What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Jersey Flegg Grand Final Team

Risa

Bench
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=975&zoneid=1

Knights Jersey Flegg Grand Final Team

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v PENRITH AT TELSTRA STADIUM
2.00PM SUNDAY, 1 OCTOBER 2006
JERSEY FLEGG
Coach: Rip Taylor
  1. Sam Wooden
  2. Akuila Uate
  3. Stephen Gordon
  4. Callan Richardson
  5. Jonathon Wright
  6. Scott Dureau
  7. Luke Walsh
  8. Tim Natusch
  9. Terence Seu Seu
  10. Kade Snowden
  11. Jacob Ling
  12. Cory Paterson
  13. Jon Tupou
INTERCHANGE
  1. Hanan Laban
  2. Larry Taufua
  3. Simon Allen
  4. Matthew Cooper
  5. Hayden Jeans

roopy

Referee
A very impressive group of young footballers who have done us proud all season.

Sam Wooden has added speed to his undoubted skill at broken field running.

Aku has gone from a kid with no idea about how to get involved to a kid who wants the ball all the time.

Gordo had a slow start to the season, but has equalled, or even surpassed his wonderful season last year.

Callan is just pure class and continues his stellar junior career.

Jon was impressive from his very first trial game in Knights colours and has really worked on using his size to become a powerful kick returner.

Scotty is a hot dog - but we love him.

Luke is the little master

Snowy has been our rock all season

Terrence stepped up to fill a gap in the side and has proven to be a fantastic clubman and a really promising hooker (who would have thought).

Timmy has earnt everyone respect for his wholehearted efforts every game.

Cory has been the biggest improver - and he was already a rep player.

Jacob is a metre eater forward who is getting bigger and better every game.

Jon is the Billy Peden of Flegg - he works and works till he should drop - then works a bit more.

Big H bangs it up like no one else

Larry must be a sight coming off the bench when the small props go off.

Simon is all class and will be our main man next season

Coops would start in any other side in Flegg

Hayden is the future of our forward pack.

Unlucky to the other guys like Hlad, Schillings, McCosker, Paranthione, Hardman, Bowe and others who have got us to the finals.

knights9

Juniors
Its a great team. I would be disspointed if they lost since they are the our only team in the grand final and because they have done so well to get there.

Ben

Bench
It would be hard to watch if we do lose but all is not gone for the season. We have unearthed a great team that will dominate First Grade in a couple of years.

Fantastic team, and one that will do us very proud.

A mention has to go to Warren Schilling, who is missing the GF thru suspension. He played no small part in getting us to the big dance, with a commanding physical display against the Dragons on Sunday. I'm sure he will have chances in the future.

Flegg usually do have a judiciary, but Kade wasn't mentioned in the paper today so I'm guessing he either got off or took an early plea...

Misanthrope

Staff member
It says a lot about our junior depth that the likes of Hardman and Hlad aren't even able to crack a start. Regardless of the outcome, I think our future is in very good hands.

Big Tim

First Grade
Heard on the radio today that Cooper comes into the side to replace Schilling.

Dont know if he is actually in the 17 or an insurance player.

roopy

Referee
eelavation said:
what do you guys think of Jonathon Wright I believed he may of signed for Parra.
Bugga - I hope he isn't the first of many.
He is a huge guy for a winger.
He isn't as fast as he might be as a winger, but still pretty fast.
He reads the play very well and pulls in a lot of intercepts with his huge wingspan fooling a lot of guys throwing passes.
Being well over 6' and not skinny he is a powerful kick returner - but he does have the same problem Lote Tuqiri had in that he finds it a bit hard to stop and turn around if someone kicks behind him.

He isn't our best back - but he has a future - maybe not on the wing (he also plays centre and fullback.)

Stagger eel

Staff member
roopy said:
Bugga - I hope he isn't the first of many.
He is a huge guy for a winger.
He isn't as fast as he might be as a winger, but still pretty fast.
He reads the play very well and pulls in a lot of intercepts with his huge wingspan fooling a lot of guys throwing passes.
Being well over 6' and not skinny he is a powerful kick returner - but he does have the same problem Lote Tuqiri had in that he finds it a bit hard to stop and turn around if someone kicks behind him.

He isn't our best back - but he has a future - maybe not on the wing (he also plays centre and fullback.)

future forward you think???

roopy

Referee
eelavation said:
future forward you think???
He could be if he wanted to be.
I think fullback might be his go in the short term.
No one out jumps him, and he returns the ball well and reads the play well.

~bedsy~

First Grade
roopy said:
Aku has gone from a kid with no idea about how to get involved to a kid who wants the ball all the time.
I love watching him play, I think he could have a big future.

Big Tim

First Grade
Swampy said:
eelavation your biggest problem is that Rip Taylor is going to your club.

Why is that a problem for the Eels??????

Its a problem for the Knights!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Swampy said:
eelavation your biggest problem is that Rip Taylor is going to your club.

yeah, hate to have a bloke who's just taken his young chargers to a grand final :roll:

btw, I closely monitored Rip at the semi final last week and i found him to be very calm in an extremely tense situation...and the pull he has on his players and staff around him is amazing.

whether his methods are prehistoric or not doesn't really matter, I think at the end of the day he'll bring experiance and knowledge that not many lower grade coach's have.

Swampy

Juniors
Time will tell I suppose.eelavation will Rip Taylor inherit a strong PL team?Or are you prepared to say that he could do the same job as Jason Taylor and develop players into a strong team.I suppose it raises another question.Do you consider that Parramatta hasn't lost anything in as far as coaching ability goes for the Parramatta club.Also who would you prefer?

Latest posts