What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis news

My Kiwi team for Canberra would be :-

Locke; Hoffman, Sa'u, Hurrell, Nightingale; Marshall(only just though), Foran; Bromwich, Luke, Waerea-Hargreaves, Pritchard, Williams, Mannering

Interchange - Johnson, Matulino, Rapira, Taylor

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
My Kiwi team for Canberra would be :-

Locke; Hoffman, Sa'u, Hurrell, Nightingale; Marshall(only just though), Foran; Bromwich, Luke, Waerea-Hargreaves, Pritchard, Williams, Mannering

Interchange - Johnson, Matulino, Rapira, Taylor

Get rid of Sau,Pritchard and Taylor, replace with SKD, Jeremy Smith and Greg Eastwood and your looking good IMO.

Kenny-Dowall? He can't pass water, Hurrell has better hands. Smith is past it, and Pritchard has the X-Factor, plus he has a Welsh surname. Ha.

Taylor can play almost anywhere on the park, that's why I'd pick him. I'd play Beale at right centre before K-Dowall, and I'm being serious.

Scott

Bench
Bryson Goodwin is playing some good footy in the centres for Souths. Might be worth a bit of a look imo.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Goodwin, Sau or SKD would be where my centres would be coming from. Whare possibly as he is actually a centre as well, although playing FB at the mo

Don't agree with any side that has Beale, Hoffman, SKD or anyone other than a centre playing there

With another weeks action, I'd look at:

1. Hoffman
2. Nightengale
3. Winterstein
4. Whare
5. RTS
6. Benji
7. Foran
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Smith
12. Williams
13. Mannering (by default)

14.Glenn
15. Big Ben
16. Eastwood
17. Taumololo

18th. Tohu Harris

jaseg

Juniors
Locke
Nightingale
Kenny-Dowall
Goodwin
Vatuvei
Foran
Johnson
Bromwich
Luke
JWH
Mannering
SBW
Smith

Godinet/Leuluai
Matulino
Eastwood
Taumololo

There's a few positions open IMO. Foran takes the 6 no question, and Johnson gets the 7, if only in an attempt to put a fire under Marshall with the WC this year. No idea if Godinet is eligible for NZ (I think he played for Samoa previously?), but if he is then I'd have him in there - Leuluai is a good alternative on the bench. Taumololo & Eastwood just scrape in over Alex Glenn. Locke over Hoffman (form), Goodwin over Whare/Sau (goalkicking, and arguably form > Sau and actually playing left centre > Whare). Vatuvei because despite his faults he is quality and I can't think of anyone better off the top of my head. The rest pick themselves as far as I'm concerned - no explanation needed.

Warmess

Juniors
Good. On form he probably shouldn't be there anyway, but we all knew he'd be picked. Much like Blair, actually. He doesn't deserve to be there, but you know he will. Hopefully he gets done at the judiciary and can't play, because there are far more deserving players.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
clears it up to being Foran and Johnson.
With 2 of Leuluai, Luke and Godinet as hooker and utility spot should they go that route.

Abdullah

Juniors
1. hofmann - I think Locke taking too much punishment at the moment - hes brave but would prefer he rest up for the warriors
2. Nightingale
3. Winterstein - better defence that SKD
4. Glenn - good defender and has speed also
5. Vatuvei - not sure about manu but just put him in for vast experience
6. Foran - who else?
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke - Luluai off bench
10. Matulino
11. Mannering
12. Smith
13. SBW

14. Luluai
15. JWH
16. Eastwood - just edge out Sika
17. Whare - cover fullback, centre

aarrghhh...no reliable goalkicker - could make difference...maybe put Goodwin somewhere there but who to leave out? :crazy:

MKEB...

Staff member
I remember Jeremy Smith with a good goal Ratio kicking for the Kiwis.