What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiwi's no chance

ozbash

Referee
reckon, old hal got the desired result.

ftr, i am a fan of young jimmy lulu's. and i agree with hiery thenry re the results v the roos. James has never let us down at home.

also, i have a bit of a soft spot for the Jones boy.... but thats another story..

Revelation 3:20 said:
Ha Ha Ha
You guys a funny, i bet the ladies love your sense of humour
(Its not what im saying at all)
you can say what ever you want, i just think is a bit blah....like ohhh the kiwis a gonna get hammered.....thanks for that chief, i'll right that tip down

I didn't realise this was a f**king tipping competition - Im simply stating what I believe, as are you, and I certainly didn't wade into this thread at the beginning and rip into people who were backing the kiwis. Just because you don't like my opinion....

And thanks for the concern, but I do fine with 'the ladies'.

Thierry Henry said:
Actually, the "realism" of some around here is bordering on negativity

Kiwis v Aussies IN NEW ZEALAND is generally pretty close to a 50/50 call and almost always a close game for the full 80 minutes

Hey look in some regards your right, but I think that it's the nature of this argument that has polarised the opposing opinions and probably stretched both view points to their extremes.

As I said, I WANT the kiwis to win, but Im not confident this time around. I believe the aussies have a stronger lineup than usual (and thats based on my high opinion of the ilk of the players they have bought in) and im not confident of some of the selections made in key positions in the kiwis.

End of the day, you have your opinion, I have mine.

And Ill be the first to congratulate those who had faith if we pull through on the weekend.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mixmasterreece said:
Hey look in some regards your right, but I think that it's the nature of this argument that has polarised the opposing opinions and probably stretched both view points to their extremes.

As I said, I WANT the kiwis to win, but Im not confident this time around. I believe the aussies have a stronger lineup than usual (and thats based on my high opinion of the ilk of the players they have bought in) and im not confident of some of the selections made in key positions in the kiwis.

End of the day, you have your opinion, I have mine.

And Ill be the first to congratulate those who had faith if we pull through on the weekend.

One of the weaker Aussie line-ups I've seen, but each to their own

Kiwis had pretty weak line-ups in 2003/04 (and even weaker in the halves) and got a win and a draw.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't think we've lost by more than 16 to Aus at home this millennium....infact probably not for more than a decade at least. Anything resembling a thrashing would be a real surprise.

Thierry Henry said:
I don't think we've lost by more than 16 to Aus at home this millennium....infact probably not for more than a decade at least. Anything resembling a thrashing would be a real surprise.

MKEB...

Staff member
Rev & Fast Eddie, I think you might find that Mix is getting himself a ticket...(as stated in a earlier post).

I am also not so confident that te Kiwis will win...but seeing as I have a ticket to the test, i think it is money well spent to cheer on te Kiwi jumper and players and hopefully win.

If we win by 1 or 50 I will be happy. If we lose and show show mana I will be happy.

I think we might lose. So does that make me a fair weather fan or a masochist.

Micistm

Bench
IMO, and I hope I'm wrong...I feel that the Kiwis will get a rogering this year from the Aussies. It's like a fresh team/new coach etc...things will take a while to gel. I think they'll be competitive on the tour though.

I hope I'm wrong and will be delighted if I am

ozbash

Referee
IMO, and I hope I'm wrong...I feel that the Kiwis will get a rogering this year from the Aussies.

one off tests, just cant get excited about them..

HAL

Juniors
g' day

i see my utter ignorant thread has trigged a half decent reponse(must be personal best) fantastic.

just finished watching wigan vs hull and i have say i've change my mind about leuluwi don't think he is ready to lead the nz just yet.

who would you guys pick for nz in the halfs ?

what happened to lance hohia i think he could develope into a classy half if they put the required time and effort.

i can't believe karl temata hasn't been selected for train on squad he'd almost be good enough to make it into the great queensland side lol

hope sonny bill recovers in time for gb tour that bloke is a inspiraton

hows ticket sales for the wellington test?,is wellington worth going to visit?

HAL said:
g' day

i see my utter ignorant thread has trigged a half decent reponse(must be personal best) fantastic.

just finished watching wigan vs hull and i have say i've change my mind about leuluwi don't think he is ready to lead the nz just yet.

what happened to lance hohia i think he could develope into a classy half if they put the required time and effort.

i can't believe karl temata hasn't been selected for train on squad he'd almost be good enough to make it into the great queensland side lol

1. Who would I select? Tough one to be honest, but most probably Chase at 6, and Smith/Roberts at 7
2. Lance Hohaia ? He's gone off the boil in recent times, but it probably hasnt been helped by the warriors using him as a utility over the past 18 months.
3. Karl Temata? Havent seen him play since he left, glad to hear he's doing well, but I always thought he was a bit of a trademan while at the warriors.
4. Sonny Bill? Wont be back for the tour.
5. Wellington? The game wont sell out but there will be a decent crowd. And yes, Wellington is worth a visit.

HAL said:
g' day

Its a sh*thole

Skinner said:
It makes me depressed :crazy:

We've been through this before Skinner, and the many reasons (mostly to do with the distinct lack of gay bath houses compared to Auckland) that Wellington makes you depressed.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Martli said:
Cool, so now you're trying to attack style and masculinity? If you can't hang with the big boys then don't even bother; this sort of reply gets you no where.

I hope the Kiwis' defence is a lot tighter than yours.

Big boys? where!
You got me all figured out have you

no

you have skewed what i am saying

your like a dog that has a pee on a lamp post thinking this is his territory

Micistm

Bench
God, who to pick for a halves combo...I have no idea. We've been spoilt for our #7s for a little while- Friend, Freeman then the almighty Jones- So to suddenly not have such a classy halfback there it's quite a shock. As for Hohoia (Or Lance, as I can never get his last name right) I don't know, the guy seems to be a bit hot and cold. When he's good he can be the matchwinner for you, when he's bad, oh Dear. A previous poster has probably been right in that the poor buggers been made to be a utility most of the time, and when he's had his chance at halfback he's been expected to have an immediate blinder.

The Warriors and the Kiwis have similiar position problems at the moment, I hope this upcoming tour gives them a chance to gel. I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised...what else can you do? When it comes to the crunch you support the generic team rather than specific players, so you watch, cheer them on and hope!

Jesbass

First Grade
HAL said:
No halves means no chance it going to be embarrsing to watch.
I hope the aussies go easy on them

0000-ken-toon.jpg

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Micistm said:
God, who to pick for a halves combo...I have no idea. We've been spoilt for our #7s for a little while- Friend, Freeman then the almighty Jones- So to suddenly not have such a classy halfback there it's quite a shock. As for Hohoia (Or Lance, as I can never get his last name right) I don't know, the guy seems to be a bit hot and cold. When he's good he can be the matchwinner for you, when he's bad, oh Dear. A previous poster has probably been right in that the poor buggers been made to be a utility most of the time, and when he's had his chance at halfback he's been expected to have an immediate blinder.

The Warriors and the Kiwis have similiar position problems at the moment, I hope this upcoming tour gives them a chance to gel. I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised...what else can you do? When it comes to the crunch you support the generic team rather than specific players, so you watch, cheer them on and hope!

Out of all the players - I no doubt think lance hohaia is the most talented all round half we half obviously he aint going to get picked this year round

but I like rangi chase - he actually reminds of friend - short, cheeky, attack minded all he needs is his aggression - that all right minded halfback should have.