What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis news

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
FYI

Tonga squad: Richie Fa’aso (Manly Sea Eagles), Glen Fisiiahi (New Zealand Warriors), Mahe Fonua (Melbourne Storm), Daniel Foster (Penrith Panthers), David Hala (Brisbane Broncos), Sydney Havea (Hakame Broncos), Silivia Havili (New Zealand Warriors), Brent Kite (Manly Sea Eagles), Samsoni Langi (Sydney Roosters), Siuatonga Likiliki (Newcastle Knights), Sika Manu (Penrith Panthers), Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters), Fuifui Moimoi (Parramatta Eels), Benny Murdoch-Masila (Wests Tigers), Michael Oldfield (Sydney Roosters), Pat Politini (Cronulla Sharks), Nafe Seluini (Sydney Roosters), Jason Taumalolo (North Queensland Cowboys), Anthony Tupou (Cronulla Sharks), Etu Uaisele (Wyong Roos).
Coach: Charlie Tonga.

Skinner

Coach
Not a current kiwi, but a former one, Joe Galuvao

Id say his career has probably ended today, and what a sad way for him to go out, snapping an Achilles. Hard to see him getting back from that in what is most likely his final year

Can still remember him coming in back in 98 to replace Ridgey as a skinny little fullback. Hard to believe when you look at him 15 years later. Got cut from the Warriors and turned himself into a real force in the 2nd row playing a big part in a Panthers premiership, and in his later years turning into a great work horse and role model for the younger guys at Parra and Manly. A champion off the field as well

So if it is the end, well played Joe and all the best, those 2 Premiership rings were well earned

Yes, I heartedly endorse these comments. Joe was a good'un.

kos

Juniors
Yes Joey was a good un. And a Rewa boy too.
Yes amazing Warriors fullback all those years ago to a 2nd rower with Manly.
Seen him on TV couple times in interviews seemed like a lovely bloke.
Good on ya Joe all the best mate.

captainwarrior

Juniors
Sad about Joe. Was always a fan and was more than pleased to see him win the comp with Penrith then again with Manly. T'was the only bit of happiness I could get out of the 2011 GF.

ozbash

Referee
Perrett gets nod in predictable Kiwis lineup

Sam Perrett has been named on the wing for the Kiwis for Friday night's Anzac test against the Kangaroos in Canberra, getting the nod ahead of 19-year-old Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
The rest of the Kiwis squad named by coach Stephen Kearney is as expected, with the Melbourne Storm's 19-year-old Tohu Harris being named as 18th man on an extended bench.
Earlier today it was announced that Harris was the replacement for the suspended Jeremy Smith.
Tuivasa Sheck has been outstanding for his Sydney Roosters club this season but in the end the selectors decided to go with the more experienced Perrett, who plays for the under performing Canterbury Bulldogs.
There are four players in the squad with more than 20 caps to their name, Perrett (20), Issac Luke (22), Frank Pritchard (23) and captain Simon Mannering 30, while there are only two Warriors in the team that will start the test, Mannering and Johnson.
Kiwis: Josh Hoffman, Sam Perrett, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Dean Whare, Jason Nightingale, Kieran Foran, Shaun Johnson, Jesse Bromwich, Issac Luke, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Simon Mannering (c). Interchange: Elijah Taylor, Sam McKendry, Ben Matulino, Alex Green, Tohu Harris.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8556912/Perrett-gets-nod-in-predictable-Kiwis-lineup

Skinner

Coach
Not being rude, but that team would have to start now. I do wonder when we will ever start with a full team

ozbash

Referee
I see the rusty's are going to contest Smithys charge.

Too late now, I guess.

We will select a full strength team wen the NZRL grow a pair and stop the aussies selecting our sides.

spear tackle

Juniors
Anyuone see one news last night? Taylor had apparently said he would fill in for Johnson in 6 or 7 if he was unfit.It rattled me a bit
Pleased to hear Johnson say he would be taking the feild on this mornings edition

jaseg

Juniors
Wow, really? I was assuming they'd either draft Leuluai in or at the very least throw Whare into the halves and promote RTS into the 17.

Meth

Staff member
Can't see this team winning...not even sure I'll watch it. More excited about Samoa v Tonga, I think

vinnie delpino

Juniors
Anyone know why Sika Manu has chosen to play for Tonga? Surely he still had a strong chance of making the WC Kiwi side but with him changing allegiance and playing this weekend means he cant switch back to NZ for WC?

spear tackle

Juniors
Anyone know why Sika Manu has chosen to play for Tonga? Surely he still had a strong chance of making the WC Kiwi side but with him changing allegiance and playing this weekend means he cant switch back to NZ for WC?

He probably has a strong chang of making the WC kiwi squad but would be a shoe in for Tonga, I would probably go for the more promising option if I had the choice,chance etc.
Some of these PI sides are starting to make an impact they mainly need more tests.

ozbash

Referee
Ta mate .

it gets better,,

So the schedule for a big weekend of footy is:
FRIDAY:
Kangaroos v Kiwis, Canberra Stadium, live SKY Sport 2, coverage starts 9.30pm.
SATURDAY:
New South Wales Cup: Mounties v North Sydney, Centrebet Stadium, live 5.00pm, SKY Sport 2
Under-20 State of Origin: New South Wales v Queensland, Centrebet Stadium, live 7.30pm, SKY Sport 2
Test Match: Toa Samoa v Mate Ma'a Tonga, Centrebet Stadium, Penrith, live 9.30pm, SKY Sport 2
SUNDAY:
Origin: Country v City, BCU International Stadium, Coffs Harbour, live 5.00pm, SKY Sport 1
40/20: Live 7.00pm, SKY Sport 1

Last edited:

Latest posts