What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Broncos ~ Post Match Discussion

jamesgould

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
Seage had a thumb injury, It looked bad, as he was under the posts and the doctor had him and told him to look the other way while he put it back in place. I think this is why he said so much trouble catching fairly simple balls.

He was carried off late in the game though, and looked in agony! It wasn't anything to do with his finger.

As for Carney, he need to hang back heaps more. Coming up is good in some situations, but he is overcommiting himself! He ended up turning around and running in the Broncos backline for one of the tries. Chances are he isn't going to stop a pass - he's too short, they'll throw it over his head, so he might as well hang back. He'll probably have the hang of it by the time he's off to the Gold Coast!

Alex28 said:
To those who don't want Brian Carney in the club - he saved our arses today. Was outstanding in attack and pretty solid in defence. Matt Gidley had a great game as well - took some big hits from Tupou but gave Carney some great ball.

Alex he looked excellent in attack but still substandard in defence, he let in two try's by simply comming in off his wing. Positionally his very average.

Attack is only half the game and any winger could have finished his try's.

That said if he can improve his defence then he'll be an assett.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
A pretty patchy performance by the boys I thought. The defence at stages was absolutely diabolical, in particular the lead up to Lockyer's try under the posts. What was doing there? Its good to see that the boys aren't really playing that well, but are still getting the points. I think that the Cowboys game took a lot more out of them then people are giving it credit for. Simmo was sensational backing up from the test, made about a thousand tackles and looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

Lowrie I thought was very good off the bench, as was Riley Brown and Luke Davico. I just wish the boys would learn to settle down when they're in a tight contest, they like throwing the ball around harlem-globetrotters style, no matter what the score is. Riley Brown's flick pass was one example of that. Brian Carney, had one of his better games, but still comes in off his wing too often for my liking.

antonius

Coach
I thought Carney was outstanding from dummy half, he made some great runs, the first try on his side however was diabolical, he came in so far there were three unmarked Broncos outside him. The second one on his side he appeared to come up too far. I thought Newton was great, two off-loads that resulted in tries, his first one a gem for Seage to score. He and Simmo tackled their butts off. Kidley had his best game for ages complimented Johns perfectly. Great stepping try by Brown, and he should've gotten another, what he was thinking with the flick pass only he knows. We were soft in the middle at times, the break by McGuire up the middle was abysmal defence by our forwards, they all stood there watching him as he went through. Davico showed signs of the value he's going to be for us, I thought he was strong. Both teams ran out of puff with twenty to go, only the penalty in the last twenty saved us. I'm still trying to see the high shot from Webcke? However the two Knock ons from Eastwood (in goal from kick off) and the one from Tait evened it up a little. Cracker game, real nail biter.

Ben

Bench
He was carried off late in the game though, and looked in agony! It wasn't anything to do with his finger.
Earlier in the match Lockyer put a grubber in behind the line and when Seage batted it over the sideline he dislocated his finger.

Rod

Bench
antonius said:
I'm still trying to see the high shot from Webcke?

Are you talking about the one which Johns kicked to put us ahead 32-30? If so I think it was Lockyer.

antonius

Coach
Rod said:
Are you talking about the one which Johns kicked to put us ahead 32-30? If so I think it was Lockyer.
That's the one, the commentry kept saying it was Webcke, I've replayed that part over and over and really cannot see anything from anyone, when it was first awarded I thought it must've been the ref playing advantage for an inside the ten.

Big Tim

First Grade
Ben said:
Earlier in the match Lockyer put a grubber in behind the line and when Seage batted it over the sideline he dislocated his finger.

JamesGould was right, however he did have a hand injury early in the game.

Late in the second he went down on halfway with what looked like cramp. The trainer stretched it and put his leg down like it was ok, then Seage screamed at him, tried to stretch it again, saw that we had just kicked the ball downfield, then he and another medic carried him off. Hopefully it was just really bad cramp, if not I would love to see Hinton in first grade next week however unlikely.