What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train-on squad

mean

Juniors
Manurewa_Marlins said:
1. Perrett
2. Matai
3. Stanley
4. Mannering
5. Inu
6. Roberts
7. Chase
8. Cayless
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Luke
15. Rapira
16. Moi Moi
17. Paea

Fein is a mud australian hooker.
Kidwell is overated.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
How upsetting is that having SBW potentially missing out on end of year tour.

Im pretty much over the hype surrounding Benji, as he was suppose to be the man to take over the role Stacey Jones played for the Kiwis.

Martli

Coach
f**k, I really don't want Fein to play, not because he's an Aussie but because he's going to be useless at test level.

Good to see Sonny Bill named, but I get the feeling he wont play. Not that I have any idea how bad his injury is, it's just the way these things go...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Dissapointed not see Lee Te Maari's name in that train-on squad he had a really good season this year with the dogs. I realise he suffered an injury through the middle of the year and has only made a recovery.
He looks definately more ready for test footy - than the likes of Teo, Tuimavave and Lauaki.
During the middle of the season he looked one of the dogs best.

utai hasnt played much Fg this year but i'd rather him on the wing than SKD, Vuna or Covell. Though I wouldnt mind if none of them were selected.

Lauaki will get suspended this week - even if he doesnt I wouldnt pick him. He's too lost??

Nathan Fien will not make the test team.

Mannering doesnt deserve to be a walk-up starter for the kiwis either.

SBW is out so I would like to see the following forward pack:

8.Asotasi
9. Faiumu
10. Cayless
11. Kidwell
12. Pritchard
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Luke/Chase
15. Rapira.
16. Moimoi
17. Blair / Harrison

Bench a perfect mix of forwards for test footy:
rapira - hard working prop with plenty of heart etc.
moimoi - rampagin prop
blair/harisson - both can play prop but also have skills/pace to play in back-row.

Nice to see Vinnie Anderson make the squad and fingers crossed for Sonny Bill to be available. I know some people here don't rate him, but I'm a bit surprised to see Koopu miss out. He's been in good form for the last few weeks and I'm surprised he didn't get a spot ahead of Louie. I think there's a lot of value in a forward like him who works hard, can play 80 minutes and can even cover some backline spots pretty capably.

How has Shontayne Hape done this year anyone? He's been one of the Kiwi's best over the least couple of years.
He's been injured but played the last match for Bradford. If he's fit I'd definitely have him in the Kiwi's team. I've always rated him as a top player and it was such a shame that he left the Warriors after having 2002 out injured.

mean

Juniors
I do not want Fein in the KIWIS(aka New Zealand) team! Neither will I want to see Luck, Rovelli, Tate, Crockett, McKinnon, Witt or anyone else who we import for a couple of years get to play for our National team.

Was it Cockagin who made the comment that there was only 5 New Zealanders in the Warriors on Sunday? Even this is becoming ridiculous given the amount of key Kiwis in other NRL teams.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
mean said:
I do not want Fein in the KIWIS(aka New Zealand) team! Neither will I want to see Luck, Rovelli, Tate, Crockett, McKinnon, Witt or anyone else who we import for a couple of years get to play for our National team.

Was it Cockagin who made the comment that there was only 5 New Zealanders in the Warriors on Sunday? Even this is becoming ridiculous given the amount of key Kiwis in other NRL teams.

Yep - they are not serious about nathan fien - I bet it is just to make it look like they are considering him and saving face. Though they owe him nothing really - as he really has no future representative chances - thats unless he is part png, irish or scottish etc.

Hardout - the sad thing about the warriors is that apart from mckinnon and witts kicking all the aussies in the backline are definately average to say the least.

Only true success about the warriors this year is the development of Sam Rapira who is only behind pricey and luck as player of the year.

As for Fui - Im pretty sure if that he would choose NZ over Australia (if he does get permission) as he has previously stated.
Especially as his mate tuiaki has aligned to NZ.

Fui Fui will play for NZ. He was meant to last year for the meaningless mid year test against Great Britain but got injured.

So by that logic, you dont want Cayless or Pritchard either?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
mean said:

Yeah 5 sounds much worse than 8 so lets stick with that.

mean

Juniors
Manurewa_Marlins said:
Fui Fui will play for NZ. He was meant to last year for the meaningless mid year test against Great Britain but got injured.

So by that logic, you dont want Cayless or Pritchard either?

Logic? I didn't know that Fein's parent's were born in NZ. Fein doesn't call himself a Kiwi and if he did "how convenient."

mean said:

It shouldn't surprise you. Warriors don't know how to develop their own juniors. They sign any aussie journeyman they can get, while letting talented kids slip through thier fingers every year. I also don't want any of the Warriors sh*t aussie players trying to transform into kiwis like they were Optimus Prime. Tony Martin was the worst. Will never forget that segment on Awens time or whatever it was called, where Awen was sayin he missed a call from Bluey for test selection cos his ph messed up. Awen was like lets go to the vodafone store, to sort out a proper ph so Bluey can call me. And Martins like "yeah lets go, im expecting the same call too." FFS Martin dont flatter yourself, u arent even a first grader.

BTW if Swann passed Vs the Eels, SBW wouldnt of had to play the Eels and wouldnt of broken his arm. So blame it on that piece of knob cheese Swann.

Skinner

Coach
Bobby DIGital said:
BTW if Swann passed Vs the Eels, SBW wouldnt of had to play the Eels and wouldnt of broken his arm. So blame it on that piece of knob cheese Swann.

So bloody Logan Swann is responsible for Sonny Bill's broken arm.....jeez, that's
taking Ellerslie / Marist rivalry a bit far :crazy:

Actually.......your post wasn't too bad until that point :lol:

Skinner said:
So bloody Logan Swann is responsible for Sonny Bill's broken arm.....jeez, that's
taking Ellerslie / Marist rivalry a bit far :crazy:

Actually.......your post wasn't too bad until that point :lol:

Got to Agree your post was pretty good up to that point. However dont let your anoyance at the Warriors holding onto a despeate Swannsong get to you.

Im probably more pissed off than anyone at the idiotic descions not to snap up the juniors who stand out so early untill another club trys and gets them. I mean we were lucky to snap Russel Packer back from the Roosters. But we lost Adam Blair, Setamata Sa, Iosolia Solialo, when they were all playing on fire ! we could of nailed them all. But it took other NRL clubs signing them for us to wake up and attempt to grab them realisticly.

If I was scout for the Warriors I would of signed Mose Masoe before Ben Matulino both from Wellington. Not saying Matulino wont be a worthy signing - im sure he will. But mose was for my mind far more impressive. Half the hype on Matulino is his size. And yet Mose is bigger and I think better.

Ben Matulino goes into a tackle with two defenders bumps one off while the other
hangs on, he then gets an offload away aand plays goes upfeild by 10 - 15 metres. Ben gets a call to go to the Warriors for a mini camp try out. He gets a contract.

Mose Masoe like almost every game gets the ball in his half and rampages with and through 4 - 5 defenders breaks clear goes 40 to 60 metres up field where the cover defense manages to bring his down. The next resulting play Wellington score........................

The Warriors phones are silent............The Wellington Rugby Union calls - theres talk of Hurricanes possibilites , Still the Warriors phone is quiet , Coaches, fans scratch their heads....... All of a sudden one of Senior Warriors officials reaches for his phone.......

RING RING............

"Hello mate, just wondering how is that NQ fella doing, yeah thats right the one that got dropped from the side last year - Could be a cheap buy for us and at getting near 30 years of age, he'll bring some good experience to the team" - "Oh he's not interested ? uh uh uh .... What do we do ... QUICK QUICK THROW SOME MONEY - TATE here's $400 000 , we know you have had a history of massive injuries but the smell of money will make it better".

Ben Matulino for his 192cm and 109kg got them exciteded with his offloads.

Mose Masoe for his 191cm 115 kg rampaging, destructive prop running - and looks even impressively more Dangerous than Russel Packer slipps out and away to the rooseters on $200 000 package - when anybody who watched BC 1 year ago or junior league knew this kid was the machine. Jeepers....... geez lets sign a few more aussies.

Maybe Rovelli has a brother

The talent is all here in NZ - Dont let anyone fool you. The Warriors just have history of letting the real gems get away.

However they do have Sonny Fai and Elija Taylor keeping my hopes up. Just like Ali Lauitiiti and Iefeta Paleaesina, Clinto Toopi did once too.

Thats one thing Daniel Anderson had in spades. the ability to spot and blood new great talent.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Look on the bright side.....we got Vatuvei,Ropati,Rapira etc.

Can't expect them to sign up every promising NZ junior.

The Swann comment was purely a joke gentlemen. I conjured that one up as soon as SBW done his arm...I was copying Iafeta. I read his post the other day about Swann's non passing affecting the growth spurt RL has been experiecing in NZ. I thought i'd take it a step further LOL.

Latest posts