What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Broncos @ Suncorp * WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Tams

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Who do you give it to? Newton? Perry? Woolnough? Doogs?

I don't think so...Mullo was the only real choice.
I get your point Alex - and as I said before, nothing against Mullo - and from all I've read and heard of the game he played his butt off so he deserved it. Just voicing what I'm sure a lot of people (mainly supporters of other teams, I'm sure) are thinking. Again, I've no doubt he's ready for that step - he's years ahead of his age in the way he plays the game and he's really stepping up as a leader in the team at the ripe old age of 20. Puts us in good stead for the years to come.

keeney

First Grade
Gordon missed 9 tackles and made 7. I'd show him the door...by way of a gun out the back. Kid didn't even attempt a bunch of tackles.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
You guys will bounce back. You'll still make the top 4. I can sympathise though - my 27th birthday in 2000 I sat and watched Melbourne put 70 on us. Chin up guys. You're FAR from gone for the season - unlike us.

Alex28

Coach
Tams said:
I get your point Alex - and as I said before, nothing against Mullo - and from all I've read and heard of the game he played his butt off so he deserved it. Just voicing what I'm sure a lot of people (mainly supporters of other teams, I'm sure) are thinking. Again, I've no doubt he's ready for that step - he's years ahead of his age in the way he plays the game and he's really stepping up as a leader in the team at the ripe old age of 20. Puts us in good stead for the years to come.
There wasn't anyone else out there capable of leading a team around! I mean look how directionless they were once he went off - not only in attack (mostly because he was the only one out there attacking) but also in defence (there was no defence. At all.).

There were maybe half a dozen guys out there having a go and the rest absolute passengers.

Dave Q

Coach
The Bronco mascot drugged your gatorade.

Been here last year.

Just a freak result, even their ball boys scored.

Forget about it, I know it hurts, I'm sure you'll bounce back.

fred_knight

Juniors
who is the defence coach, we always have one of the worst defences in the comp...shouldnt we be addressing that as well, i know we had a depleted team, but 70+ points is ridiculous in the NRL. We hardly had any blokes with passion out there either, it hurts to watch...

Serc

First Grade
Well I don't have much to say:

Point 1: -100 (-107 to be exact)

Point 2: I wasted $35 and 5 hours of my time to watch a bunch of gutless wonders not even attempt to have a go for most of the match.

Spent most of the first half sitting 30m away from Tighe and McManus and if I have to see Tighe in FG one more game I will injure someone!!! McManus on the other hand is 100% worthy of his spot and I hope he continues his great efforts in FG. Other mention goes to Patto who made a number of great runs and a bunch of top tackles as well!

You could see after the first minutes of the 2nd half that they had given up, hell when Vuna made 2 steps towards Tate and then let him run by with a pissy hand stretched out effort it said it all for me.

To date I have watched 4 Knights games with 4 losses - I guess we're going to lose against the Titans in a few weeks given I'll be there too :p

Thanks for embarrasing me and everyone else that turned up fellas. Was a fairly decent turnout of red and blue jerseys out there today I must say.

Pumba

First Grade
keeney said:
Gordon missed 9 tackles and made 7. I'd show him the door...by way of a gun out the back. Kid didn't even attempt a bunch of tackles.

Agree 100% he could have attempted to tackle Tonie Carroll he just doesn't know OR doesnt want to put his body on the line.

stevo

Juniors
It was embarassing to be there Daveserc. I was ready to jump over the fence and slap some bloody sense into one of them. I reckon i could have hit Newton in the head with a water bottle in the first half we were that close too him. Deadset we barely seen the ball down our end in the second half.

It is a real shame because we did have good turn up of supporters there today. Pity the players didn't turn up. Us guys in Brissy have been waiting since 04 for the boys to return. After todays effort maybe they should have just stayed at home.

RABK

Referee
I met Lucas Neil last night Stevo, very nice guy and even shouted me and my friends a round of drinks at astral bar at Star City.

That will probably just make your day worse though won't it.

stevo

Juniors
i hate you RBK!!!

Yopu could have atleast have told him to come to Brissy. I'm going to go cry now.....

IanG

Coach
I can describe today's performace in one word. "Embarrasing" Our worst ever defeat. I wouldn't mind us getting beaten if they were putting in the effort, but that was a cake walk for Brisbane today. I hope Smithy gave all a real bollocking after the game.

Sure it's unfortunate that we were missing a number of key players through injury, but there was simply no excuse for that performance.