What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Cogger is more a 7 than a 6 so if any change to those positions let’s consider Crosslands 6 and Cogger 7 against his GF teammates. Jones R 14 with Hastings to Cup to meet up with best friend Pryce.
Armstrong to stay 1 and Maps posistion to be considered, DSaf injured replaced by Croker
Nope. Cogger is the worst player in the squad. Doesn't matter what number you put on him, when he touches the ball, the attack dies. He looks flustered every time he gets it on 5th. When he does get a kick away it's not good either. He is a net negative to the team.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I don't think we have the luxury of picking Pryce's game apart anymore. Conditions are that dire in our halves that someone at the club must be thinking it's worth a roll of the dice. Yes, he has flaws in his game, but you can't teach the way he moves with the ball in hand and our halves have to change.

I can understand people looking at his hot and cold form in Cup (in a very shitty team i might add) and getting the ick with him. I don't have an argument against that other than some kids can rise to the occasion when it's put in front of them, and we are very desperate.

We know what we get from Cogger (less than nothing), but we don't know what we get from Pryce yet. High chance it falls flat, but it's really the only shot we have left to shoot right now.
I'm all aboard this. Put him in first grade, surround him with some better talent and let's see how he goes. Cogger can't play first grade again unless Hastings, Phoenix and Gamble are all hurt.

Woody90

Juniors
Pryce wasn’t too bad in NSW Cup yesterday from what I saw. Set up a try off a kick and another through the hands. Not saying he’ll be able to in FG but our current halves had zero assists last night.

I’d give him a run next to Hastings who can literally just organise. I think he’s shot but he’s a better organiser than Cogger who I think people forget got a couple of starts at 7 this year and was terrible.

The other option is start Crossland at 6 and Pryce at 14 then ease him off the bench and move Phoenix to the middle which is better for him.

Woody90

Juniors
Cogger is more a 7 than a 6 so if any change to those positions let’s consider Crosslands 6 and Cogger 7 against his GF teammates. Jones R 14 with Hastings to Cup to meet up with best friend Pryce.
Armstrong to stay 1 and Maps posistion to be considered, DSaf injured replaced by Croker

Coggers already had a couple of runs at 7 this year and was terrible.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
All this said, if you caught the presser last night it sounds like Pryce getting a run soon is about as likely as Cogger becoming a competent half.

perverse

Referee
Why is everyone losing their minds over Cogger when he ran rings around Hastings last night?
I dunno about ran rings around... but I just think he's a shitter player overall. However, i'm happy to see the back of either or both of them in any particular order. Jackson has at least shown he can go out there and do a job if there's other playmakers making things happen around him. Cogger can't even do that. Cogger happened to be wearing a 6 on his back last night as well, and that's the position I would throw Pryce into.

But yeah like, if you want to drop Hastings and put Cogger at 7 too, it's like... yeah whatever ok. Sure why not. Neither of them are worth defending.

Apey

Staff member
Why is everyone losing their minds over Cogger when he ran rings around Hastings last night?
lol yeah I didn't want to be the one to say it but he wasn't in the same stratosphere of shitness as Hastings yesterday. We know Hastings can do better though, well, maybe he can't any more, but he could last year.

Woody90

Juniors
All this said, if you caught the presser last night it sounds like Pryce getting a run soon is about as likely as Cogger becoming a competent half.

Definitely expecting Cogger and Hastings will both get picked for the next game as despite the halves being bad all year, we were 4 wins on the trot before last night and I reckon all of the side will get a chance to turn it around.

If it’s another game of zero try assists though I don’t see how AOB can justify not making a change there.

Apey

Staff member
You can't drop Hastings even though he was awful. Like perverse said, the only possible option really is Pryce and he's a 6 and Cogger is a dud so that's the only real possibility.

I shudder to say I'd almost take Crossland in the halves right now.

Yosh

Coach
Cam Pryce kick the ball long? I just want to see us put in some good kicks for once.

slotmachine

First Grade
Cogger should have had two try assists last night actually running at the line and passing/offloading, but Hastings and Lucas both dropped the pill.

Anyway not much to be done about it other than whinging cause it's not getting better any time soon.

PhilGould

Bench
Both are amongst our best prospects, Evah probably #1 among the girls. She’s an athletic freak, so strong, agile and quick for a back-rower with a violent fend. On an NRLW development contract but wouldn’t surprise if she gets a debut later in the season.

Jermaine has had a bit of a quieter year but still great size and ball skills for a back-rower, needs to learn when to use the size and when to use the ball which should come with time.

PhilGould

Bench

Evah taking advantage of some flimsy defence. Been a bit of a walkover but all 3 Knights girls have had strong games.

Originally Jermaine was the only Knight in the 17 for the boys game but both Cody Hopwood and Connor Votano have been late additions from the extended squad, Hopwood starting at lock and Votano on the bench.

McEwen #11
Hopwood #19
Votano #18

Yosh

Coach

Evah taking advantage of some flimsy defence. Been a bit of a walkover but all 3 Knights girls have had strong games.

Originally Jermaine was the only Knight in the 17 for the boys game but both Cody Hopwood and Connor Votano have been late additions from the extended squad, Hopwood starting at lock and Votano on the bench.

McEwen #11
Hopwood #19
Votano #18

How did they do?

aqua_duck

Coach
All the knights players for mens and women’s had strong games. For the women Lilly-Anne white played fullback and had a solid game, great defence and good kick returns, very similar in terms of build and running style to Tamika Upton, Evah McEwen scored a great try and looked hard to put down, was not as easy for her to get into the game as most of the blues attack went down the right side as the halfback Kasey Rey was playing down that side and was able to do what she wanted against the Qlders. Evie Jones came off the bench in the utility/bench dummy half role, set up a great try taking off from dummy half on the last tackle, making a break and putting a support player over.
For the men all the boys played big minutes, hopwood was supposed to be extended bench but brought into the starting side as Blake Steep got called into first grade for the roosters, McEwen played the full game and Votano played pretty much the full game at left wing after Jesse McLean got a HIA early on. Hopwood is big, rangy middle/prop who looked really lanky and skinny compared to some of his team mates but he’s listed as 196cm and 106kg so I’d imagine once he fills out will be around that 115kg mark. The blues had possibly the biggest prop rotation I’ve ever seen with 3 gigantic props last night in Seve who’s 191cm 124kg, Pasifiki Tonga who’s 196cm and 121kg and Tuivati who’s 191cm and 118kg so compared to them Hopwood liked comparatively undersized. McEwen is a solidly built unit with decent mobility and aggressive, I think if he learns to utilise all his attributes he can be a very handy backrower. Votano came on as left wing and was marking Israel Leota who’s a regular Q cup player and was 18th man for the broncos last week and I thought more than held his own. He’s scored a good try off a kick and then set up the match winner off a misplaced kick which he managed to tap back in to Chevvy Stewart who then set up Matt Arthur. Israel Leota is a really highly rated prospect at Brisbane who’s not far off first grade and is older and listed at 190cm and 101kg and I thought Votano got the better of him despite playing out of position

PhilGould

Bench
I would throw Cody Hopwood in among the best, but you could name a starting 13 out of the legitimate NRL prospects in our juniors at the moment. Not all of them will work out and some will leave before we get to see but we're in a better place with juniors than we have been for a long time. O'Sullivan's biggest strength has been junior scouting as well so should get even stronger over the next few years.

Latest posts