What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Train On Squad

Lox

Juniors
ozbash said:
hohaia ? nope, part time hooker,center and/or 5/8 and not hell of a flash at any of them.

smith ? he went ok for the eels when dim tim hurt himself/was at rehab but i think he,s a better 5/8 than half.

Fein ? :lol: :lol:

if i was bluey, i,d be talking very seriously to thomas luelueai.

Hohaia has impressed whenever he's been #7 eg vs England A last year (MOM), vs Cronulla - his only game for the Warriors at 7 last year where he was the best on the field despite being in a losing team (in a game they should've won had it not been for Louie's missed tackle on Dykes in the dying minutes), and in his debut season where he was runner up rookie of the year to Slater or Utai (can't remember).

Smith owns Premier League and proved he can make the step up to 1st grade, guiding them to 8 straight wins at halfback. Don't forget he carved Aus A last year, schooling Prince and Barrett.

Mate I'd take anyone over Leuluai! The fact that you're even considering him means you have no knowledge of the game and are an absolute disgrace to it!!! U make me sick!!!

Skinner

Coach
Lox said:
Mate I'd take anyone over Leuluai! The fact that you're even considering him means you have no knowledge of the game and are an absolute disgrace to it!!! U make me sick!!!

Oh ah.....is that you Lancey Boy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thierry Henry said:
Really? I actually thought he was really good for the Dogs on Friday night. ok, he missed a few (difficult) tackles, but his running game was as explosive as ever.

I was under the impression that due to his attitude and lack of committment in previous years that Utai is the most popular guy amongst the kiwis and would be hard pressed to get back in.

ozbash

Referee

:lol: :lol: jesus, you must have a weak guts blox. i dont profess to have a great knowledge of the game but surely if tjhomas is good enough to play for the kiwis when his for was , at best, average ,,, then with his good form now he should be considered.

hohaia is last years news, he doesnt know wtf he wants and the kiwis can do better. his best position is hooker imo . New Zealand A is a whole different story to the Tri Series. and v cronulla ? fmd, your scraping the bottom of the barrell now.

smith is a good half-5/8 but better than thomas ? dont think so.

now go see a f**king doctor :cool:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:
they could share positions,,, thomas could play the tough games (v the poms) and the WGHB could play the easy beats (aussie) .

then everyone will be happy,, even nzwarrior :roll:

I'd be happier if Tommy Lulu and J Bro were as far away from a Kiwis jersey as the distance Justin Murphy's restraining order states Robsta has to be at all times.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mixmasterreece said:
I was under the impression that due to his attitude and lack of committment in previous years that Utai is the most popular guy amongst the kiwis and would be hard pressed to get back in.

That was the case from 2003-2005, however I think you'll find he was back in the team for the 2005 Anzac test, suggesting those days were over?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Lox said:
Hohaia has impressed whenever he's been #7 eg vs England A last year (MOM), vs Cronulla - his only game for the Warriors at 7 last year where he was the best on the field despite being in a losing team (in a game they should've won had it not been for Louie's missed tackle on Dykes in the dying minutes), and in his debut season where he was runner up rookie of the year to Slater or Utai (can't remember).

Smith owns Premier League and proved he can make the step up to 1st grade, guiding them to 8 straight wins at halfback. Don't forget he carved Aus A last year, schooling Prince and Barrett.

lol are you kidding. Hohaia played 6 during his rookie year (2002), not 7. And keep in mind that his rookie year was so amazingly successful that by the end of it he had been replaced by Motu Tony at 6 after a string of inept performances. I don't recall him being runner-up rookie of the year, if he was it was a bit of a joke. He didn't even win Warriors rookie of the year outright, he shared it with Webb.

Thierry Henry said:
That was the case from 2003-2005, however I think you'll find he was back in the team for the 2005 Anzac test, suggesting those days were over?

Oh ok I dont remember him playing in that, im sure he did though.

Will be interesting then to see if he makes it, although having said that Bluey seems like the kind of guy who picks on loyalty and committment and if what has been said about Utai in the past is true then he might not meet that criteria.

I do hope he makes the final cut though.

ozbash

Referee
NZ Warrior said:
I'd be happier if Tommy Lulu and J Bro were as far away from a Kiwis jersey as the distance Justin Murphy's restraining order states Robsta has to be at all times.

dissapointment will soon be your friend . :cool:

i have it on very good authority that one of the above will start on the bench whilst the other will run onto the field in his kiwi jersey. and i,m not talking about robsta here.

ozbash said:
dissapointment will soon be your friend . :cool:

i have it on very good authority that one of the above will start on the bench whilst the other will run onto the field in his kiwi jersey. and i,m not talking about robsta here.

oh good god.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mixmasterreece said:
Oh ok I dont remember him playing in that, im sure he did though.

Will be interesting then to see if he makes it, although having said that Bluey seems like the kind of guy who picks on loyalty and committment and if what has been said about Utai in the past is true then he might not meet that criteria.

I do hope he makes the final cut though.

Yeah, he scored that try after Benji chipped and regathered.

His beef was with Anderson, I can't imagine it's passed on to Bluey.

Thierry Henry said:
Yeah, he scored that try after Benji chipped and regathered.

His beef was with Anderson, I can't imagine it's passed on to Bluey.

Well im glad to hear that... especially with the Volcano pulling out

kiwi_man

Juniors
id prefer to see ropo don the number 6 jersey instead of vagana, yet why the hell should leuleuai come anywhere near the team?? halatau is being talked of as the back up hooker, we also have motu tony, and we have lance on standby if fien is ruled out

kiwi_man

Juniors
Fien hasnt been officially ruled out and also they did say that lance was called into the train on squad unnoficially last week as cover for nathan

More added today :

Train-on squad additions: Sonny Bill Williams, Roy Asotasi, Matt Utai, Ben Roberts (Bulldogs), Stacey Jones (Les Catalans).

ozbash

Referee
utai on one side,, manu the other. positively mouth watering. :thumb

stace at the helm, ive got a very good feeling about this tri series.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd go Tupou. I find him more reliable personally. Particularly under the high ball, Utai will be badly exposed against the likes of Matt King out wide under cross field bombs.