What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Roosters Trial Result

1999: Newcastle 41 Def Manly 18
2000: Northern Eagles 24 Def Newcastle 14
2001: Northern Eagles 12 Def Newcastle 10
2002: Newcastle 38 Def Northern Eagles 12
2003: Newcastle 36 Def New Zealand Warriors 26

Sportsjock

Juniors
Jaime_Koeppe_Is_Hot said:
1999: Newcastle 41 Def Manly 18
2000: Northern Eagles 24 Def Newcastle 14
2001: Northern Eagles 12 Def Newcastle 10
2002: Newcastle 38 Def Northern Eagles 12
2003: Newcastle 36 Def New Zealand Warriors 26

Well lets go to NTH QLD every year shall we :lol: :lol:

Sportsjock. What a familiar name. Have you made millions with ur singing career yet? I still want that signed album :lol:

gaterooze

Bench
antonius said:
Riley Brown scored two tries in yesterdays game.

That means Reegan Tanner kicked the conversion on one of his tries? I had no idea Tanner was a kicker! That's cool.

Kaz

junior
Sportsjock said:
Doubt I will be around too much with the sisters now being mods and all :lol: ;-)

:lol:

You could post in the West Tigers forum, I don't post in your teams forum. :D

roopy

Referee
antonius said:
Riley Brown scored two tries in yesterdays game.
I'd still love to know what position he played?

In attack it doesn't matter where they name him because as a lock or a centre he will run at the opposition centres - but in defence he looks lost at centre - or did last season.

gaterooze

Bench
I think they shifted Riley out to the centres when Salkeld was injured (Richardson seemed to be on the wing a lot).

roopy

Referee
gaterooze said:
I think they shifted Riley out to the centres when Salkeld was injured (Richardson seemed to be on the wing a lot).
That is what they were using him for in Premier League last year, so it looks like he is a young centre now.
He sure knows his way to the tryline, and i'm sure he will learn to move up with the line in defence.

When I got home last night and heard the score I was VERY surprised and delighted.Seems like the hard training has payed off and the coaching staff are on the ball this year.Considering the 7 internations played by the Goosters, the Knights can hold there heads high.Cant wait to have a good look at Ennis and a few of the others.Hagan has got to be delighted.
GOOD ON YA BOYS!!

Sportsjock

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Sportsjock. What a familiar name. Have you made millions with ur singing career yet? I still want that signed album :lol:

Yes :lol: and private me your postal address and I'll get you one.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Thanks to all who posted comments from this game....didn't get to it myself. So I appreciate all the views.
Cheers!
Seems like we may have a season to look forward to.

rossy

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
When I got home last night and heard the score I was VERY surprised and delighted.Seems like the hard training has payed off and the coaching staff are on the ball this year.Considering the 7 internations played by the Goosters, the Knights can hold there heads high.Cant wait to have a good look at Ennis and a few of the others.Hagan has got to be delighted.
GOOD ON YA BOYS!!

Sorry guys, don't get too excited.

The Roosters started running Premier League & Flegg players on after about 20 minutes. The Knights looked ok, but Easts had their measure and the result was never in doubt & besides it was only a trial.

Guys like Cusack & Hodges were coming back from knee reconstructions and were lucky to play 25 minutes, while Crocker & Fitzgibbon were swapped all night too.

The announced Roosters side DID NOT have seven internationals in it and Morley didn't have a run either.

I did think that Finch was overshadowed by former Manly reserve grade recruit Luke Dorn & that the local club did a great job in running the show. It was nice to see so many of us Roosters supporters in your back yard for a trial match too!

gaterooze

Bench
rossy said:
The announced Roosters side DID NOT have seven internationals in it

Minichello
Walker
Ricketson
Fitzgibbon
Morley
Crocker
Cayless

That's 7, Rossy.

And apart from Morley and Mini for the second half, most of them were on all night (with the usual breaks for the forwards). I know Hodges was there for at least the entire first half because I was sitting right in front of him the whole time.

btw, there were no Flegg players at the ground for the Roosters by then -- we passed their bus heading home earlier in the afternoon, after the Flegg game was cancelled.

I find it pretty funny that the *winning* team has to make excuses for their performance and plead "It was only a trial!" :lol: That's very defensive of you... "methinks thou doth protest too much"

It reminds me of that sore winner, Sticky, after the Roosters narrowly beat the Cowboys last year. All he could say was that his team were a bit flat and tired after Origin, and that was the only reason the Cowboys could even get close... instead of actually giving the Cowboys some praise for a great performance!

But you're right Rossy, the Roosters fans did make a great showing at the ground! That was pretty impressive. I'd say 1/4 of the fans at least, which is great considering Port Stephens is definitely Knights territory. I will say that I see quite a few Roosters jerseys up this way during the year though (and, funnily enough, Broncos!). At the trial, apart from Knights and Roosters fans, there seemed to be a lot of Dragons walking around too...

Sportsjock said:
Chicken_Hunter said:

Yes :lol: and private me your postal address and I'll get you one.

AHHAA, have you actually made millions? or are you joking? If you have then i will definately pm you my addy.! I didnt see you on aussie idol or american idol depending on where you were.

Kaz

junior
CH

See if you can download the songs from kazaa.

That's if they are there yet. :lol:

Kaz

junior
gaterooze said:
rossy said:

Minichello
Walker
Ricketson
Fitzgibbon
Morley
Crocker
Cayless

That's 7, Rossy.

And apart from Morley and Mini for the second half, most of them were on all night (with the usual breaks for the forwards). I know Hodges was there for at least the entire first half because I was sitting right in front of him the whole time.

What game were you watching.

Morley didn't play.

But Hodges played 27 mins of the first half before being replaced.

I have just posted about Hodges playing 27 mins of the 1st half & Morley not playing at all.

You can have the link to see for your self

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,8756080-23214,00.html

Hodges was used sparingly by coach Ricky Stuart, playing the opening 27 minutes before being replaced.

In contrast, only Brad Fittler, Craig Wing, Adrian Morley and Chris Flannery were absent for the Roosters.

BTW: When did Walker play a International game.

gaterooze

Bench
I know Morley didn't play, you goose, that's what I said ("apart from Morley"). And I'd swear Hodges saw out the first half. My bad on Walker not donning the green & gold.

Thanks for the link, good to see the full try-scorers list and the crowd figure. I'm sure the organizers will be pleased with 4k at such a small ground.

rossy

Juniors
gaterooze said:
rossy said:

Minichello
Walker
Ricketson
Fitzgibbon
Morley
Crocker
Cayless

That's 7, Rossy.

btw, there were no Flegg players at the ground for the Roosters by then -- we passed their bus heading home earlier in the afternoon, after the Flegg game was cancelled.

I find it pretty funny that the *winning* team has to make excuses for their performance and plead "It was only a trial!" :lol: That's very defensive of you... "methinks thou doth protest too much"

It reminds me of that sore winner, Sticky, after the Roosters narrowly beat the Cowboys last year. All he could say was that his team were a bit flat and tired after Origin, and that was the only reason the Cowboys could even get close... instead of actually giving the Cowboys some praise for a great performance!

But you're right Rossy, the Roosters fans did make a great showing at the ground! That was pretty impressive. I'd say 1/4 of the fans at least, which is great considering Port Stephens is definitely Knights territory. I will say that I see quite a few Roosters jerseys up this way during the year though (and, funnily enough, Broncos!). At the trial, apart from Knights and Roosters fans, there seemed to be a lot of Dragons walking around too...

Announced on the evening, at the ground...

Gee it's a little too early to get so parochial isn't it?

I would like to know what game you were at, because both Hodges and Cusack were off after 25 minutes, while Fitzgibbon swapped early with Crocker and was never really seen again.

Easts ran a lot of young blokes and by my estimation probably ran 25-30 blokes all up in 1st Grade. As for Premier League they swapped teams at half time and a number of those blokes were from the Flegg Squad which, as Roosters supporters, we would be a little better equipped to know who they are with all due respect.

So we're down to five internationals and a lot of them had limited game time. As for the sore losers crap, put it away will ya? We can all through that sort of stuff around, but I guess some of us might be a little more grown up.

Again my advice is don't get too excited, it's only a trial match.