What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm spoiler

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Compare that to the ball tampering allegations that are no doubt going to come out of this game will overshadow the "cheating" of a professional foul.

If you're talking about putting water on the ball as Gus and co alluded to then you're dreaming. Teams have been doing it for 5700 years.

Packy

Bench
Worse than the one involving Reynolds earlier and that didn't pet punished to the correct level either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a penalty but not serious enough to warrant sin binning because Boyd was milking it.
If he was milking it and took a dive don't you think they wouldn't have given a penalty at all??? It was a blatant processional foul everyday of the week. Except when the Storm are responsible.

Danish

Referee
To be honest I don't know if that's a sin bin. I mean if you are going to make taking a chaser out off the ball as the sin bin standard, we are going to see plenty of binnings every week.

What is more wrong with what slater did for example than any number of players who are penalised regularly for "blocking" players who are trying to compete for the ball? Yes it was more blatant but it certainly wasn't any more deliberate act of cheating

Diesel

Referee
That definitely showed the Melbourne 3 are untouchable. Pisses me off as most other teams or players not as well known would've been binned straight away. I hope Bennett blew up at the presser, but he'll just shrug it off and ask the media their thoughts

Apey

Staff member
:lol: at the complaints about putting water on the ball... welcome to rugby league I hope you enjoy the game.

But yeah on topic, you'd have to think the sin bin for a 'professional foul' is just about dead.

I'm sure they will whip a sin bin out for some undeserving play over the next few weeks just to show us all that it still exists.

stormbati

Bench
10-4 penalty count and still couldn't win. Made 70 fewer tackles and still lost . Blame the ref all you want but when you can't win on your home turf with those leg-ups, you're ignoring the real problem

Evenflow

Bench
If he was milking it and took a dive don't you think they wouldn't have given a penalty at all??? It was a blatant processional foul everyday of the week. Except when the Storm are responsible.

Pretty sure he's saying that while contact was there and warranted a penalty, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Boyd going down like he'd been shot. There's no doubt Cronk got an arm on him but there's also no doubt it was nowhere enough to knock him down. The refs obviously also seen it for what it was and made their decision accordingly.

Haffa

10-4 penalty count and still couldn't win. Made 70 fewer tackles and still lost . Blame the ref all you want but when you can't win on your home turf with those leg-ups, you're ignoring the real problem

Don't think anyone is denying this. Especially knights fans. Still was a sin bin though.

Enjoy the rant though...

voltron

Juniors

bullcrap
when your team can get away with blatant professional fouls
we deserved the advantage of an extra man
extra penalties are meaningless if we're just suffocated by slow play the balls
and the refs refuse to take the appropriate action

Card Shark

Immortal
Inconsistent reffing from incompetent morons. Guaranteed sinbin for any other team

Yes ....except the Bulldogs with the Reynolds 1 a few weeks back.

Sin bin every day. Cronk deliberately fouled him to prevent the chance of a try.

I would put Storm, Dogs and Souths fans in the one group category who can invent a denial & covering lie no matter what the circumstances and no matter how blatantly obvious to all fair minded people the issue is.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think you're selling Manly fans short by not including them in that group tbh :lol:

As for the water on the ball whinge... FMD what will they complain about when that wet stuff FALLS FROM THE f**kING SKY?

Card Shark

Immortal
I think you're selling Manly fans short by not including them in that group tbh :lol:

As for the water on the ball whinge... FMD what will they complain about when that wet stuff FALLS FROM THE f**kING SKY?

Storm jealous they didnt think of it like every other sly act they have introduced to the game.

Evenflow

Bench
I would put Storm, Dogs and Souths fans in the one group category who can invent a denial & covering lie no matter what the circumstances and no matter how blatantly obvious to all fair minded people the issue is.

It's blatantly obvious you make your way into the Manly v Souffs game thread then. If you did you wouldn't have made such a stupid comment :lol:

Latest posts