What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Broncos ~ Post Match Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Great win for you guys and one of the best matches of the year.

Hope ya enjoy the 2 points.

What a game!!!! My heart skipped so many beats I was so scared Broncos were gonna score... Mind you, we did have alot of oppurtinties to score again at the end. At least we won.

Mr Saab

Referee
Both teams had things go against them, but thats life. Brisbane did ok minus a halfback most of the game.

Ghoulies

Bench
I thought that apparent high tackle was a bit iffy; but still, I can't really say Newcastle weren't the better team.

Congratulations.

Rod

Bench
Great win. Extremely satisfying that we managed to get a close win against a top team. Most of the guys were very good, a couple of brain explosions probably meant we didn't put more points on them.

Alex28

Coach
Wow...what a great game!

Man...we toughed it out in the second half. We took some dumb options in attack at times and defence went out the window early in the second half to let the Broncos back in the game - at 24-14 we were in control only to let the Broncos back in the game.

To those who don't want Brian Carney in the club - he saved our arses today. Was outstanding in attack and pretty solid in defence. Matt Gidley had a great game as well - took some big hits from Tupou but gave Carney some great ball.

But they really stuck it out when in previous times they would have lost games like that - they have become much more disciplined late in the game. It was quite impressive.

I can't see how Kurt Gidley has this reputation of being a good player. He missed a very very easy tackle (he didn't even get to touch him) to let in a try early in the second half, and the long pass to Quinn into the sun was just a really dumb play which wasn't necessary.

Ang anyone saying Jarrod Mullen isn't ready for the NRL - just watch that tackle he put on Shane Webcke. He's more than ready.

Well done boys :)

chinorocks

Juniors
What a game...when Hodges put that kick over with about 5 to go I had a flashback to Matt Bowen...I nearly sh*t my pants. What a win, both teams we're out on their feet at the end.

Joeys defence today was the best I've seen it in 2 or 3 years...he picked up Thaiday twice and Webcke 3 times and dumped them on their back. He didn't havge his best game with the ball in hand, but his defence was absolutely inspirational.

Carney was MUCH better in attack but still ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL in defence. Came bolting off his wing leaving 2 players unmarked on at least 2 of Brisbane's trys.

According to the radio Flegg and Premmy both got up by massive margins so what a great day!!!!

Serc

First Grade
Just saw the Crusade on Ch 9 Brisbane! Go the Crusade! (trying not to look at the posts above :p)

chinorocks

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
I thought that apparent high tackle was a bit iffy; but still, I can't really say Newcastle weren't the better team.

Congratulations.

True that wasn't a great call...however the call where Eastwood knocked on the kick off in goal that didn't get called lead to 2 Broncos trys without us touching the ball...could have been a MASSIVE turning point.

All I'm saying is both teams had calls go against them.

Johns Magic

Referee
Thought Carmont had a cracker of a match, crucial tackles left, right and centre, kept Hodges quiet.

Stay on your wing Carney you dipsh*t.

Johns was big defensively.

Smith with another stalwart performance, what a legend.

If Seage just got a big injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it all away. Almost as sad as the Sophie Delezio story.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah great game, both teams should be happy for their teams.

Yeah I agree there were a few bad calls.

eg. Forward pass to Carney, Lockyer's "high" tackle and Tate's pick-up and a few soft penalties at crucial stages. However I still thought it was a great game, such a rollercoaster and those are the sort of League matches I've missed from my team.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns Magic said:
If Seage just got a big injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it all away. Almost as sad as the Sophie Delezio story.

Seage could break his leg 3 times and it wouldnt come close to Sophie.

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
To those who don't want Brian Carney in the club - he saved our arses today. Was outstanding in attack and pretty solid in defence. Matt Gidley had a great game as well - took some big hits from Tupou but gave Carney some great ball.

Ang anyone saying Jarrod Mullen isn't ready for the NRL - just watch that tackle he put on Shane Webcke. He's more than ready.

Firstly, didn't you see Tame Tupou score two tries with Carney not even in the picture? They threw it to him all day for a reason.

Secondly, which tackle? The one where he stuck out an arm and waited for the rest of the defence to come in? Hardly "putting it on Webcke".

chinorocks

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Yeah great game, both teams should be happy for their teams.

Yeah I agree there were a few bad calls.

eg. Forward pass to Carney, Lockyer's "high" tackle and Tate's pick-up and a few soft penalties at crucial stages. However I still thought it was a great game, such a rollercoaster and those are the sort of League matches I've missed from my team.

Agree on all of those calls. How the referee and the touch judges missed the Tate knock on I'll never know...

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah I absolutely loved the game.
I was gonna give Kidley a wrap for his game in attack today. His defence was a bit off, and that pass to Quinn could have been better, although it it'd come off it would have been a brilliant try, but I think he played really well otherwise in attack.
Carney played really well in attack but came in off his wing a few times which led to the first two tries from Brisbane.
Quite a few pushed passes that weren't needed which led to turnovers.
But all in all, a great game to watch, on the edge of my seat, and glad to come away with the 2 points.

Kazaf

Juniors
rock_on_knights said:
What a game!!!! My heart skipped so many beats I was so scared Broncos were gonna score... Mind you, we did have alot of oppurtinties to score again at the end. At least we won.

Same with me, with 3 minutes remaining and the ball on the Bronco's posession I was afraid they might score.

Alex28

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Firstly, didn't you see Tame Tupou score two tries with Carney not even in the picture? They threw it to him all day for a reason.

Secondly, which tackle? The one where he stuck out an arm and waited for the rest of the defence to come in? Hardly "putting it on Webcke".
Tupou kept moving in off his wing in attack as well. He's bloody massive - I never realised the guy was that big. I see your point but he wasn't as bad as he has been in previous weeks.

Mullen put a front on tackle on Webcke with about 10 to go - it certainly wasn't "sticking his arm out".

Latest posts