What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Roosters post match thread...

Jono078

Referee
32-18 to Knights atm with around 10 to go..

Shame we let the Roosters get the last 2 tries as we could of been 3rd.. Heres hoping we score a couple more tries to grab 3rd position.

cram

Bench
Ok according to the nrl ladder Manly are + 26. We were +15 and won the game by 14 so that points us on +29.

I think we are third?

Jono078

Referee
We are 4th.. If we kept them on 12 points we would of been 3rd.. Very dissapointing the second half by the sounds of things.

cram

Bench
ok i thought the score between broncos and raiders was different.

Again poor defence costs us the rewards...happy with the win but disappointed with the second half loss.

Risa

Bench
Great first half but seriously what did Hages say at half-time? We just fell asleep as per usual.

I just actually got back, gotta love living near the stadium!

Alex28

Coach
First 60 minutes was pretty outstanding - best performance in over 3 months at least. I can forgive the final 20 - and the difference between being 3rd and 4th now doesn't matter - it's where we are in 4 weeks that matters.

There was some outstanding efforts today - Johns was brilliant this afternoon, and I haven't seen him as fired up as he was today in a long long time. The front row deserves a great rap - all made great metres with minimal errors. Bailey did a great job at 5/8 - I had my doubts when selected but did a fair job. Riley Brown was great when he came on the field as well.

The real positives was some solid games from players coming back from injury - I thought Thaiday played pretty decent today and is showing some glimpses of his form before he was injured. Abraham had a pretty good game today as well - looking good for next year hopefully.

Solid performance all in all :)

cram

Bench
True about the difference between 3 and 4 doesnt matter now but the points conceded may make a big difference in when the time for the final countdown comes.

Alex28

Coach
If we beat the Eagles then they wont worry us for 4th - their run into the finals is tough. The Broncos have nothing - they could be lucky to make the 8 at this rate.

It's all falling into place for us - we can have 3rd if we really want it. It's up to the boys to make sure of it though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Loved watching Carney chase down a flying Ryan Cross. Deadset, he'd be close to the fastest player in the competition.

Stranger

Coach
Take out his line break i thought thiaday was absolutely rubbish today TBH. Dropped balls, hardly ran at the line, didnt do much/any tackling.

Very impressed with Bailey, even Brown did some good kicks :lol:

thuganomics

Coach
Was happy with Thaiday today. Made some of those runs that he was making earlier in the season and is gaining confidence. Just seems to always make some simple mistakes like trying to collect a ball with one hand or letting the high ball bounce etc...

roopy

Referee
Thaiday was poor at the back - but he was up in the line looking to attack much more this game.
I still say he would be a better 5/8 than fullback - and other teams will work him out soon.

Alex28

Coach
To be fair he did that before he was injured. We tended to tolerate it for what he offered in attack...

northey

First Grade
good first half
ordinary second half

had to laugh at carney ripping cross' undies :D

wow we are in the top four now!

K-Man

Bench
Overall it was a great win, despite the typically slack secnd half performance.

I thought some of the key aspects to come from the game were:

1. Best performance by the front row rotation since we demolished Bulldogs and Dragons early in the year. Woolnough, Perry and Davico were outstanding. They hit the line so hard every time, it makes you wonder why they are not always that enthusiastic. Wooly in particular was stepping and off-loading like Asotasi!

2. Johns back to his best, nothing more to be said. If he and Danny play every game, winning the competition is not out of the question.

3. Probably Riley Brown's best performance in first grade. He was heavily involved and seemed to enjoy being an important part of the team with no Mullen or Kidley playing. I think he deserves to keep his bench position.

4. Bailey will make a better lock than 10 Reegan Tanners. He's pretty mobile and skilful and although not very big, he is no less of a physical presence than Tanner.

5. Abraham was starting to find his feet in the second half, hope he keeps it up.

It was very obvious the players were fired up from the start today which was great to see. But why can't they find this commitment and desire more often? Having lost 8 in a row to the Roosters should not have to make all the difference. I expect to see the forwards play exactly the same way in every game for the rest of the season.

Wasnt it good to beat the roosters!!!..even tho they were the luckiest team in the comp NOt having to play against Johns in there lil run of 8.we killed them off for this year.
Dont know what the solution is to the second half sleeps..remember at 24-0 at half time any team is going to want to do better in the second half.bit of pride..still a little mongrel from us to kill off teams wouldnt go astray at all.@ tries quickly after half time should be the goal

Ben

Bench
Well we lost the second half but i'm not too concerned. We still have to give credit for the Roosters defence in the Second half. Stuart must've really ripped into them during the half-time break and that got them going. If only Hagan would do this sometimes when the boys are struggling.

Really happy with a couple of players from that game, especially Chris Bailey. He can play in the backrow, centres, and also has some ball-playing skills which means he is a very good makeshift five-eighth. We should've judge players from one performance, but that game showed to me that he is potentially a better five-eight than Kidley. Riley Brown also had his best game to date in first grade.

Brown and Bailey seem to work pretty well together despite both of them being ball-running five-eighths. Both have very good short kicking games and will provide extra options close to the line.

Imagine having the ball ten metres out on the last tackle. Johns standing on the left, Mullen on the right. With Bailey standing outside Johns and Brown standing outside Mullen. That gives us four kicking options and is practically impossible for the fullback to be the first man to the ball.