What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Broncos - Post Match Thread

Adsy

Juniors
gould was spot on about brisbane pushing our markers backwards to give ennis room. i think it was hannant or eastwood grabbing crossys leg and going for a dance with it too. it just seems that any tiny little thing we do in the ruck, we're pinged for it, and we don't get the same courtesy the other way.

Are you talking about the figure 4 leg lock that was put on Cross late in the game?

That was a f*cking joke. If a Knight did that they would have got 10 in the bin.

Serc

First Grade
Watched the post match press conference and Smithy looked pretty cranky, obviously Simmo was a bit on the unhappy side too. Forgetting all the other things that weren't so good, our gameplan was not suited to the damp conditions. Which is damn unlucky because most games at Suncorp each season are just like EAS last week, dry, warm with a less dew than down south.

Yosh

Coach
Was hard to watch the game... Brisbane looked a whole class above us... Hopefully next year we will start being one of the top teams of the comp... Think I'll start thinking of some predictions for 09 already HEHE

Knightmare

Coach
Brisbane never sealed the match until Simpson was gone. You have to remember they got a big roll-on off the back of Archer.

Stained_Class

Juniors
Boo hoo.

You got hammered by the better team and you know it. Excuses after excuses won't change a thing. See ya next year. :D

otori

Juniors
Lol I bought a new Knights jersey for this game. Not happy. You should've seen the ribbing I got from my mates who were all wearing Broncos shirts. Although there were a suprising amount of Knights jerseys

Serc

First Grade
Dunno if anyone else has mentioned it - but they gave Bedsy a pretty decent little tribute at the end of the Broncos game too, because it would've been his last game in the NRL. Talked him up quite a bit and the best part was the crowd actually cheered pretty loudly! I expected lots of boos, maybe if it was Johns there might have been boos instead :p

Perhaps they realise up here that Bedsy has meant as much to the Knights and NSW as Lockyer does to the Broncos and QLD!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I noticed that too and was pleasantly surprised. Still got a few boos though :(

voltron

Juniors
man i couldnt even watch the entire game
just left after simmo got sent off....
cuz we just didnt look like doing anything that game....
sigh

yeah i heard about the bedsy tribute
im glad for him
=D

doggone

Juniors
Never in the race. Too many negatives against Knights 40,000 odd crowd, Ref? Conditions. Broncos slow game. Flat after Melbourne game.

Petty good effort till Simpson went off.

Summary 2008 not a bad year. Lots of positives.

Latest posts