What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Manly Post match discussion...

gumbi

Juniors
Paul Simpkins is the crappiest ref ever......

But.......we had our chances. Made some stupid errors.

Other then that, very happy with defensive effort. Attack is still a little off.

Positive though ladies and gents is that grand finals are never won in August. We can learn, grow and improve from this.

Perry & Woolnough were excellent. Johns played well for the first and last 10 mins. Abraham was good. Side looked better with Bailey out there rather then Kidley.

Thaiday is bipolar at the moment.

~Z~

Juniors
Thaiday was lacking big time IMO, which had a big impact, but quinn made up for it. Carmont gave me the $%^$'s to, he always runs it to close to the line, hes gotta understand that he aint strong enough and gets owned 90% of the time and goes out.

Ben

Bench
I thought we would struggle up front with both Smith and Davico missing. But suprisingly the forwards really got the game going for us. We were continually rolling over the advantage line and i was simply amazed at how much effort Perry and Woolnough put in. I would be really pissed off after that much work and determination to end on such a ridiculous moment by the referee and touch judge.

I'll probably post some more football related posts later because i'm just so pissed off. So close to punching my TV but then i got a flashback of what happened to my hand after the Cowboys extra time loss involving BK.

And what was the penalty count by the end of the game? I'm not sure if we got a penalty other than the Kite high tackle in the second half and that came in the 77th minute.

gumbi

Juniors
Thought Carmont went alright.

You really notice when Kidley is out there, he seems to have this great abillity to give crap ball to his centres, rather then throw the ball into a gap and wait for them to run onto it.

Carmont looked great when Johns is feeding him, but looks ordinary when Kidley is at 2nd receiver.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Ben said:
I thought we would struggle up front with both Smith and Davico missing. But suprisingly the forwards really got the game going for us. We were continually rolling over the advantage line and i was simply amazed at how much effort Perry and Woolnough put in. I would be really pissed off after that much work and determination to end on such a ridiculous moment by the referee and touch judge.

I'll probably post some more football related posts later because i'm just so pissed off. So close to punching my TV but then i got a flashback of what happened to my hand after the Cowboys extra time loss involving BK.

And what was the penalty count by the end of the game? I'm not sure if we got a penalty other than the Kite high tackle in the second half and that came in the 77th minute.

Count was 9-6 to Manly. Simpkins doesn't know what home town advantage means!

Ben

Bench
gumbi said:
Thought Carmont went alright.

You really notice when Kidley is out there, he seems to have this great abillity to give crap ball to his centres, rather then throw the ball into a gap and wait for them to run onto it.

Carmont looked great when Johns is feeding him, but looks ordinary when Kidley is at 2nd receiver.
I picked up on this too. Kidley was very ordinary with delivering quality ball to his outside men. When Kidley went off and Bailey came on, I thought he even performed better than Kidley in the short stint that he had.

gumbi

Juniors
Ben said:
I picked up on this too. Kidley was very ordinary with delivering quality ball to his outside men. When Kidley went off and Bailey came on, I thought he even performed better than Kidley in the short stint that he had.

Totally agree.....side looked a lot better when Bailey was out there.

chinorocks

Juniors
How long was Bailey out there for?? Seemed like 3 minutes. What a joke we we're robbed.

How did the ref and the touch judge miss the knock on by Steven Bell in the lead up to Orfords try??? It was clear as f*cking day.

How did the ref and touch judge miss the obviously deliberate knock down by Matai with am minute to go???

How did we not get a penalty between the 20th and 77th minutes? Despite Manlys markers being not square in 75% of the play the balls?

That refereeing perfomance was dead set joke Simpkins should be in reserve grade next week for sure. I know we dropped alot of ball, and Thaiday and the Gidley bros bombed at least 5 trys between them, but god damnit we should have won that game.

Kudos to Perry, Wooly and Reyno who we're absolutely outstanding in a losing side. Incidently does anyone know why reyno was off for so long, he was on fire for the first 15 minutes and then Hages gave him a massive spell? Is he hurt, or do we just have the WORST coach in history???

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Captain_Fred said:
Big, big, BIG wraps to our starting props, Perry and Woolnough. Take a look at their stats:

Perry:
17 hit-ups
167 metres
1 line break
40 tackles
1 missed tackle
1 error
1 try

Woolnough
19 hit-ups
201 metres
25 tackles
1 missed tackle
1 off-load

Outstanding efforts from both of them. They both certainly answered the call when Smith and Davico we're ruled out.

They both had great games. If we had davico and smith I couldn;t see us losing.

Schillaci

Juniors
Nothing like a bunch of poor losers :roll:

You lot were unlucky but I feel the better side won tonight. Good luck in the finals guys.

Yosh

Coach
how funny was it when thaiday was through, midley following. then he tried to pass, midley knocks on. thaiday doesnt know, tries to run out of the way, but the ball kept following him in arc. i had such a good laugh, some of the funnies sh*t i have ever seen

Dutchy

Immortal
knights have always been biased sooks.

What about Robbo and Matai being taken out - obvious try chance
What about Quinns knock on

Y dont you blame King Joey for kicking so bad

Dave Q

Coach
Just dropped in here to thank you for the damage done to Manly before they meet my beloved unbeatable bunnies.

But that decision at the end was just about the worst call Ive ever seen in a football match in 20 years. A shocker, an absolute horror, a stupendous blunder of enormous proportions.

As Gould said, it didnt cost you the match but it took away your opportunity to win the game.

You may have blown it, but at least you would have controlled your destiny.

Johnsy lost it and he shouldve known that the ref was never going to change his decision. But on this occasion, in all of the circumstances, his conduct and that of the brilliant irishman was understandable.

It soundly wrecked an otherwise exciting contest. The entire game was binned.

The NRL owe you guys an apology and maybe a sympathy point. They should be alarmed. This sort of thing, well Its bad for the game. Nobody wants to see this again. A remedy is now due and payable to you.

Good luck for the finals fellas. May you beat Manly somewhere therein and duly put right this wrong.

I expect I speak for most fans and even the fair dinkim Manly ones cant be happy by winning a game like this.

Super Sub

Juniors
A bad goal-kick from johns and a good one from Orford was the only difference guys, lets not raise hell about it.

I know that was a crap decision at the end but seriously, if we can comfortably say that a decision like that cost us the game then we should be quite happy to say that we didn't deserve to win it. The decision was big I know but still, there was like 30 seconds left on the clock and if we didn't have the game tied up by that point in time then realistically we can't have played well enough.

Really the silly penalties that we gave away were what killed us, at least 3 times in that game we gave them a piggy-back out of their own half with someone holding down too long etc etc.

I was more impressed with our defence when on a couple of occasions during the game we held them out for like three sets of six at a time.

The majority of our team was firing tonight i thought, Midley was having a blinder and Carney and Quinn made some serious metres. Perry and Woolnough both played their best games all year i thought.

There was only a couple of players that I wasn't so impressed with tonight... Kidley has been out for 6 weeks and didn't play all that well funnily enough, but my concern is Thaiday, he really played badly tonight I thought. He never really looked particularly dangerous and even when he split the sea-eagles in half with that line break he made a terrible decision which blew an opportunity. I know he made a good pass for Gidley to score but I give more credit to Gids than Thaiday for that try because he really cracked the line open with that run.

Lets not riot about it, we have a couple more games to get back on our feet and then a handy 2 free points from the bye.

p.s. IF WE ARE ALL GOING TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME ON THE REFS FOR ONE BAD CALL THEN LETS FACE THE FACT THAT JOEY ONLY KICKED 1/3 TONIGHT AND WE LOST BY 2 POINTS!

Dave Q

Coach
Perhaps the other less exciting thing from the Knights was a disposition to one-out play.

A tad too much at times perhaps?

But nonetheless, it was still a poor decision mind you and the entire match was forthrightly and unashamedly, binned.

The NRL should be fair dinkum and Hagan should not get a fine for anything he says about the ref!

The ref knows he blew it by now, and on a personal level, I hope he's OK.

thuganomics

Coach
I'm not to angry about the loss. I think we might be better suited not finishing top 4, our home record this year is pretty appaling.

Well done to Woolnough and Perry though. Great stuff.

Not going to bother commenting on the Ref.

~Z~

Juniors
scottyj said:
Y dont you blame King Joey for kicking so bad

y dont you shut up and let us discuss the match, instead of trying to harrass people for expressing their veiws. As for being bias, it is a knights forum, id love to see yours if you lost like we did. :roll:

reginald.p

Juniors
I Think our best is still to come. Big wraps on Perry and Woolnough, but way too many errors again. We could get away with it against the sharks but not Manly.

They need to improve there fitness as well if they are serious about winning the comp.

Latest posts