What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knight Of The Year 2013

Jono078

Referee
I'll get this in a bit earlier than I said, looks like voting is done for 2013.

Firstly, thanks for everyone who voted. I enjoy keeping tabs on this and hopefully you return next year and some new members have their say. Every vote counts!

Let's get to the results;

Total number of votes: 428
Total number of points given out: 2546

Most points in a single game
Jarrod Mullen, Round 3 - 64 points

Runner Ups;
Darius Boyd, Round 1 - 54 points
Tyrone Roberts, Semi Final - 51 points
James McManus, Round 6 - 49 points

They put their hands up
There have been 3 different players that have lead this leaderboard throughout the season;

Darius Boyd, Jarrod Mullen and Kade Snowden

Team of the year (based on points)
1 Darius Boyd
2 James McManus
3 Dane Gagai
4 Joey Leilua
5 Akuila Uate
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Tyrone Roberts
8 Kade Snowden
9 Danny Buderus
10 Willie Mason
11 Beau Scott
12 Robbie Rochow
13 Jeremy Smith
--
14 Kurt Gidley
15 Chris Houston
16 Adam Cuthbertson
17 Alex McKinnon

KNIGHT OF THE YEAR 2013

Ranking Player Overall
28 Zane Tetevano 2
27 Neville Costigan 2
26 Travis Waddell 4
25 Adam Clydsdale 5
24 Josh Mantellato 7
23 Timana Tahu 7
22 Matt Hilder 8
21 Korbin Sims 13
20 Kevin Naiqama 18
19 David Fa'alogo 20
18 Craig Gower 21
17 Alex McKinnon 45
16 Adam Cuthbertson 53
15 Chris Houston 77
14 Kurt Gidley 79
13 Willie Mason 91
12 Joey Leilua 97
11 Danny Buderus 99

10 Dane Gagai 100

9 Jeremy Smith 125

8 Akuila Uate 129

7 Tyrone Roberts 150

6 Robbie Rochow 167

5 James McManus 173

4 Beau Scott 175

3 Darius Boyd 186

2 Kade Snowden 328

1 Jarrod Mullen 365

NRL+Second+Semi+Final+Storm+v+Knights+f8dPpE44z5dl.jpg

Well done to Mullen for winning KOTY for the second consecutive year and his 3rd since 2009!

Should be noted that Snowden was leading before his suspension. So well done to him on an awesome season too.

I've attached the full points distribution below. The ones marked in Gold, Silver and Bronze were the top 3 for that week and I also gave each of those a 3-2-1 based on that, and that tally looks like this;

Kade Snowden 28.5
Jarrod Mullen 22
Robbie Rochow 15
Beau Scott 14
Darius Boyd 13
James McManus 9
Jeremy Smith 8
Akuila Uate 7
Tyrone Roberts 7
Joey Leilua 7
Dane Gagai 6.5
Chris Houston 5.5
Danny Buderus 5
Willie Mason 4
Kurt Gidley 3
Adam Cuthbertson 2
Kevin Naiqama 2
Alex McKinnon 1
Korbin Sims 1
Adam Clydesdale 0.5
Craig Gower 0.5
Josh Mantellato 0.5

Thanks guys, who's going to win it next year? :D

Attachments

• KOTY2013.jpg
    KOTY2013.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Thanks.

Well done to Kade and Mullo. Whilst i think others shined brighter at times we wouldn't have been anywhere near finals football without their consistent efforts throughout the year.

Matt23

Staff member
Snowy might not poll as well next season with the addition of Packer, Mullo would have to be considered favorite again next season, Darius might be the dark horse

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I'm going to say Clydesdale and our centres will be the big leapers next year.

I'm sure this has been brought up on previous seasons but do you send this to the knights? It might not be much but I'm sure guys like mullo would get a kick out of knowing what the fans have voted for.

RABK

Referee
Crusade use to present an award for it at presentation night i think.

macavity

Referee
Crusade use to present an award for it at presentation night i think.

Used to and it was very well received.

Then the new regime took over and they weren't interested in what the fans thought.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I remember a few years back macavity said it would be presented some way to them.

Probably won't be seen by them now by the sounds of it.

timka4

Bench
Nice work with this, must get more involved with the KOTW voting next season. Snowden has done very well with his suspensions and I think injury early in the year? Think he might of pipped Mullen had he not missed 'x' amount of weeks.

But go mullen!

Rod

Bench
Kind of puts the quality of the Dally M's in perspective when Snowy didn't even make our top 5 players in that. He even got less points than Mason who got 4. I don't even know if he got a single point.....

Knight Vision

First Grade
Kind of puts the quality of the Dally M's in perspective when Snowy didn't even make our top 5 players in that. He even got less points than Mason who got 4. I don't even know if he got a single point.....
Personally I think the Dally M's are more a popularity contest

Yep, and honestly, your everyday fan has a better understanding of the game than some journo.

But you also have to consider that dally ms are a 3,2,1 for all players on ground not just the knights.

RHCP

Bench
Dally Ms are a massive wank. They would give Cam Smith an award for wiping his arse.

Well deserved Mullo. I think Kade would have won it if not for his suspension. Surprised Darius was third, the consensus for 2013 seems to be disappointment. But when he's good, he's very good, so he'd poll well in those games.

Not sure who will be the big movers next season.

Big Tim

First Grade
Makes for interesting reading.

2 players who polarised opinions here, Snowy and Darius, polled 2nd and 3rd.

Also note that 3 of the top 5 were Bennett buys, and 6 of the top 10 (I included Rochow in this count.)

perverse

Referee
People don't really criticize him for his ability or anything he's particularly doing wrong on the field. His attitude is horrendous sometimes, and he doesn't provide the level of effort his paycheque demands on a regular basis.

Mostly, he's a peaheart. He's not holding us back as much as he's not putting his hand up to pull us forward, and that's frustrating from a marquee signing.

People don't really criticize him for his ability or anything he's particularly doing wrong on the field. His attitude is horrendous sometimes, and he doesn't provide the level of effort his paycheque demands on a regular basis.

Mostly, he's a peaheart. He's not holding us back as much as he's not putting his hand up to pull us forward, and that's frustrating from a marquee signing.

I agree with this to some extent. I'll give him leeway for playing with what I've heard is an injury.

Latest posts