What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Manly Post match discussion...

Parki

Bench
Sack Simpkins and Cecchin.

f**ken oath..... referees should be held accountable. What if that was a grand final? gimme a f**ken break.... thats the 2nd time that Simpkins has ruined a bloody good game of football. If i was Hagan id be putting in a request that we DONT get either of them for the rest of the bloody year..... if it costs 15,000 to single out a ref, do it. It worked for Nathan Brown, Steve Clark is nowhere near the Dogs/Dragons game today is he?

antonius

Coach
Whats Doing said:
Ben said:
Kidley wasn't at lock. It was certainly Newton because he fixed up his bleeding nose and got straight back in to lock the scrum. As a matter of fact i didn't even see Kidley at all and i wouldn't have been surprised if he was defending on the blind side.

Newton was lock, Thaiday was in the first defenders position and Kidley was in the second defenders position. As I have said previously, fullbacks generally do not defend in the 1st defenders position these days and particular when they are not that big.

If Newton was in the locks position because he was the last man there, then the coach needs to ensure that this never happens again. The locks role in such a vital position on the field is paramount - not just who ever wants to do it. One slip up at this end of the field (which happened) and its try time. There is no space to recover.
Watched the replay again this morning, and yes it was Newton at lock, and Kidley who should've been where Thaiday was, was standing out in the centres. Just on the poor decisions, what about Quinns no Knock-on, that was as a good a knock on as you'll ever see, and he got away with it LOL. He was facing the Manly line, and the ball went forward off his hands even though Quinn was backpeddling. I've seen Knock ons given when the player is facing his own line and the balls been propelled towards it, in fact that's the norm, I was pleasantly surprised he got away with that because we would've been under it again.

thuganomics

Coach
Only thing that really annoys me at the moment is that even if we do win the next 2 matches we won't have the chance to play one of the top teams again. We won't get that game of finals proportions before the finals actually do start.

My pick is that we finish 5th and take on the Eels at Parramatta.

Bicey_18

Bench
As long as we get a 2nd shot at the finals I dont really care where we finish.. 6th would do me, i mean storm and bulldogs at home will win their semi final games... so we would be safe...

thuganomics

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
As long as we get a 2nd shot at the finals I dont really care where we finish.. 6th would do me, i mean storm and bulldogs at home will win their semi final games... so we would be safe...

Fans of the Dragons were saying that in 2004. Dogs lost to the Cowboys and Broncos lost to the Storm and the 5th place finishing Dragons got eliminated in the first week.

thuganomics

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
but really.... can you see melbourne being beaten at home as well as Bulldogs? I cant

That's exactly my point though. Anything can happen on any given day. Absolutly nobody gave the Cowboys a chance to knock of the Dogs in 04 and they did. A team like the Raiders could knock of the Dogs in the first week, you just never know.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And if we play Parra at Parra in week one, then we can go there, beat them and shut all the Parra fans up who think they're gonna win the comp :D

antbytes

Juniors
thuganomics said:
I'm not to angry about the loss. I think we might be better suited not finishing top 4, our home record this year is pretty appaling.

Well done to Woolnough and Perry though. Great stuff.

Not going to bother commenting on the Ref.

Best comments so far. I think having one red eye and one blue eye is clouding judgements.

A bad call 30 secs from time isn't the reason we lost when we were behind at the time.

On the positive side, we're looking good for semies. Forwards are looking strong still about to hit their straps. Need to get better ball to the centres though - Kidley will make it on experience but I have to agree, Mullen and Bailey both offer a better combination.

It's better to lose now then in October !

PS Broncos are in front v Storm - could this be the bubble bursting ? If Broncs start winning they'll be hard to stop !

CJKnight

Juniors
Storm
Bulldogs
Eels
Knights
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Raiders

Expect spots 3-5 to be decided on F/A only.

Latest posts