What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 2021/22 Off-Season

aqua_duck

Coach
Crossland can defend at lock but I wonder what threat he will offer with ball in hand. In attack, he is the opposite of Connor Watson. Good techincially but zero dynamism...

The best teams have a star in 13. We will have a borderline first grader who is really a half. Not much confidence in the club at the moment.
Yeh agreed and he doesn't look like he's got the frame to really get much bigger and certainly doesn't possess the mongrel of someone like Radley. I wouldn't mind perhaps converting Simi Sasagi into that role, much bigger frame, much more dynamic ball runner and enough ball playing ability to be able to play that lineman role, defence will need to improve but I think you're working with a much better canvas than Crossland

slotmachine

First Grade
Crossland is not doing his career any favours sticking around, everything in the past two seasons has pointed towards the club not rating him as a half and this lock experiment must have a huge chance of failure. He'll be playing in the local comp if it doesn't work out.

If he was getting a top 30 deal as a backup half at the Broncos he should have taken it

aqua_duck

Coach
Crossland is not doing his career any favours sticking around, everything in the past two seasons has pointed towards the club not rating him as a half and this lock experiment must have a huge chance of failure. He'll be playing in the local comp if it doesn't work out.

If he was getting a top 30 deal as a backup half at the Broncos he should have taken it
Agreed, I think more than anything the chance to develop in Q cup would've been great for him too

Jono078

Referee
Thought I'd post this here as well. I have an NRL simulator I've been working on and just started doing some YouTube videos for fun. This one is what if a prime Andrew Johns played for us this year? How far could he take us?

Happy off-season.

ryana87

Juniors
Round 1 will be vs Roosters

Obviously trying to set up a Watson vs ponga "blockbuster"

Couldn't have asked for a harder match up really with all the players they will have returning from injury trying to prove a point

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It’s also good because the players and staff can all focus on footy and not have that as a distraction which it has been for a few clubs already.

Jono078

Referee
I think LU news is suggesting we play the Tigers in round 2.

Makes things interesting if Brooks is here!

aqua_duck

Coach
No offence to anyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated, but I’m glad our players and staff have decided to all get done.
To me it's not even about that, it's about not missing anyone because of any covid protocols and having anyone be unavailable for interstate away games.

Latest posts