary talk to me?
& even better question, why does he run away from you?

ghoti

Bench
God I hope you're right about him not having signed with the Storm. He had a blinder today and had a solid game last week against the Roosters. By far our best hooker option this year and would be if he remains here next year.

How certain is it that he's going?

Latest posts