What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis news

ozbash

Referee
The Kiwis' task of overcoming a powerful Australian side in tonight's Anzac test in Canberra just got harder with captain Simon Mannering set to be ruled out with injury.
Coach Stephen Kearney is already without the likes of Sonny Bill Williams, Benji Marshall, Jeremy Smith, Sam Kasiano and Krisnan Inu and now looks like he has lost his leader.
It's understood Mannering injured his calf in training this week and it hasn't responded quickly enough to treatment. It was due to be his first test since taking over the captaincy from Marshall and he was also due to play in the middle of the park at lock.
His absence would mean 22-year-old five-eighths Kieran Foran would captain the side tonight and raw Melbourne second-rower Tohu Harris will come into the playing 17.
Australia are already $1.10 favourites to continue a winning record in the Anzac test since 1998 and have assembled one of the best sides in their history.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10878588

TheDMC

Bench
Let's just count this test as a development game ahead of the World Cup...four of our top 5 players missing. Still, ya never know...

Cold Roses

Juniors
Yeah. Glenn definitely wouldn't look out of place as captain. I just think given time, Foran will go on to prove every bit as important to the Kiwis as Lockyer was to Australia.

TheDMC

Bench
Wow, what a half by the kiwis. Dominating through the middle, over the try line five (maybe 6 times), robbed of one try by the refs, massive completion rate. Keep it going fellas!

shiznit

Coach
after one half of footy...

IMO... Kieran Foran needs to stay as kiwis captain full time.

and i really like Simon Mannering... but i think Kieran Foran has kiwi captain written all over him.

TheDMC

Bench
Hope Johnson runs at some tired defence later in the game...Bromwich 110 meters in the first half, legend. So nice to see a NZ team not missing countless tackles (yes Warriors, I'm looking at you).

Izz

Bench
Seems to me Mr Klein went out of his way tonight to pay Australia back for being the 2008 WC final ref (his last game reffing Kangaroos v Kiwis).

At least this pic's given me some chuckles.

(stolen from funny pics thread in FFB)

50pczn.jpg

Cold Roses

Juniors
Lack of posession in the second half. Dumb errors. Warea-Hargreaves gave away what, 3 penalties in 10 minutes? Taylor was a waste of space. Stupid out the back passes going to no one reminded me of Tony Iro in his prime.

TheDMC

Bench
Jared bless him, 3 penalties for shoulder charges and a fifth tackle hold on too long penalty way out from our try-line. What exactly does he offer other than being a munter? Ref sucked.
Wonder whether Johnson was instructed to not even consider running the ball, he didn't once, just immediate passing or kicking. He seemed quite good on defense.
Some good signs for the World Cup, specially once we get $BW and Smith back. Matulino and Bromwich were awesome.

Would like to see Foran as captain, but why did he walk away after the minor vs major infringement call, stand there ask for time off and ask where the f**k that rule is in the rule book.
Only advantage is Mannering gets to do captain stuff week in week out vs Foran.
Ref ruined the shit out of the game.
Can Kearney be fined $10k?

Penrose11

Juniors
Thought Pritchard had massive game. Seemed to be everywhere. Great on attack and except for those shoulder charges, stood up in defence. Mustv played 60 minutes at least.

And that Cam Smith was up to his grubbiest best. Always has a lingering hand on the balland or just happens to have his leg trapped once again in the tackle. Got pinged early on but mustv done a dozen times after and seems to be free to do as he wants.

Latest posts