What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston to Storm

Special K

Coach
A great win and all that but the biggest thing for me was the first 20 or so (before we put the foot down) was how Kingston worked for us. There was no knock ons, no passes to players feet and no passes at players heads.

Kingston should be our hooker. He fixed up our middle of the park and this allowed Hilder to play his best game of the season for us in the backrow. Trouble is not a hooker, many of us have known this for ages but we lacked a replacement. We lack points when he is our nine, with Kinga he knows where the play should be going. Hilder just gives it to a forward or Noddy.

Latu is a 'impact' player rather than a 80 minute player. Do we do a back flip and keep Kinga or do we go back to trying to make a backrower look like a hooker next year. Seems simple to me...

BWNB

First Grade
Hey guys,
I havn't Read through all these posts but is it true that he is going?
Is there a link that i can see to confim his new contract with the storm?

cheese

Bench
fug he was good .......best hooking display from our club since gibbos pearler after deano's demise

what a waste of player development

surely aaron knew this bloke was good ... why the fugg are we losing him.

disgraceful stuff

for the 1st time we actually looked like a well balanced side

whenever a bloke was offside he ran straight at them .....

he was everywhere in support play

hes FAST

hes crisp

he's athletic

hes gone

f**k me ...i think i might go neck myself

bigdog

Juniors
imasharkie said:
I hope your source is right Isurus. I've been impressed with Kingstons game. IMO he's the best hooker in the club and should have been in 1sts all year in place of Sullivan.
Isurus your source is correct kingston has not sign with anyone yet but it only a matter of time

Foz

Bench
The club should do what it takes(within reason of course) to sign Kingston.
He's been a shining light since coming into the side.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
This may be a big call but mark my words fellow forumers:

Kingston will be the next QLD hooker over Smith. The only thing that is stopping him is game time. It might not be next year but 07 is on the cards!

Isurus

Juniors
bigdog said:
Isurus your source is correct kingston has not sign with anyone yet but it only a matter of time

Source says negotiations between Kinga and Sharks are continuing...the signing of Latu is a possible sticking point!!

Inferno

Coach
why not shift Hilder to bench along side Williams, Gallen to second row where he is better anyway and put Kinga at Lock?

That being said I would still prefer to see him at Hooker. Haven't seen nor heard much about Latu.

imasharkie

Coach
f*cken hell.
Kingston = Treister.

Who needs a 2nd rate hooker from Kiwiland.

If Kingston goes, so should Raper.

This is bullsh*te, surely the club can see Kingston is what we've needed for so long.

Everytime I see supercoaches face on tv these days :hitit:

Inferno

Coach
yeah I'd prefer him to be at hooker and Hilder at Lock as well. But if Latu turns out to be the next Buderus or Priddis, I'd still like Kinga on the team and playing lock ahead of Hilda.

pogo

Juniors
Isurus said:
Source says negotiations between Kinga and Sharks are continuing...the signing of Latu is a possible sticking point!!

whats up is he scared of some competition?

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
pogo said:

Considering he has come from nowhere to cement the starting hooker role in 5 games Pogo I doubt it - keep death riding him now cause next year you'll be blowing the wind so far up his a** it ain't funny!!

pogo

Juniors
sorry blubagger i didnt realise he had only played five games for the club.

that indeed is a meteoric rise , i guess , after the manly performance he is entitled to security of tenure of the number nine jumper!

Isurus

Juniors
pogo said:

Gee I don't know Pogo - maybe he is being told that they have signed Latu as their number 1 hooker and he'll have to play second string to him......!! Surely not though...our chiefs wouldn't be so silly to guarentee starting spots to players this far out would they??

You never answerd my earlier question....did you think he had a good game against Manly?

pogo

Juniors
he certainly did have a good game against manly isurus.

taking into account the abysmal marker and ruck defence you would expect him too.

lets hope he continues in that vein.

Latest posts