What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm spoiler

Not one ounce of regret here mate as i said mate, i actually thought the lopsided penalty count was fair enough today because we were laying all over them and we were undisciplined. As for the Cronk/Boyd thing i'm only calling it as i see it. While Cronk flew the arm out and impeded him somewhat there was no way it was enough to bring Boyd to the ground like he did which is why the refs called it as they did. If it was honestly enough to bring him to ground then then he shouldn't be playing the game.

Fair dinkum we have threads at the moment lamenting the fact that players dive and what a scourge on the game it is which i totally agree with, but then when someone goes down when most likely he shouldn't have most are in uproar about.

Again Cronk made a play at him when he wasn't entitled to and rightly got a penalty against him but the severity of the contact (or lack of it) didn't warrant 10 in the bin IMO. I don't expect most to agree with me there but that's ok as they're also fully entitled to their opinion as well.

Well, i do appreciate the argument your putting forward and yes, the diving issue is one really annoying issue in our game.

On the Cronk thing though, I just dont see the degrees of guilt that you see on this & my first impression has stayed with me from the time I saw the incident. And that is that Cronk chose to perform a professional foul which is entirely different to just a breach of the rules deserving a penalty.

The differentiator from penalty to pro foul is the sin bin, so despite the argument that Boyd MAY (and you have admitted you dont know on that) have called the milkman, I still see the professional foul nature of it and as such the necessity for the bin.

Evenflow

Bench
Well, i do appreciate the argument your putting forward and yes, the diving issue is one really annoying issue in our game.

On the Cronk thing though, I just dont see the degrees of guilt that you see on this & my first impression has stayed with me from the time I saw the incident. And that is that Cronk chose to perform a professional foul which is entirely different to just a breach of the rules deserving a penalty.

The differentiator from penalty to pro foul is the sin bin, so despite the argument that Boyd MAY (and you have admitted you dont know on that) have called the milkman, I still see the professional foul nature of it and as such the necessity for the bin.

That's fair enough. While i may not agree it's all open to interpretation and we all see things differently sometimes. No matter what side we see it it's something that always has and always will cause much contention.

As mentioned i didn't know how that one was going to go at the time and i while i thought Boyd made it look worse than it was, i honestly wasn't sure or wouldn't have been surprised at what way the refs decided to call it.

StormHi

Juniors
Boyd went down like a prima Donna instead of trying to milk it the stupid merkin shoulda bumped off crooked and contested the ball. That slater had covered anyways.

I bet Boyd went and had a teary on papa Wayne's shoulders after the game.

Eat it storm haters and soft coq Newie fans Rofl hope you ball tampering merkins miss the eight!!!

:)

StormHi

Juniors
Ball tampering :lol:

If it rains it isn't tampering as it will be the natural state of the ball. Pouring water over the ball so it is soaked through before kicking it to the opposition is tampering with the natural state of the ball ( it is comparable to coating yourself in vasoline ala James Graeme )

Laugh it off if you like but that is blatantly against the spirit of the game and a low act. :x

Rod

Bench
You know what's against the spirit of the game, tackling blokes without the ball.

StormHi

Juniors
Gotta love the logic storm players get bitten, Have their nuts mauled and have to put up with a soaked slippery ball on a sunny day due to opposition ball tampering and we are the dogs because Darius cry baby Boyd flops and dives hoping for a easy penalty try instead of contesting the ball.

Bunch of soft c**k merkins!!!

StormHi

Juniors
You know what's against the spirit of the game, tackling blokes without the ball.

Well one he diddnt tackle him Boyd ran into his arm then shoved cronk over then threw himself onto the ground.

Talk about pathetic :eek:

StormHi

Juniors
Love johns getting showed up as well "never happens here" next minute footage of soaking ball with date and time stamp "it could be any old footage....." Get off the drugs you lying dopey merkin!!

Rod

Bench
Constantly whinges about a wet ball, yet we are the soft c**ks.

Quality logic.

Swarzey

Bench
Laugh it off if you like but that is blatantly against the spirit of the game and a low act. :x

Hey, wasn't it the Storm who brought in wrestling? Or atleast, implemented it into their game, week in and week out? Of course, it's not "cheating" however, it has ruined the game.

Cheers lads! :sarcasm:

Rod

Bench
Yeah we paid the refs, that's why one of your players committed an obvious professional foul and stayed on the field, even though your own coach said he could have easily been binned.

StormHi

Juniors
Hey, wasn't it the Storm who brought in wrestling? Or atleast, implemented it into their game, week in and week out? Of course, it's not "cheating" however, it has ruined the game.

Cheers lads! :sarcasm:

If you believe that then you are an idiot!! Lol would love to see the storms suspension stats for grapples crusher tackles in comparison to all the other teams and see the time frame as well :lol:

StormHi

Juniors
Yeah we paid the refs, that's why one of your players committed an obvious professional foul and stayed on the field, even though your own coach said he could have easily been binned.

Lol refs diddnt want it to look to obvious look at you now crying that you diddnt get your monies worth.

Bellamy just diddnt want to get glassed or bashed by some Newcastle hobo miner still crying over a non event. :roll:

Swarzey

Bench
If you believe that then you are an idiot!! Lol would love to see the storms suspension stats for grapples crusher tackles in comparison to all the other teams and see the time frame as well :lol:

grapples crusher tacklers? Never said anything like that, I however brought to you something that isn't in the spirit of the game and that's the wrestling factor; slowing the play the ball down to limit quick plays and allow the team to reset their defensive line. Anyone here would agree you lot mastered it and while it has been a part of your success no doubt, it's become such a common tactic that it's slowed the game down entirely. You can't compete if you don't use it.

Please, explain how that isn't in the spirit of the game if you think otherwise?

StormHi

Juniors
Also re- watch the game 90% of the penalties storm gave up was in the knights side of the field..... Awesome tactic that.

Seriously some people need to get a grip on reality.

StormHi

Juniors
grapples crusher tacklers? Never said anything like that, I however brought to you something that isn't in the spirit of the game and that's the wrestling factor; slowing the play the ball down to limit quick plays and allow the team to reset their defensive line. Anyone here would agree you lot mastered it and while it has been a part of your success no doubt, it's become such a common tactic that it's slowed the game down entirely. You can't compete if you don't use it.

Please, explain how that isn't in the spirit of the game if you think otherwise?

Lol slowing the play of the ball down rofl you preferred the good Ol days of hands on the ball pulling the shirt over the head knee's to the thighs thumbs in the eyes oh and I suppose the storm came up with the wedgie :roll: you simply are a hater with no concept of how tackling has evolved.

Just give up or go watch afl if you don't like the modern game I hear they got tackling down perfectly. :lol:

Swarzey

Bench
Lol slowing the play of the ball down rofl you preferred the good Ol days of hands on the ball pulling the shirt over the head knee's to the thighs thumbs in the eyes oh and I suppose the storm came up with the wedgie :roll: you simply are a hater with no concept of how tackling has evolved.

Just give up or go watch afl if you don't like the modern game I hear they got tackling down perfectly. :lol:

Clutching at straws I see....

I prefer the Ol days where teams didn't hold down players, turning the game into a slow grinding affair. I prefer the days when teams didn't wrestle a player to the ground, turning them on their back and doing whatever they can to slow the play the ball down. It happened, sure, but to the extent it happens today is ridiculous. Fact is, Melbourne mastered it and made it a consistent factor in their game.

I actually have a pretty clear idea of the evolution of tackling. I just don't like it.

You're pretty clueless aren't you? :lol:

Latest posts