What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights seek to get Seu Seu back

Burwood

Bench
Here's a conspiracy theory for everyone. Why was a player of Seu Seu's calibre not signed up to an NRL/ESL team on a 2-3 year contract, and has instead been running around in a 3rd grade comp?? Newcastle obviously wanted to keep him, but were afraid to be seen taking the soft approach to player discipline. Result- 'sack' him for 12 months on the understanding that he will be back in the squad once his time has been served.

Pika

Bench
I wasn't happy that they sacked him, I know he stuffed up but I think they should have treated him similar to the way Parra treated Tim Smith, give him some help first. Anyway that's just my opinion.

I was very disappointed that he left so I would be happy if he came back, everybody deserves a few chances.

How many chances?

Spike

First Grade
He was involved in an alleged? assault prior to the drink driving incident. That was his second chance. If he turns out a better player/person from this dose of reality from playing park football for peanuts than credit to him. Make him prove that he is worth another chance before just handing one back to him.

Johns Magic

Referee
He's free to sign for any NRL club he wants, I don't see why Newcastle under their new management can't be one of those clubs. He broke the law, and the law applies to all clubs, not just us. As far as I'm concerned it's a police matter. If he goes and plays for the Sharks in the NRL and goes on to be one of the top hookers in the comp we'll all look back on sacking him and ask ourselves what the hell the point of it was if he could just move on to the next club and carry on. The only one that suffers in that situation is Newcastle.

If he hasn't learned from being sacked and in the NRL wilderness for an entire season then he never will.

MC DUI

Juniors
How many chances?

Well personally I don't even see how it's an issue for the club, if you get done for drink driving would your work place fire you?

And in terms of chances a couple is fine with me, he is young.

perverse

Referee
the issue isn't with the drink driving... the issue is that the club took a stand, gave terence his 3 warnings and he still f**ked up - thusly was sacked - and now we're doing a complete backflip because it looks like it's going to backfire on us. it's a pissweak stance from the club. absolutely f**king spineless. i agree that we're the only losers in the situation, but as i said in an earlier post - the NRL should be involved in some capacity with issues such as this.

Johns Magic

Referee
the issue isn't with the drink driving... the issue is that the club took a stand, gave terence his 3 warnings and he still f**ked up - thusly was sacked - and now we're doing a complete backflip because it looks like it's going to backfire on us. it's a pissweak stance from the club. absolutely f**king spineless. i agree that we're the only losers in the situation, but as i said in an earlier post - the NRL should be involved in some capacity with issues such as this.

What the hell should the NRL say?

"Terrence broke the law, and whilst the law applies to players fom all clubs, the only club he can't play for any more is Newcastle"?

perverse

Referee
What the hell should the NRL say?

"Terrence broke the law, and whilst the law applies to players fom all clubs, the only club he can't play for any more is Newcastle"?
i believe the term is "bringing the game into disrepute".

look i don't agree with what constitutes acceptable footballer behaviour either - it's not the crime itself i have any problem with. it's the fact that the club took a hardline approach to an issue and is backing down from that. when we sacked terence i thought maybe the club had grown some balls.

and no - if the nrl were to get involved with such cases it would have to be a ban from playing for any club for x amount of time... but i think you already knew what i meant. i'm pretty sure i went through it in this thread already... but maybe i wasn't clear.

MC DUI

Juniors

look i don't agree with what constitutes acceptable footballer behaviour either - it's not the crime itself i have any problem with. it's the fact that the club took a hardline approach to an issue and is backing down from that. when we sacked terence i thought maybe the club had grown some balls.

I suppose I agree with you there taking a stance and then backing down is pretty pissweak, but I disagree with the original stance.

Johns Magic

Referee

and no - if the nrl were to get involved with such cases it would have to be a ban from playing for any club for x amount of time... but i think you already knew what i meant. i'm pretty sure i went through it in this thread already... but maybe i wasn't clear.

I agree, either the NRL bans him, or he's free to sign for any club, including Newcastle.

keeney

First Grade

Agree entirely. Sure we lose out, but the clubs stance has been made, we can't go back on that. It makes us look as nepotistic and ridiculous as always.

Latest posts