What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knight Bennett set to wield the axe

Mr Fourex

Bench
You can forget having to fit Gidley in anywhere.

He'll be the first one shown the door when Wayne takes over.

Apey

Staff member
Last edited:

Mr48Volts

Juniors
Ennis a tool, he's been found wanting at rep level and he's an absolute grub, De Gois under Wayne would be a much better option.

otori

Juniors
Ciraldo and McDonnell need to go. The others I could stand us signing on absolute minimum wage but that's it. These two boys would not get contracts at other clubs and there's a good reason for that.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Centres off contract in 2012

Justin Hodges
Joseph Tomane
Clinton Toopi
Dean Whare
Joel Moon
Ash Graham
Timana Tahu
Chris Hicks
Justin Carney
Phil Graham
Kane Linnett
Geoff Daniela

If Likiliki doesn't work out, I would sign Tomane or Carney in a heartbeat. Whare wouldn't be a bad option either. Don't really want Hodges, not worth the price.

Sau should be re-signed. 250k is fair for a NZ International even if he is inconsistent. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bennett can do with him and hopefully can improve his game.

Alex28

Coach
Sau and Gidley are better options in the Centres than any of those bar Hodges who would want crazy money any way. Will Chambers is an interesting option though...

aqua_duck

Coach
Bennett won't be able to improve Sau much, Sau just can't set up his winger, if he still can't pass a football after 23 years, no amount of coaching wizardry will help that. What Bennett can do though is identify a talented younger player and help him realise his potential through the right mentoring, he's not god, he can't teach you something you haven't been able to learn for 23 years

RABK

Referee
It will be interesting to see what Bennett makes of Henry, O'Donnell, Cook, Sims, Likiliki and Morseu. Whilst it's fun naming sides with new, big name players in it the fact is that completely undermines the excellent junior recruitment we have recently done. IMO we have future rep stars in that list.

I'd be estatic to sign Boyd and Snowden whilst Bird would also be tremendous addition. But i'd be immensely more satisfied if it were the names on that list becoming premiership winners rather than Ennis, Hodges, Chambers, Bird etc.

No better man than WB to take them to that level. 4 years is an age in league. See 2001 knights to 2005 knights lol

Last edited:

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Michael Ennis denies plans to leave Bulldogs NRL club

MICHAEL Ennis is expected to scotch talk of a potential move to Newcastle by publicly confirming his commitment to Canterbury today.

Ennis, who hails from Newcastle, was linked with a return to the Knights next season, where he would have been reunited with his former coach at Brisbane, Wayne Bennett.
However, Bulldogs officials have privately denied Ennis will leave and the NSW hooker - who signed a three-year extension last month which ties him to the Bulldogs until the end of 2014 - is expected to reaffirm his commitment to the club.
With Ennis off limits, Newcastle officials are expected to finalise a deal with their current hooker Isaac de Gois. The Australian understands the Knights were down the track with de Gois, but the deal was unable to be finalised because of the Tinkler takeover.
The club is also expected to finalise deals with Cronulla prop Kade Snowden and St George Illawarra fullback Darius Boyd in coming weeks.

I'd like to think so, as i obviously want to keep Ike. But anything and everything is speculation at the moment.

Silent Knight

First Grade
We can expect more of this. You watch the media and every player manager out there link their client to our club over the coming months. Most of it will be unfounded rubbish and we'll be used as a leveraging tool to jack up the asking price for off-contract players. Or to sell more newspapers.

Apey

Staff member
That would be awesome, really, I'd be very happy to hear that.

Even if we end up losing De Gois, I'd rather Gidley moved there than signing Ennis for our team...

perverse

Referee
It will be interesting to see what Bennett makes of Henry, O'Donnell, Cook, Sims, Likiliki and Morseu. Whilst it's fun naming sides with new, big name players in it the fact is that completely undermines the excellent junior recruitment we have recently done. IMO we have future rep stars in that list.

I'd be estatic to sign Boyd and Snowden whilst Bird would also be tremendous addition. But i'd be immensely more satisfied if it were the names on that list becoming premiership winners rather than Ennis, Hodges, Chambers, Bird etc.

No better man than WB to take them to that level. 4 years is an age in league. See 2001 knights to 2005 knights lol
agreed on all points.
We can expect more of this. You watch the media and every player manager out there link their client to our club over the coming months. Most of it will be unfounded rubbish and we'll be used as a leveraging tool to jack up the asking price for off-contract players. Or to sell more newspapers.
absolutely correct. welcome to the big time... we're going to have to adapt to being linked to every player on the market in the papers. we're not used to it, but it's the way it's going to be from now on. grains of salt need to be distributed liberally.

RABK

Referee
If Ike wasn't sealed and Bennett didn't want him he'd never be re-signed. WB would already have laid down his plan to tsg on recruitment/retention so i'm sure that all developments are WB stamped.