What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis vs Kangas - SPOILERS

As an Aussie myself, it pisses me off when this happens. We want an international game, yet the powers to be (ARL) only have self-interest in mind. How can an Australian ref not show bias when doing an Australian game. They can't, it's impossible not to be bias, and it showed.

i full agree i stopped watching cricket cause it got so boring it wasnt funny cause the aussies were winning all the time why watch the world cup even if aussies are gonna dominate like this :(

all wek u here about how good the game is gonna be and how close but u need a 1,6,7,9 too win anything and nz or england just dont have that

NPK

Bench
An excerpt from a foxsports article with 2 errors...who can spot both of them? :cool:

ignorant journo said:
"Hunt was left prone on his back after appearing to fall slightly into Pritchard whose shoulder collected him in the head.
He was ferried off the field on the medicab visibly ill.
Referee Ashley Klein put Pritchard on report for the tackle.
Reports from the dressing room later suggested Hunt had recovered although it's unlikely he'll back up for the Broncos against Newcastle tomorrow."

Stevo_G

Juniors
what a pity such great build up for the test match then this flogging, kiwis looked hopeless out there

Garts

Bench
Ryles/Bailey, thats it I think. Ryles was no loss imo, prolly a gain for us.

And Mini of course

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Oooh okay, so Mini was the only one really. Ryles was no loss as you put it, and Bailey hasnt played much footy.

Shaping up for a good tri-nations when you consider the Johns and Kennedy factors wont be there, and most likely the Beaver. And when you consider we will have the likes of Volcano, Vatuvei, Hape, Jones, Wiki, Ali and others to come on board, with the taste of this harsh defeat should make for a good revenge seeker.

Though i will give credit where credit is due, the Kangas looked great today, made for some grade A entertainment, even if my team was on the back end of the hiding.

Well played aussies, cant wait for the TN!

Matterhorn

Juniors
Remember some teams get a score like that in the NRL & still win the grand final.

It is how the Tri Nations goes is the real lithmus test for the Kiwis........

Carlito

Juniors
I'd just like to say everything Matt King touched today turned to sh*t. That's what happens when you pick on reputation rather than form.

Other than that an incredible performance by the entire aussie team. Joey MOTM but lockyer mason and BK all came close. Best game I've seen from lockyer in a while too, really looks alot more comfortable at FB.

Garts

Bench
Pretty much full strength we were tonight.

If the Kiwis have a proper half (ie Jones) the tri nations will be very close.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just looked at the score 50-12, I dont think that score does the game justice IMO, but I think you've got to give credit to the Australian team they played outstanding. Theres been games in the past where Australia have won the game easy, but tonight they got through the big hits from the Kiwis, and physical forwards up front and absolutely dominated. They hardly made a mistake.

Andrew Johns is certainly going to be missed for Australia. Joey youve been magnificiant in the Green and Gold, thanks for the 11 years youve played for Australia, you never let the jersey down and played 100% every time. As well as BK, good kick at goal too.:D

Look I still think the International game is alive and this game doesnt do it too much damage. New Zealand play with a lot of passion and tonight wasnt their night, they didnt have their best forward in Wiki and best playmaker in Jones. If they played it probably wouldve been a lot tighter.

The build up to the game was great, the haka, the national anthem. It felt great when you heard the whole crowd sing the Aussie national anthem, and to that little girl who sung for her father Gary battling cancer, she sung well, I had a tear in my eye when I heard she was singing for her father, I dont think he'd be a prouder father. :clap: :clap:

Im lookin forward to the Tri Nations, no doubt New Zealand will be keen to come back. McLennan is a good coach, and if New Zealand are full strength will be hard to beat.

ledzep

Bench
Tahu's an idiot
What was he thinking with that tap back?
Kiwis barely had the ball at all in the second half

strewth_mate

Bench
Might have some big implications with regards to Queensland selections now Thurston and Lockyer have taken the field with Lockyer at fullback. It'll say a bit about the selection process if we see a similar arrangement come Origin time because one half of football tonight probably shouldn't have anything to do with Origin selection. But in a way, Hunt getting snapped might end up being the best thing to happen to Thurston.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
wow Hunt was amazing tonight. The way he protected the line and quickly submitted when being attacked on the line was first class. Also Lockyer at fullback was also amazing. Man, i bet that raised many eyebrows.

A few points from the game:

* Pritchard was unlucky. He made no attempt to hit Hunt high ( he fell into it), but was penalised and it changed the match. Very stupid IMO.

* Hunt was amazing and showed he deserved to be picked.

* Lockyer was even better. Man he is amazing.

* Topou was great fo NZ, and had some big hits (3 in a row! Well done!) I mean, you only look as good as the players around you, and he saved lots of tries and great hits. again, well done!

And does anyone know if Hunt will play this weekend? If he does not i feel our chances ( my team, Brisbane!) may be a bit dimmer. He is really is amazing and i want him to play. Any word?

Hey Razor remember that poll thread entitled 'Who is the current Australian captain' and you voted for Andrew Johns but said you voted for Darren Lockyer? Until you found out the poll was public and everyone could see who you voted for, making you look like a complete idiot?