What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis flight home already booked for after Semi Final

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
NZ Herald

Rugby League World Cup organisers seem to have written off the Kiwis’ chances in their semifinal against Australia.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, World Cup organisers have already booked a flight home for the Kiwis for the day after their semifinal against tournament favourites Australia on Saturday morning (NZT).

It was a move reportedly made before the start of the tournament, with organisers forced to predict when teams would be eliminated due to logistical reasons.

If the Kiwis were to upset the reigning champions on Saturday, it will cost tournament officials $380 per ticket to change the flights, according to the report.
Organisers had reportedly been forced to fork out around $10,000 when Samoa knocked out Tonga in the quarter-finals over the weekend, after originally banking on Tonga progressing to the semis.
Lucky the Kiwis beat Fiji last week or else that would have been another $10k down the toliet 😂😂

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Kiwis using the QLD mentality to pump themselves up.

I actually think they lost focus last week and already had an eye on Australia.

They didn't expect Fiji to take them to wire.

They will be better this week.

Hopefully its a classic.

Australia and New Zealand have only played 1 WC game since 2008 Final and that was a 34-2 win to Australia in 2013 final.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Geez " Kiwi league fan 😉"
You sure seem to enjoy any bad news for League or the Kiwis 😉😉🤣
I just think it's pretty poor form someone close to the organisers leaked this info out....especially considering its getting a bit of air time in NZ media...its just amateurish....

Gobsmacked

Bench
I just think it's pretty poor form someone close to the organisers leaked this info out....especially considering its getting a bit of air time in NZ media...its just amateurish....
Ammeterish? Once again eger to ad negative connotations to the comp. I'm starting to believe that you're not a kiwileaguefan 🤣

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Ammeterish? Once again eger to ad negative connotations to the comp. I'm starting to believe that you're not a kiwileaguefan 🤣
I was not the Muppet that released the info...its an embarrassing look for the comp...especially I inheritance articles where it discusses the favoritism to the England sides

Gobsmacked

Bench
I was not the Muppet that released the info...its an embarrassing look for the comp...especially I inheritance articles where it discusses the favoritism to the England sides
There's a million positive to come out of the world cup. I dare you to comment on one

Zappa26

Juniors
Good call by Madge on Jared WH. At least he knows the difference between an enforcer and someone who continually leaves his team a player short.
Why do Trent Robinson and Nick Politis keep a serial grub on their books? Surely not a good PR image for Easts!