What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train-on squad

ozbash

Referee
I do not want Fein in the KIWIS(aka New Zealand) team! Neither will I want to see Luck, Rovelli, Tate, Crockett, McKinnon, Witt or anyone else who we import for a couple of years get to play for our National team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LeagueNut

First Grade
mean said:
I do not want Fein in the KIWIS(aka New Zealand) team! Neither will I want to see Luck, Rovelli, Tate, Crockett, McKinnon, Witt or anyone else who we import for a couple of years get to play for our National team.
Manurewa_Marlins said:
So by that logic, you dont want Cayless or Pritchard either?
The logic is COMPLETELY different. Cayless and Pritchard qualify for the Kiwis without having to use the insanely stupid three-year residency rule.

Is there any chance that the NZRL will ever see how much they are cheapening the Kiwi jersey by allowing "ring-ins" into the team??

mean

Juniors
League: Fien back in line to play for Kiwis
11:50AM Monday September 17, 2007

Hooker Nathan Fien, the centre of the "grannygate" row a year ago, was today added to the Kiwis rugby league train-on squad.

The former Queensland State of Origin hooker was ruled ineligible to play for New Zealand during last year's Tri-Nations series after already having appeared in two tests for the Kiwis.

The ruling came after it was revealed that his great-grandmother, and not his grandmother as required, was New Zealand-born.

However, Fien, 28, will be eligible to turn out for the Kiwis' next test, against Australia in Wellington on October 14, under another criterion - he has lived in Auckland for the past three years.

New Kiwis coach Gary Kemble said he had spoken to Fien and the New Zealand Warrior was keen to don the Kiwis jumper again.

Kemble did not expect any negative reaction to the Mount Isa-born Fien's inclusion in the squad.

"At the end of the day, the rules and regulations are set in place by the International Rugby League Federation and we abide by those rules," he said.

"We will select any players available under those rules if they are the best available."

For a coach who has previously played in the Kiwi jersey with pride and undoubtedly will emphasize the importance of maintaining this emphasis, he's just eroded any respect that our former greats would have had, by allowing some Australian born player who for 20 odd years has professed his allegiance as an Australian to suddenly become a Kiwi after a three year temporary residency.

Do Fein's kids tell all their classmates that they are now Kiwis even though they once thought that they were Australian?

When Fein travelled to Townsville last week, did he put on the customs visitors card under Nationality - New Zealander?

Does Brent Webb now tell everyone who he meets in the UK that he is a Kiwi?

This is desperation in order to allow some countries to manipulate the rules to win a game of rugby league. FFS it's a game of league! I'd allow some concessions if Fein wanted to join our Army.

Would Nigel Vagana play for the Fijians if he lived there for 3 years?

Would Ruben Wiki play for the Aboriginal or Australian team even though he lived in Australia for more years than he has played league here?

Craig Stanaway and Steve Kilgallon, these are the questions you should be asking Gary Kemble while he proudly displays all those Kiwi jerseys in his lounge or Fein as he greets you with a nasally sounding twang.

Anyone who thinks contrary to my view should place themselves in Fein's position and discredit everything that he believed in, experienced and once proudly sang his national anthem as an Australian.

:x

After reading this :

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

"Whoever I get picked by. If I get picked for Australia first then I'll play for them. But if New Zealand pick me first then I'll play for them.''"

I think Fui can go f**k himself. We need less of these types playing in International footy, and getting selected for an international team isn't a 'highest bidder' situation. The kiwis thrive on passion for the jersey - and for a player to be so 50/50 about which team they represents, certainly displays a lack of passion or drive for our cause.

I hope neither team selects this bum. The only time I want to see him near a kiwis jumper is when he's draped in green and gold, being driven into the dirt.

Fui you havent got what it takes to be a kiwi - piss off.

Skinner

Coach
To be perfectly honest, I don't think either side needs Fui.

He's become something of an icon at Parra, but he's no world beater.

Skinner said:
To be perfectly honest, I don't think either side needs Fui.

I dont think international football needs players of the ilk of Fui.

He opitimises everything that is wrong with the international game.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
After reading this :

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

"Whoever I get picked by. If I get picked for Australia first then I'll play for them. But if New Zealand pick me first then I'll play for them.''"

I think Fui can go f**k himself. We need less of these types playing in International footy, and getting selected for an international team isn't a 'highest bidder' situation. The kiwis thrive on passion for the jersey - and for a player to be so 50/50 about which team they represents, certainly displays a lack of passion or drive for our cause.

I hope neither team selects this bum. The only time I want to see him near a kiwis jumper is when he's draped in green and gold, being driven into the dirt.

Fui you havent got what it takes to be a kiwi - piss off.

its already a done deal from what I hear - kiwis have already told him that he is in their plans and he has pledged his alleigance.

It is an interesting situation - we all know fuifui is not the smartest of people but how dumb is he?? though he will be acting on advice from his manager.

Fuifui is 27 - probably never had a good contract yet, so what decisions he makes will be very important to him. Though dont read into to what he said to much - the fact that three teams all 'wanted' him in their team - will increase his price. With two kids back in Nz I dont blame him.
Also the same article talked about how he bullsh*ts to the media all the time??

I wont mind if they dont pick him - aussie wont pick him though. Looks like tonga might be in luck.

He aint better than Price, Civoneceva and Co.

mean

Juniors
The International board or federation need to grow some balls. Chalmers might have to step up and tell the other two nations that seem to throw their weight around when it pleases them to pull their heads in. The game should be bigger than the NRL and SL. Otherwise stay with having the tri nations as the world cup.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Geez, i was actually lookin forward to seeing Fui run out in the black and white.

Now im not so sure, he dosent seem passionate about representing our country.

Skinner

Coach
KiWi_BoI_15 said:
Geez, i was actually lookin forward to seeing Fui run out in the black and white.

Now im not so sure, he dosent seem passionate about representing our country.

or any other, for that matter.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
If, and its a big IF he somehow gets a run on with Aussie, I hope Pritchard will deal to him like

how he dealt to cutie.

Back to the Tongan squad for Fui IMO.

Iafeta

Referee
It's times like these I wish Ruben was still playing international footy in his prime.

Ruben would belt the living sh!t out of him and make him regret even suggesting not taking the opportunity to play for New Zealand. As much as his form has gone to hell, Ruben was the absolute cornerstone of what it is to be a Kiwi - that man had real mana and real pride in being a Kiwi. He wouldn't have thought twice about playing for Australia, even though he was definitely good enough to do it. Origin is a state game, playing for New Zealand was where it was at for him.

Fui can go f**k himself to be perfectly honest. I hope he turns out for Australia and he gets "Kidwelled".

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
mean_maori_mean said:
It is an interesting situation - we all know fuifui is not the smartest of people but how dumb is he??

Funny you say that, one of my workmates girlfriends is good mates with Fui's missus, and in my workmate's words "the bloke can hardly string a sentence together". So yeah I'd say it's pretty much the case that he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed!

Taniwha

Juniors
I do not want Fein in the KIWIS

I dont see why we even need him. He didnt go that great this season and we have Luke, Tony and Faiumu to cover that possy. even hohaia.

Taniwha

Juniors
Funny you say that, one of my workmates girlfriends is good mates with Fui's missus, and in my workmate's words "the bloke can hardly string a sentence together".

He is pretty fresh but u don't need to be a scholar to play league. By the way Fui's missus is HOT!