What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi coaching boner?

whatever

Juniors
Can you believe it?

What is Kearney thinking playing an inexperienced Foran at center in place of the injured Matai? 19 years old, and played but 9 games in the NRL. No big game experience and not to mention that this is practically an elimination test.

Australia have already booked their place in the final. Even if hell freezes over, they certainly won't be losing to the french.

Why he isn't going with Inu? I'm almost inclined to think the coach has got s#%t for brains. Inu's form in the last 2 months of the NRL with the exception of the grand final was some of his best.

All I can say is Foran must give great head because I cannot imagine why you would do something so outrageously foolish. It's beyond me. I mean I know England are bad but come on... you've got to give them some credit, don't you?

tiburon

Juniors
i rate foran, he has talent and loads of potential - who would you have put in instead?

Hanscholo

Bench
Inu's form? patchy at best. Still doesnt take on the line, still throws no look speculators to nobody. The guy is talented but going nowhere in his career, Foran showed a lot at the end of last season for Manly. At worst you could say it's a show of faith in the young bloke. Remember who got picked for NZ after one first grade game?

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
"What is Kearney thinking playing an inexperienced Foran at center in place of the injured Matai? 19 years old, and played but 9 games in the NRL. No big game experience and not to mention that this is practically an elimination test."

I'm pretty sure Waerea-Hargreaves has less than 9 games in the NRL under his belt and he's been great for NZ. With the exception of poking Matai in the eye:lol:

whatever

Juniors
Inu's form? patchy at best. Still doesnt take on the line, still throws no look speculators to nobody. The guy is talented but going nowhere in his career, Foran showed a lot at the end of last season for Manly. At worst you could say it's a show of faith in the young bloke. Remember who got picked for NZ after one first grade game?

Dude, did you even watch the Eel's play the last month and a half of the regular season and their post season with your eyes open? If you had, then you would have seen that Inu's form was the most consistent and perhaps the best it's ever been. And that is not a biased opinion because I really am not a fan. But he, I believe is what is best for the team.

And although Waerea-Hargreaves has played less games in the NRL than Foran, he played the first game and put in a decent effort. So he got another chance. Even if the Kiwis had lost that game, I'm sure that they would have been confident that they would defeat France and England and make the final. If Foran had played the first game and made a good fist of it, then sure, I would have no problems. But this is a "lose and you go home" situation. Go with somebody who has international experience and who played finals football this year.

If Kearney wanted to take a chance, why didn't he do it last week against the french?
I seriously hope the kid doesn't screw up and I wish him the best of luck.

I just think that that was a dumbass...

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Good move by the coach...dont forget they are building for the future. Got no problems with Foran playing...even if we do lose.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Foran however is a 6.

Lucky it is only English backs, he will be sweet. It ain't like the kiwis are going go wide. Matai is a defensive centre.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I don't think Foran will start, Kearney is more likely to move Soliola in there and put Foran onto the bench.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Admittedly I can't watch the NRL being from the UK, but I don't understand why Inu never gets a run? He seems like a classy player from what I have been able to see of him.

mightyboy

Juniors
Can you believe it?

What is Kearney thinking playing an inexperienced Foran at center in place of the injured Matai? 19 years old, and played but 9 games in the NRL. No big game experience and not to mention that this is practically an elimination test.

Australia have already booked their place in the final. Even if hell freezes over, they certainly won't be losing to the french.

Why he isn't going with Inu? I'm almost inclined to think the coach has got s#%t for brains. Inu's form in the last 2 months of the NRL with the exception of the grand final was some of his best.

All I can say is Foran must give great head because I cannot imagine why you would do something so outrageously foolish. It's beyond me. I mean I know England are bad but come on... you've got to give them some credit, don't you?

No one else finds it amusing that this guy doesn't want Foran to play as he has only 9 first grade appearances under his belt... yet he wants Inu to be picked instead, who was a player picked for NZ without playing a SINGLE first grade game?

Obviously in his mind Inu was a good selection. Why can Foran be the same?

taste2taste

Juniors
Kearney likes a safe structured team, for that reason he'll never pick Ben Roberts or Inu.

I think the Kiwi's play best when they through caution into the wind and i'd like both Roberts and Inu in the team.

hutch

First Grade
is roberts injured? i thought he may stick to samoa, but he wasnt picked for them either. still have never known how he is eligible for nz, but then again, he did play for a tongan team a few years ago as well so i think he may be more confused than me.